Grand Theft Auto V

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
The is no official release date for the PC Version yet... I pre-ordered this about 6 months ago, and just asked for a status on my order to make sure it was still valid.. Here was their response:

"Thank you for contacting the Rockstar Games online store.

The product that you ordered is a pre-order and has not yet been
released to the public. Although we do not have an estimated release
date, as soon as it is available your order will be promptly fulfilled
and you will be notified via email."

24th of March. Official.

Grand Theft Auto V for PC has been delayed again, this time from its January 27th launch date to March 24th—the same day as PS4 exclusive Bloodborne.

Originally slated for a “Fall 2014″ release, the game was delayed to January. This time around, Rockstar says they just need a few more weeks to polish things up.

“Our apologies for the slight shift in the date but the game requires a few extra weeks of testing and polish to make it as good as can be,” Rockstar said in a statement. “Moving a release date is never a decision we take lightly and is a choice we make only when we know it is in the best interests of the game and our fans. Thanks everyone for your understanding and we assure you these few extra weeks will be worth it when the game does arrive in March.”

The company added that GTA Online will launch alongside GTA V on PC, and will support up to 30 players. The online game will include the new Online Heists.

“Online Heists for consoles will be launching in the coming weeks ahead of the PC launch,” Rockstar noted.

A lot of fans of the game are up in arms over the delay. Spend five seconds reading the comment thread at the announcement post on Rockstar Newswire and you’ll count scores of “lost me as a customer” posts. That’s a customer’s prerogative of course, but it’s also a bit silly.

Delaying a game that isn’t ready for release is far better than releasing a buggy mess. Rockstar has been pretty consistent in delivering a quality product over the years. It’s a bit unfortunate to see fans react this way to what amounts to a decision that’s consumer friendly first. After all, delaying a game isn’t necessarily good for a company’s bottom line.

In any case, the PC version will include triple monitor support, up to 4k resolution, and a video editor which will allow gamers to record, edit, and upload their gameplay.

Here are the specs:

Minimum specifications:
  • OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
  • DVD Drive
Recommended specifications:

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
  • DVD Drive
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/01/13/gta-v-for-pc-delayed-specs-announced/

Last edited:

Johnnyboy

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
The is no official release date for the PC Version yet... I pre-ordered this about 6 months ago, and just asked for a status on my order to make sure it was still valid.. Here was their response:

"Thank you for contacting the Rockstar Games online store.

The product that you ordered is a pre-order and has not yet been
released to the public. Although we do not have an estimated release
date, as soon as it is available your order will be promptly fulfilled
and you will be notified via email."
It's march 24th.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Pre-Order GTA 5 PC for $1 Million In-Game Cash and Free Game
Share.
Make it rain.
By Brian AlbertUpdate: Pre-ordering GTA V on Steam gets you the same $500,000 dollars for story mode, as well as the $500,000 for GTA online. If you order by February 1, you'll also receive the extra $300,000 for GTA online, and a free PC copy of GTA: San Andreas. No other free games are available.

--------------------------------------

Original Story: Rockstar has announced pre-order bonuses for the physical and digital PC editions of Grand Theft Auto 5.

All players who pre-order the game will receive $500,000 dollars for GTA V's story mode and $500,000 for GTA Online.

If you pre-order the digital version from the developer's online service, Rockstar Warehouse, by February 1, you'll also get an extra $300,000 for GTA Online, plus a free PC game download of your choice.

7 Mods We Want to Play in GTA 5
07:00
The list of eligible games includes:

• Max Payne 3
  • L.A. Noire
  • GTA: Episodes from Liberty City
  • GTA IV
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition
  • GTA: San Andreas
  • Manhunt
  • Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
  • GTA: Vice CIty
  • Midnight Club 2
  • GTA III
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...er_27779_1612748_1612785&utm_content=15539969

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Adversary Modes, Daily Objectives and More New Updates Also Coming to GTA Online March 10th
Posted 12 minutes ago | Author: R* Q | Filed Under: Games

Next week, Heists will deliver a brand new gameplay experience to GTA Online, offering players the chance to team up to take down big scores. Alongside this massive new addition comes a range of new features and enhancements to make the entire GTA Online experience bigger and deeper. Adversary Modes bring three new kinds of competition to GTA Online while new Daily Objectives and other Freemode activities bring new life to the hectic streets of Los Santos and Blaine County. Here's a rundown of just some of the new features and additions launching next week alongside Heists that will continue to expand and augment the world of Grand Theft Auto Online.

NEW ADVERSARY MODES

These brand new player vs. player modes bring a range of intense new competitive challenges to GTA Online. Adversary Modes will unlock as players progress through Heists.

Come Out To Play
A team of three Runners just trying to make it home, and a team of Hunters are out for blood. Runners are well-armed but limited to movement by foot, while the opposition wield free-aim shotguns and ride motorbikes or ATVs. Hunters must stay on their bikes and have access to unlimited lives, while the Runners have just one life but all their weapons available to pick off the Hunters at will.

Siege Mentality
Up to four players stand their ground, outnumbered but not outgunned as they fight to survive against up to 6 determined attackers in a location defense mode, GTA style. Attackers have unlimited lives but fight only with sawn-off shotguns. Defenders have full use of all their weapons.

