Grand Theft Auto V

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
Little early for too much excitement, but information has leaked about the new installment. So, I think it's time for discussion. I already can't wait for this one.

http://gammasquad.uproxx.com/2011/03/details-leaking-about-grand-theft-auto-5

Codenamed "Rush." Set in Hollywood/LA
So far we know Take-Two Interactive (the parent company of Rockstar Games) registered several domain names which sound like parody products to coincide with Grand Theft Auto 5. DeviceMag found some more information I’ll try to summarize here. In a very long, roundabout way, @supererogatory discovered that “Rush” is probably the code name for GTA V. The game is also rumored to be set in or around Hollywood.

DeviceMag also found a possible character list for “Rush” posted by randrews. That character list is after the jump and includes three FBI agents, a stereotypical hillbilly, a cult leader, a soccer mom, a swinger, a pothead, a publicist, a car dealer/loanshark, a paranoid guy, an IT guy, some hippies, a “Beverly Hills party boy”, a mobster, a Chinese translator, and somebody named Simon who is referred to but not described. I hope Simon shoots everyone else on the list except the Chinese translator and the IT guy. I might need them
Mitch Hayes:
38 – Annoying, wise cracking, highly successful FBI agent. In great shape. Does triathlons, drinks low cal beer, but still has a sense of humor.

Miguel Gonzalez:
25 Young Mexican American FBI agent, caught between a few mob bosses. Very clean cut

Clyde:
23 – Moronic, almost inbred and creepy white trash hillbilly. Very naive but in a creepy ‘it’s only incest sort of way’

Brother Adam:
Welsh monk / cult leader / yoga teacher – 50, very lithe, very into exploring your personal tension through gripping massage. Needs Welsh accent.

Mrs Avery:
Neurotic soccer mom, home maker, 48, anxious and addled on pain killers. Very angry at neighbor MRS Bell.

Mrs Bell:
Swinger, and mellow Californian divorcee. 45. Ugly but comfortable with self.

Eddie:
47 – Weed evangelist, guy who started smoking at 30, and is now a leading proponent of marijuana’s fantastic properties. White, awkward.

Ira Bernstein:
56 – publicist for an actress known as America’s newest sweetheart who just so happens to love animals, orphans, drugs and sex. He’s always trying to hide her latest indiscretion.

Kevin De Silva:
18 – Albert’s fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.

Harut Vartanyan:
42-52 years old – Armenian car dealer, moneylender, would be Fagin and would be bully. Heavily connected to the underworld, but irritates people so much no one likes him.

Nervous Jerry:
48 – paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon.

Calvin North:
55 – clapped out FBI agent who now mostly works offering advice on TV shows – whose only claim to fame turns out to be entirely false – but a decent guy in other ways. Badly dressed. Divorced. Putting on weight.

Jerry Cole:
53 – disabled IT expert and criminal information vendor.

Rich Roberts:
English hardman actor, 35, who acts tough but who wants to do serious work – the only problem is he can’t quite read the words.

Alex:
white 52 yr old loosie goosie hippy rich guy who has lost his money and is getting desperate but trying not to.

Scarlet:
45-52 years old – unshaven female spiritualist and hippy with a love of exploring the wilderness. Very into journeys.

Chad:
29 – pretty boy misogynist Beverly Hills party boy. Made money, but not as cool as he thinks he is.

Tae Wong:
39 – somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.

Taes Translator:
45 – VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his boss’s dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese.

Boratfan

WOO HOO its been almost 3 years since gta 4 came out.. maybe a little longer. Im dying for a new one.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
I didn't like GTA4 as much as San Andreas.

Hopefully this one will have Opie & Anthony and Ron Bennington voices.

ShooterMcGavin

Because I didn't want to bother with hard drive transfer, I've been playing through GTAIV again on the new Xbox. Just finished the Norton level. "That's a vintage bush!"

