TV Gotham on Fox - Thursday

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Did a couple of searches no thread.

Ben McKenzie was cast as Gordon and today....

Fox's Batman Prequel 'Gotham' Casts Penguin, Alfred
10:00 AM PST 2/11/2014 by Lesley Goldberg
Robin Lord Taylor, Zabryna Guevara, Sean Pertwee and Erin Richards have joined the drama starring Ben McKenzie as Jim Gordon.

Michael Buckner/Getty Images; AP Photo/Joel Ryan; Neilson Barnard/Getty Images; Everett Collection
Erin Richards, left, Sean Pertwee, Zabryna Guevara and Robin Lord Taylor
Just days after tapping Ben McKenzieas Jim Gordon, Fox's Batman prequel Gotham is filling out its key players, casting regulars including Alfred, notable villain The Penguin and a love interest for the commissioner-to-be.

Robin Lord Taylor, Zabryna Guevara, Sean Pertwee and Erin Richards have been tapped to join the network's Gotham, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Gotham is described as an origin tale centering on DC Comics fixture Commissioner James Gordon (Southland alum McKenzie) and the villains that made Gotham famous.

STORY: Fox's 'Batman' Prequel Will Include Young Bruce Wayne

Taylor (The Walking Dead, Another Earth) will play Oswald Cobblepot -- aka The Penguin. The character is described as having the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal who is a low-level psychopath for gangster Fish Mooney who hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor. Taylor becomes the latest actor to play Penguin, joining Danny DeVito (Batman Returns) and Burgess Meredith (the 1960s Batman series).

Guevara (Burn Notice) will portray Captain Essen, rookie Gordon's boss at the Gotham City Police Department Homicide Squad, who balances the two worlds of police and politics with a Machiavellian skill that is as much corporate litigator as cop.

Pertwee (Elementary, Camelot) is set as Alfred Pennyworth, the iconic butler from the Batman franchise. In Gotham, the character is a tough-as-nails ex-Marine from East London, who has loyally served the Wayne family. Now, in the wake of their tragic deaths, he is fiercely protective of the young Bruce Wayne. (The part of the eventual Caped Crusader has yet to be cast.) Others who have played Alfred include Alan Napier (the 1960s Batman); Michael Gough (in the Tim Burton Batman features); and Michael Caine, who most recently co-starred in Christopher Nolan's Batman franchise.

Richards (Breaking In, Being Human) has been cast as Barbara Kean, a sophisticated ER doctor, who is engaged to marry Gordon. She's joyful but with an edge of vulnerability who stands by her future husband … which can be difficult in a world as corrupt as Gotham.

STORY: Fox's Batman Prequel 'Gotham' Taps 'Southland's' Ben McKenzie as Gordon

The Warner Bros. Television drama pilot, which has series commitment attached, is being written and executive produced by The Mentalist showrunner Bruno Heller. Danny Cannon (CSI, Nikita) will direct and executive produce the pilot.

Speaking to reporters last month at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour, Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said the series will explore other characters from DC's massive Batman cannon.

"This is not one of the things where you bought a franchise and then none of characters people know," Reilly said. "We will follow Bruce Wayne right up until the point where he gets interesting."

Reilly confirmed that Gotham will be as much of an origin story for Batman as for Gordon. "It's Gotham teetering on the edge," he said. "This is all of the classic Batman characters."

PHOTOS: 10 Great Batman Villains

The Joker, Riddler and Catwoman are also expected to be part of the project, with the plan for the series is to ultimately end with Bruce Wayne putting on the cape and becoming Batman -- much as Smallville did with Superman.

Following the session, Reilly told reporters that the series will be very serialized and not an "adjunct companion" show. "This is the Batman franchise just backing it up," he said. "It gives a real focus as to what this show is about and what stories we're telling."

Taylor is repped by Abrams Artists Agency; Guevara is with the Kohner Agency and JWS; Pertwee is with the U.K.'s Hamilton Hodell and NB; and Richards is with WME and Magnolia.

Email: Lesley.Goldberg@THR.com
Twitter: @Snoodit

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
We'll see....

Frankie_b

He'll play the partner to Ben McKenzie's rookie detective James Gordon in the Batman prequel story.