Hasta La Vista
The chase is on as Truckers in big rig cabs hunt down a team of Cyclists. The Cyclists' goal is simple: reach the final checkpoint without getting crushed under the wheels of the pursuing trucks. Without traditional weapons the Truckers must rely solely on their vehicles to crush the Cyclists. Meanwhile, the Cyclists must harness the maneuverability and acceleration of their bikes to evade the trucks, while keeping an eye over their shoulder. If one of the Cyclists reaches the checkpoint, the Cyclists win. If all Cyclists are terminated, the Truckers prevail.

Daily Objectives
The Los Santos daily hustle just got a little more lucrative. Whether you tend towards Jobs or free-form activities, Daily Objectives will give you a rotating series of challenges to take on for GTA$ rewards. With three new objectives per day, players can stack up challenges over consecutive days to earn bonuses of up to $500,000.

New Freemode Activities
You and your fellow players also have new opportunities for cash and RP rewards with new activities added to the world in Freemode. Be on the lookout for calls from Lester, who may need help to distract the cops in a specific area while Lester’s accomplices finish their criminal business. Lamar may call looking for help destroying a vehicle or two, while Trevor and Ron need occasional help picking their business rival’s planes out of the sky. Along with GTA$ and RP bonuses, there are all-new Awards available for completing these challenges with style.

There's also a new in-game Email notification system that will allow you to contact and message any of your GTA Online friends, no matter what session they’re in - as well as a host of new Awards that yield new items including exclusive t-shirts and car modifications.

Everything detailed here will be added to GTA Online for consoles in tandem with Heists on March 10th and on day one for PC when it launches on April 14. Stay tuned to the Newswire for more news, including our suggestions on how you can ready your crew to take down scores when Heists launch next week.

BIV

I need to get back into this. Probably get the PS4 version.

Beat the game last week and have been struggling to find things to do after all the side missions.

Based on the article above, it sounds like it's time to move to online play?

VicVinegar

For some reason I'm suddenly reminded that I miss the ability to steal a cop car or ambulance and respond to calls.

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
Beat the game last week and have been struggling to find things to do after all the side missions.

Based on the article above, it sounds like it's time to move to online play?
Pretty much. It's what I did. But online is a frustrating endeavor. Most of the other players are tremendous idiots. There have been a growing number of glitches. Once I buy everything I want I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm almost there too. I'm not one of those people who goes around in free roam blowing up other players over and over like it's Call of Duty or some shit.

Pretty much. It's what I did. But online is a frustrating endeavor. Most of the other players are tremendous idiots. There have been a growing number of glitches. Once I buy everything I want I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm almost there too. I'm not one of those people who goes around in free roam blowing up other players over and over like it's Call of Duty or some shit.
That's about what I expected. Maybe they'll release an expansion like they did with GTAIV.

somnarium

That's about what I expected. Maybe they'll release an expansion like they did with GTAIV.
They're expanding GTA Online next week with the Heists dlc. Nothing for single player of course.

If you want to do GTAO and haven't done before and want some general tips let me know.

Stig

Living In Your Heads, Rent-Free.
I wish there was a way to free roam and be left the hell alone. Red Dead Redemption was the same way. If you went out in the world, you'd see all the dots on the map converging on you immediately. I've spent maybe 20 minutes tops online in GTAV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

somnarium

I wish there was a way to free roam and be left the hell alone. Red Dead Redemption was the same way. If you went out in the world, you'd see all the dots on the map converging on you immediately. I've spent maybe 20 minutes tops online in GTAV.

Actually there is. You have the option of going into passive mode. You can roam freely without being killed by other players but you can't use weapons while in passive mode.

BIV

Actually there is. You have the option of going into passive mode. You can roam freely without being killed by other players but you can't use weapons while in passive mode.
You can also start an invite only game.

I've done invite only sessions myself. Overall I've just gone on to basically play alone on missions.

Whenever I've tried to join a race or other job, it takes forever to add any other players, or I notice I am the only person not a part of a particular crew. If the crew is halfway decent, that is not a good race or other job for me to be in.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
I gave the online portion a spin the other night. As expected, I didn't care for it.
It's fun desiging your own character, buying garages and later, apartments, getting a cool car collection going. I have much more fun with the online part than the story. My only gripe is that sometimes I'm trying to accomplish something or just go from point A to point B and some random jackass kills or starts stalking me and won't leave me alone after I respawn. Then I'm spending the next 20 minutes in a back and forth personal battle and forgot about what I was trying to do before that.
It's also infuriating that I shoot someone multiple times and they don't go down and they pick me off with one shot. Happens all the time. Brings me back to my Call Of Duty days on PC where my neighbors where probably wondering what all my shouting "THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!" was about

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Got into GTA V few months ago and I'm obsessed with it. The heists online are a blast BUT you always have that one dumbass that Leroy Jenkins the whole thing and we have to quick restart every 2 minutes. It shouldn't HAVE to have 4 players for setup missions. The big heists sure but for the smaller ones, when someone leaves cause he's a baby...game over and gotta wait for another player.

Really wanna finish the Pacific Standard Job though....we always get almost to the boat and someone gets killed.

ScottfromGA is my gamertag if anyone wants to invite me sometime.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Got into GTA V few months ago and I'm obsessed with it. The heists online are a blast BUT you always have that one dumbass that Leroy Jenkins the whole thing
I've only tried one Heist and that's exactly what happened, dude disappeared into the quarry alone and got himself killed, ending the mission.