Gran Turismo 5 [PS3] - Prologue Demo

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
If you have a Japanese PSN account, head straight over to the Japan PSN Store as the demo for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue was released over the weekend. It's a 16 car, 2 lap race. One of the cool features is the in-car camera angle, which allows you to see both the rear view and side mirrors. The game also supports force feedback wheels and the upcoming rumble Sixaxis controller.

[YT]R3GgojrKb5Y[/YT]

Not sure when it is coming out to the North American PSN Store, so it's worth the trouble of getting if you don't already have a Japanese PSN account for your PS3 yet.

Grem

Enjoying life one T-Cell at a time.
Oct 4, 2006
Yeah, i got this yesterday. How do you unlock the two cars? what what is the car under the blue velvet cloth?

BTW, this tells you everything about the demo and how the make a Japanese account:

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=104942

KakTheInfected

Mar 10, 2005
I will buy a PS3 when the full version is out. Only this game (and MGS4) has that kind of power.

I thought a demo for this was out already though? Or was GTHD just GT4 in HD?

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
I will buy a PS3 when the full version is out. Only this game (and MGS4) has that kind of power.

I thought a demo for this was out already though? Or was GTHD just GT4 in HD?
GTHD was just a single track time trial using the GT4 engine with "next gen" GT5 graphics. GT5 Prologue is the first showing of the actual GT5 engine. GT5 Prologue comes out for retail (with retail prices :icon_evil) in December in Japan, but no one knows when the full version of GT5 will be coming out. They say 2008, but who knows.

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore.
Oct 28, 2004
GTHD was just a single track time trial using the GT4 engine with "next gen" GT5 graphics. GT5 Prologue is the first showing of the actual GT5 engine. GT5 Prologue comes out for retail (with retail prices :icon_evil) in December in Japan, but no one knows when the full version of GT5 will be coming out. They say 2008, but who knows.
Yeah, what is that all about? I read something that said the demo was going to be able to be PURCHASED?

Grem

Enjoying life one T-Cell at a time.
Oct 4, 2006
Heres a video of someone playing it with a wheel:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2_kF_2l2U[/media]

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
It still doesn't look real yet. I'll buy a 600 dollar system when it looks no diffrent then video of a real car driving. Or fuck it, I'll just use the 600 dollars and drive in a real car to vegas.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
just downloaded it a few minutes ago. i'll check it out later.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
It still doesn't look real yet. I'll buy a 600 dollar system when it looks no diffrent then video of a real car driving. Or fuck it, I'll just use the 600 dollars and drive in a real car to vegas.
They aren't $600 anymore... You do realize that the 80GB PS3 with Motorstorm is $499.99 now don't you? The 60GB system is going for $479.99 as well.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Ok, but it's still a 500 dollar brick.

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore.
Oct 28, 2004
Fuck this game. I hate GT. I forgot how much I didnt like this series.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Love the GT series but it's too bad they don't allow flipping and damage.

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore.
Oct 28, 2004
Ill take Burnout over this game ANYDAY.

Never was a fan of the simulation games, I always like the arcade racers better. This game will sell millions and sell systems, im sure, which is a good thing because I fully support the PS3, but I have no need for it.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
The reports from the recent Tokyo Game Show mentioned that the final release of GT5 will indeed have vehicle damage. The Prologue demo doesn't have damage, BTW.

frago

I am Jacks raging bile duct
Apr 27, 2006
got to love sucking hind tit to a bunch of japs. they will probably have the game for a year before lesser people will get to play it. i am sure you will be able to get a bootleg version though so start brushing up on your japanese. all bow to your masters. and go wash your Toyota while your at it.

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
Jan 26, 2005
If I had the extra cash, I'd probably buy a PS3 just for this game (and maybe MGS). That's how much I love the GT series.
I'm still playing through GT4, stuck on a few races I just can't seem to beat now matter what car I use. Maybe it's something to do with the car's settings, I never could get the hang of tweaking them just right.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
If I had the extra cash, I'd probably buy a PS3 just for this game (and maybe MGS). That's how much I love the GT series.
I'm still playing through GT4, stuck on a few races I just can't seem to beat now matter what car I use. Maybe it's something to do with the car's settings, I never could get the hang of tweaking them just right.
I love the GT series. I'm totally stuck on the Nurburgring test for the 1A license. Fuckin' Germans.
Anyway, there's a site called GT Vault with people's tuning setting for just about every car. It really helps to have a properly tuned car if you want to win races. Especially suspension, front/rear ratios on 4wd, etc. This game is not about max power as much as cornering ability.

Anyway, I can't WAIT for GT5.