TV Gotham on Fox - Thursday

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Gotta say, I think they erred with the Ivy recast. Young Ivy looked like she had more in her than the new chick.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
The comic character? Now, I guess. The actress? Well, she's 17 years old as of May, so she's legal in most of the United States, at least for sure in New Jersey. I'd wait until she was 18 to be safe.

Radioguy

They doubled-down on Tetch, and this guy ain't pulling it off. I can see they visually went for a guy to give a unDisneyfied Depp-look, but he just has no presence. He's like a community theatre wannabe.

The implication that he had an incestuous relationship with Alice was the only thing that's "redeemable", but it can't make up for the acting. Sorry.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
In the "Gotham" writers room:

"We've had 3 complaints that there's not enough "gay" in Gotham."

"What? Barbara and Tabitha have a thing."

"They're both hot chicks that go both ways. That only appeals to heterosexual men."

"Despite his name and mannerisms, we can't turn Bruce. Maybe he can experiment in college. That could tie into his relationship with Dick Greyson."

"No, that's years away. We need to hamhandedly shoe horn a gay subplot into this season. It has to involve two established male characters and not make any sense at all. Get on it."

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I agree with the last 2 statements.

This season is starting to drag. The Tetch thing is going on too
long and isn't that great and I never imagined Penguin as a gay.
Obviously Ed is not thinking in that way at all. He wants bush.

Radioguy

Actually, Cory Michael Smith is doing a fair job at pulling off homoerotic vibes with Robin Lord Taylor...and the latter doesn't have to try hard to play it gay, of course.

That pairing doesn't seem as odd or out of place as the Tetch plotline or Benedict Samuel's performance. That could very well be the jump the shark moment here, unless they really pull it out of the fire with Cameron Monaghan returning, and definitively as The Joker.

I agree with the last 2 statements.

This season is starting to drag. The Tetch thing is going on too
long and isn't that great and I never imagined Penguin as a gay.
Obviously Ed is not thinking in that way at all. He wants bush.
Agreed......seems like they've lost the spark from last season. Cobblepot/Nygma dynamic has potential but not if it has to go the gay way.

Radioguy

Hmm, got caught up on the last couple...

I wonder if the gays are up in arms...or fists...over the way Cobblepot is coming across in such a backstabby way now. I can easily imagine complaints of how the gay character is a villain, and jealous of a heterosexual relationship. Given that Robin likely got the producers/writers to make his character gay, as he is, I'm surprised to see it take this turn.

Otherwise, the Kringle thing went in an odd direction that doesn't play well unless she's something else...like Kringle actually resurrected, or maybe a sister seeking the truth as in Psycho (That would be a nice homage, actually).

As for Barnes, is he a series creation, or is he becoming an established DCU character? I have somewhat of a life, so these things aren't always second-nature to me. I half-wonder if he only signed on for this long, wants out, or they want him out, as this looks like his storyline is gonna wrap up by end of season.

As for Tetch, leave him in Arkham and lock away the key until recasting. Ugh, they must know he isn't well received. Also, his fall seemed so out of character. Getting the zombified wait staff to serve the wine before announcing himself might have gotten most to drink it. There's no way that would have happened how it played out. I wonder if the negative reaction to Samuels led them to make a quick fall to write him out that way (bad job, if so).

The Lee/Gordon stuff is too much Sam & Diane now. Gotta kill her off, or get her married to Gordon. That bandage on the back of Mario's neck is a portent of a marriage not to be.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
has been renewed for a fourth season

Radioguy

That they embraced throwing out the rulebook was the best thing. I think the only thing to fuck it up would be WB pressure to curtail or change things to tie it into, or conflict less with, the DCU films they are doing.

TomC

uppity neobarb
not bad.
Cyrus Gold = Solomon Grundy
two least favorite, Barbra and Fish. Hope Lee stays gone.

Radioguy

two least favorite, Barbra and Fish. Hope Lee stays gone.
You saw the episode(s), and still think they will stay dead?

That WAS a Lazarus pit, you know. Needless to say it's gonna feature prominently now, being canon in the show. No one of importance will ever stay dead. That said, it looked like the kinda death Jada Pinkett would have wanted if she really wanted out. Despite that, Fish, Barbara, and Edward can all come back now.

Kinda hate Strange being a lower-rung baddie. Wong is great, and I'd like to see more of him on equal footing with the other big villains.

I also think that may be the best Mr. Freeze suit I've ever seen. Hate him being some local, and thought the origin episode was weak, but that suit rocks.

TomC

uppity neobarb
Lazarus pit, googled it. Was not aware, little to deep for me.

You saw the episode(s), and still think they will stay dead?
I say yes, I think the two are gone for good. BW needs to start building mass, all the skills wont overcome some thick neck goon.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
So, Alfred is a Royal Marine who punched a little girl in the face and she didnt as much as stagger. This is who is training the Bat-Man!?

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
So, Alfred is a Royal Marine who punched a little girl in the face and she didnt as much as stagger. This is who is training the Bat-Man!?
He might have pulled his punch due to her being a little girl...

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Alfred loves nothing more than to make a spot of tea then punch a bitch in the mouth.

Penguin and Ed are great

Last edited:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Just finished season 3. I thought it was great. Strongest season so far. I like that they decided to jump into actual Batman with both feet.