Got good credit? Get a PS3 for 350$ and S/H

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-3-for-only-350-with-limited-time-offer-37677.phtml

Basically open a line of credt with Sony and they'll give you 150$ in rebates. Typically it'll take 2-3 months for the rebates to post. You'll also get 5 free Blu-ray films also. And if you want, you can sell the PS2 and push it below 300$. The interest rate sucks so pay it off and close the account afterwards.

Just aheads up for those wanting to make the jump but don't want to plunk down 500$.

Details at the link.

Capt.Hilarious

Of all the names to choose...Capt.Hilarious?
Apr 26, 2006
MD
Not a bad deal at all - although the Blu-Ray movies they are offering all kind of suck. Except for Blazing Saddles. Tempting though...

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
Sony isn't really giving away jack shit of a deal on this.
It sort of reeks of.. hmm.. desperation to get a larger user base.
Can't say I blame 'em.

With that being said, tax + shipping brings it to around $560-580 or so.
I'd guess the sony card isn't the nicest when it comes to interest too.
So, if it's 10-22%, you're still looking at paying around 590-640 bucks total, give or take once interest is taken into account.
Then you have to wait 3 months for your 150 rebate/credit returned to you.

Which then hikes your overall total down to somewhere around 430-500 bucks. (and you still have to pay interest technically, on the refunded amount, too heh)

Basically, all you get out of this are free crappy movies, a ps3 without an emotion chip, and a 150 dollar rebate (considering the interest, it's probably more like 75 bucks).
OOH HAPPY FEET AND TALADEGA NIGHTS FOR ALL, AND I CAN'T PROPERLY PLAY KATAMARI TOO?! WOOO. SIGN ME UP.

If I could pay on my amex, this would be great.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
I couldn't even qualify for for a fucking Fingerhut card at this point.

Thank you defaulted student loan.......

Picklestyle

Jun 21, 2007
Alabama....ick
I couldn't even qualify for for a fucking Fingerhut card at this point.

Thank you defaulted student loan.......
student loans from the fed typically do not effect your credit. Was your loan from the fed or a bank?

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Sony isn't really giving away jack shit of a deal on this.
It sort of reeks of.. hmm.. desperation to get a larger user base.
Can't say I blame 'em.

With that being said, tax + shipping brings it to around $560-580 or so.
I'd guess the sony card isn't the nicest when it comes to interest too.
So, if it's 10-22%, you're still looking at paying around 590-640 bucks total, give or take once interest is taken into account.
Then you have to wait 3 months for your 150 rebate/credit returned to you.

Which then hikes your overall total down to somewhere around 430-500 bucks. (and you still have to pay interest technically, on the refunded amount, too heh)

Basically, all you get out of this are free crappy movies, a ps3 without an emotion chip, and a 150 dollar rebate (considering the interest, it's probably more like 75 bucks).
OOH HAPPY FEET AND TALADEGA NIGHTS FOR ALL, AND I CAN'T PROPERLY PLAY KATAMARI TOO?! WOOO. SIGN ME UP.

If I could pay on my amex, this would be great.

Ya dope. Get the PS3 for 500$ with the Emotion Engine. then pay it off on a real credit card with a good APR. Then just wait for the rebate, have a coke, and finish it off with a smile.