I just hope there aren't as many car chases. I always hated those levels. Especially when I'm on a motorcycle, the game loves to throw fire trucks at you.

I actually like GTAIV better than San Andreas as far as the story goes. It was brilliantly written. Plus the game looked beautiful. Sandbox play though, SA is definitely better. I would also like to go inside more buildings.

The Godfather

San Andreas you could fly planes around all day.

I would save my game at the desert air strip. I edited the config file on PC, so I always started with the best jets in the hangar.

So fun just listening to the radio and flying. Especially if you have custom mp3's loaded.

ALSO: Very, very fun in SA... still at that desert airstrip, get in the area51 hover machine, and fly over streets and highways and shoot the Mac10 at everyone. SOOO fun

stellarcomics

Overall SA was way better than GTA4 for vicarious fun.
Still I'm enjoying playing the Gang Wars on Lost & The Damned (I know I said I hated this game before; I've also stated that I'm a hypocrite). :)

kimothee

Token Gimpy Cunt
At the moment I'm drooling with anticipation for LA Noire....I *loved* playing GTA but after the last one, I got a little burned out. Am hoping they re-energize the franchise with some twists, like perhaps the FBI dude being the main character.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Can't wait for LA Noire. Also, I get the feeling this leaked info is BS. When has R* EVER had a fucking leak? I can't remember one.

I'm predicting.................that when the game is closer to a release date, a future vagina is gonna complain about the search button not being used.

Rockstar has never denied GTAV being in development, but I do like the prospect of it being out sooner rather than later

Before almost all GTA games since 3 on PS2, they have 'leaked' information that turned out to be nothing close to what the game was.

In reality, it was even better.

But I'm sold - I buy consoles just to play GTA and then never touch them again.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
meh, I've never finished a GTA, will probably skip this one and have fun with inFamous 2 instead.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
I would not be surprised to hear something on GTAV at E3 this year, since that willbe shortly after LA Noire's release. Otherwise, I am still calling bogus on this info.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
My favorite game series been playing since one. In fact I have all of the music from gta 1, 2, 3, vice city including the talk stations. gtagaming.com is a huge website for rockstar news. 4 was my favorite. But the ps2 games had the best talk stations.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
I would not be surprised to hear something on GTAV at E3 this year, since that willbe shortly after LA Noire's release. Otherwise, I am still calling bogus on this info.
Yeah, take2 are confirmed to be attending. and they start leeking/showing shit the year the game comes out.

ShooterMcGavin

I'm predicting.................that when the game is closer to a release date, a future vagina is gonna complain about the search button not being used.
Yes. me.

Although no one can really blame anyone anymore. Since when has the search feature worked? :action-sm

I haven't really enjoyed a GTA game since Vice City - which I think was the most perfect game ever. San Andreas bogged down in making sure you eat and work out. I never really got in to GTAIV at all. The city was too confusing and missions too hard.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
They need to do something very different with 5 or they shan't be getting my money. If it's just another installment with "TEH better grafx" I'll pass.

The Godfather

dude... this thread made me start playing San Adreas again.

I threw out my discs, so I had to download it (torrent).

I also downloaded a 100% game complete save game.. so I can immediatly just do whatever I want.

I love shooting people to get 3-4 stars and then jump in my jet I got stored at the desert airfield.

SOOO much fun

(btw... since it's a 2005 game, it doesn't use much computer RAM. I can actually disk defrag my addititional hardrive while I play!!!)

so fun when your drunk and high flying around during sunset.

Since all these game developers are re-releasing old games in HD; I wish Rockstar would do the same with the GTA3 games.

UnOriginal

Companion Cube Lover
I cannot wait, hope it comes out before the end of this year/early next year.

Since all these game developers are re-releasing old games in HD; I wish Rockstar would do the same with the GTA3 games.
After reading this thread I downloaded GTA San Andreas off of Xbox Live. It looks Reeeeally good for a game its age. I think you get full anti aliasing with the games on demand version on the 360.