AP Images
Donal Logue
Fox's Batman prequel is rounding out its ranks, booking Sons of Anarchy alum Donal Logue to play a pivotal role in Gotham.
Fox's 'Batman' Prequel Will Include Young Bruce Wayne

Logue has boarded the Batman origin story as Detective Harvey Bullock, the partner to Ben McKenzie's rookie detective James Gordon, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Gotham is as an origin tale centering on DC Comics fixture Commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham famous.

STORY: Fox's 'Batman' Prequel Will Include Young Bruce Wayne

Bullock is described Gordon's partner and mentor, who is rough around the edges and plays loose with police procedure -- but gets results and does it with old-school, forceful panache.

The Warner Bros. Television drama pilot, which has a series commitment attached, is being written and executive produced by The Mentalist showrunner Bruno Heller. Danny Cannon (CSI, Nikita) will direct and executive produce the pilot.

Logue joins a cast that also includes Robin Lord Taylor as the Penguin, Zabryna Guevara (Captain Essen), Sean Pertwee (Alfred) and Erin Richards (Barbara Kean, Gordon's love interest). Casting for the young Bruce Wayne has not yet been announced.

For Logue, the role marks his latest TV gig following FX's Sons of Anarchy, Copper, Vikings, Royal Pains, Terriers and Life. He's repped by UTA, Kipperman Management and Katz Golden.

STORY: TV Pilots 2014: The Complete Guide

Speaking to reporters last month at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour, Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said the series will explore other characters from DC's massive Batman cannon.

"This is not one of the things where you bought a franchise and then none of characters people know," Reilly said. "We will follow Bruce Wayne right up until the point where he gets interesting."

Reilly confirmed that Gotham will be as much of an origin story for Batman as for Gordon. "It's Gotham teetering on the edge," he said. "This is all of the classic Batman characters."

PHOTOS: 10 Great Batman Villains

The Joker, Riddler and Catwoman are also expected to be part of the project, with the plan being for the series to ultimately end with Bruce Wayne putting on the cape and becoming Batman -- much as Smallville did with Clark Kent/Superman.

Following the session, Reilly told reporters that the series will be very serialized and not an "adjunct companion" show. "This is the Batman franchise just backing it up," he said. "It gives a real focus as to what this show is about and what stories we're telling."

Email: Lesley.Goldberg@THR.com
Twitter: @Snoodit

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
So Bullock's going to be ready for retirement when Batman hits the field?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Who's playing Wildcat?

BIV

Gotham City's Organized Crime Run by Jada Pinkett Smith
February 19, 2014 / casting, gotham, jada pinkett smith, news, television

Good news for all you HawthoRNe Heads out there: Jada Pinkett Smith is returning to television, signing on for a part in Fox's pre-Batman Batman series, Gotham. The Smith Family matriarch will reportedly play Fish Mooney, Oswald Cobblepot's higher-up, "a sadistic gangster boss and nightclub owner who has the street smarts and almost extra-sensory abilities to read people like an open book." Turns out she does still exist outside The Matrix.

http://iwatchstuff.com/2014/02/gotham-citys-organized-crime-run-by-jada.php

Frankie_b

I kinda think they're stretching calling anything in this post a spoiler.

Jada Pinkett-Smith Talks GOTHAM, Reveals Spoiler

Jada Pinkett-Smith took to facebook to share her excitement about joining Fox's Batman prequel show, Gotham but in her enthusiasm, she may have inadvertently revealed a spoiler.
Follow Mark:

By Mark Julian - 2/21/2014
Actress Jada Pinkett-Smith was recently confirmed to star as the lead villain on Fox's Gotham, a prequel to the Batman mythology that focuses on a young cop named Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) and an adolescent Bruce Wayne (not yet cast), recently bereft of his parents. Here's Jada's post:

To my Facebook family

Last night, I decided to accept the role of Fish Mooney, who is the sadistic villain in the upcoming Batman prequel, Gotham, for Fox TV. I’ve committed to a year to work alongside a very talented cast, a super cool, creative and talented head writer and an extraordinary director. This one…is going to be funnnnnn!

Stay tuned:)

J

The key piece of information here is that Pinkett-Smith is only committed to the show for a year, meaning it's likely that her character won't stay the top gangster in Gotham past the first season. Maybe Fish Mooney doesn't even stay alive past the first season? That would make a bit of sense actually, as we're reportedly going to see very young versions of the Riddler and Joker and the Penguin is confirmed to appear, as played by Robin Lord Taylor.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=94928#Zy2AaGj9Ww2V87sC.99

Donal Logue joined the cast? I say this show gets cancelled before the first season is over.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
I am hesitantly looking forward to this show. I'm not gung ho about it, but I think it has potential. I just hope Alfred isn't a regular, because there's no reason for Alfred to be hanging out with Gordon and I don't care about a broody 12 year old exercising.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
I am hesitantly looking forward to this show. I'm not gung ho about it, but I think it has potential. I just hope Alfred isn't a regular, because there's no reason for Alfred to be hanging out with Gordon and I don't care about a broody 12 year old exercising.
I'm looking forward to this:
[The Penguin] is described as having the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal who is a low-level psychopath for gangster Fish Mooney who hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor.

Bobobie

Wasn't Bullock a crooked fat cop in the comics and cartoons? I'm guessing this is his character before he ballooned up and went on the take.

BIV

'Gotham' Has Its Teenage Catwoman and Lil' Bruce
March 4, 2014 / camren bicondova, casting, david mazouz, fox, gotham, news, television

Fox has found the adolescent Bruce Wayne and teen Selina Kyle that will make their Gotham series feel youthful and alive again. For the future Batman, they've reportedly hired on 13-year-old David Mazouz, best known as Kiefer Sutherland's mute son on another Fox series, Touch. At last, we'll get to sit in on the Dark Knight's week of sex ed. For orphaned teenage thief turned eventual Catwoman, the network's got Camren Bicondova. Right now, she's only been in something called Battlefield America, but as you can see, already she has the most cat-like look you can get without Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley tampering with nature again.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?

Eeeee! Blimps!

"Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world's greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon's story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world's most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them – the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker?

"Gotham" is an origin story of the great DC Comics super villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller ("The Mentalist," "Rome"), "Gotham" follows one cop's rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time.

Growing up in Gotham City's surrounding suburbs, James Gordon (Ben McKenzie, "Southland," "The O.C.") romanticized the city as a glamorous and exciting metropolis where his late father once served as a successful district attorney. Now, two weeks into his new job as a Gotham City detective and engaged to his beloved fiancée, Barbara Kean (Erin Richards, Open Grave, "Breaking In"), Gordon is living his dream – even as he hopes to restore the city back to the pure version he remembers it was as a kid.

Brave, honest and ready to prove himself, the newly-minted detective is partnered with the brash, but shrewd police legend Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue, "Sons of Anarchy," "Terriers," "Vikings," "Copper"), as the two stumble upon the city's highest-profile case ever: the murder of local billionaires Thomas and Martha Wayne. At the scene of the crime, Gordon meets the sole survivor: the Waynes' hauntingly intense 12-year-old son, Bruce (David Mazouz, "Touch"), toward whom the young detective feels an inexplicable kinship. Moved by the boy's profound loss, Gordon vows to catch the killer.

As he navigates the often-underhanded politics of Gotham's criminal justice system, Gordon will confront imposing gang boss Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith, The Matrix films, "HawthoRNe," Collateral), and many of the characters who will become some of fiction's most renowned, enduring villains, including a teenaged Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman (acting newcomer Camren Bicondova) and Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor, "The Walking Dead," Another Earth).

Although the crime drama will follow Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department, led by Police Captain Sarah Essen (Zabryna Guevara, "Burn Notice"), it also will focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune, who is being raised by his unflappable butler, Alfred (Sean Pertwee, "Camelot," "Elementary"). It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be."

HandPanzer

τι θελεις
It's good to see Sid still getting work, and I really enjoy Donal Logue.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Jada Pinkett Smith and her shitty kids can all rot. Not watching this because she's involved. They had tons of organized crime characters that are already to choose from in the Batman universe and they had to make a new one. Fuck this show.

BIV

Jada Pinkett Smith and her shitty kids can all rot. Not watching this because she's involved. They had tons of organized crime characters that are already to choose from in the Batman universe and they had to make a new one. Fuck this show.
Okay, I wasn't expecting that reaction.