Grapes

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Anyone ever try to grow grape vines? I planted 6 two years ago, and it looks like 3 have taken root, they are still tiny in diameter but are getting longer, I’ve read up on them but honestly I’ve never seen actual grapes around here, only in Europe and in Northern California, I i now there are winery’s around here but their wine sucks, I’m not overly interested in making wine just wanted to grow grapes

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Are they seedlees? Because there's nothing worse than grapes with seeds.

goat999

town drunk
Sep 30, 2006
Springfield, IL
I saw the thread title and who started and thought, "Okay. Now we're getting somewhere." Turns out this nigga growing grapes.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Are they seedlees? Because there's nothing worse than grapes with seeds.
Honestly? I forget, I don’t even like fruit I just like growing stuff.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I saw the thread title and who started and thought, "Okay. Now we're getting somewhere." Turns out this nigga growing grapes.
Na, nothing sexy

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
We had a few producing grape vines when I was a kid. If you like sour and bitter fruit that's tiny and full of seeds then you'll love growing your own grapes.

Yuk.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
We had a few producing grape vines when I was a kid. If you like sour and bitter fruit that's tiny and full of seeds then you'll love growing your own grapes.

Yuk.
I’m hoping these are the hybrids that I bought and not “Fox grapes” we had those when I was a kid too, they looked like grapes, but were disgusting to eat, my neighbors mom used to eat them and make wine out of them, then around 1995 my other neighbor cut them down down. She was mad, they also had a “wild” apple tree that produced tiny “real” apples that did nothing but attract bees and taste disgusting also, both my mom and the neighbor would make pies out of them (which even as a fat kid I didn’t like) my mom had apple trees, a cherry tree, all kinds of stuff that dropped trash all over the place and attracted bees...

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.

Yuk.

You must've gotten some of the Hillary Hybrid seeds............

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
You didn't get the seeds from an ad on the back of a comic book from 1967 did you?

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
I grew up in central Ma. I had friends with off the boat Portuguese parents that had grape vines in their yard growing up around a large 10x10 trellis. They had lots of grapes. They were Tinta grapes I believe...that they brought over vines from portugal 40+ years ago...and they would pick and stomp them and make their own wine...

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
This but with FEZ MAN...

Anything else will be a disappointment.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
You didn't get the seeds from an ad on the back of a comic book from 1967 did you?
Sadly no, I bought them at a couple different places

Grapes are for buying. Let it go ya' loon.
I have need for vines to cover a pergola why not use grapes? The shitty trumpet vines just suck and are insanely pervasive

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I forget about grapes for years at a time. Their existence doesn't even register when I drive past the vineyards in Napa. Most pointless food on the planet.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I forget about grapes for years at a time. Their existence doesn't even register when I drive past the vineyards in Napa. Most pointless food on the planet.
But it makes wine! While I’m not a huge fan of wine, I am a fan of alcohol. It’s funny you say that about the vineyards because when I visited Napa I was amazed by how many there were, same with Switzerland, I took the train through “wine country” and there were trellises built on terraces carved out of the hill sides, it was quite impressive.
This is purely just another “lark” for me

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I’m hoping these are the hybrids that I bought and not “Fox grapes” we had those when I was a kid too, they looked like grapes, but were disgusting to eat, my neighbors mom used to eat them and make wine out of them, then around 1995 my other neighbor cut them down down. She was mad, they also had a “wild” apple tree that produced tiny “real” apples that did nothing but attract bees and taste disgusting also, both my mom and the neighbor would make pies out of them (which even as a fat kid I didn’t like) my mom had apple trees, a cherry tree, all kinds of stuff that dropped trash all over the place and attracted bees...
Same here. Jersey grows acidy shit fruit. We had a bunch of grape Vines with rows of grapes and crabapple trees. The only thing those grew were caterpillar nests my dad would blowtorch.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Anyone ever try to grow grape vines? I planted 6 two years ago, and it looks like 3 have taken root, they are still tiny in diameter but are getting longer, I’ve read up on them but honestly I’ve never seen actual grapes around here, only in Europe and in Northern California, I i now there are winery’s around here but their wine sucks, I’m not overly interested in making wine just wanted to grow grapes
When I was a kid, our house had “grape barbers” attached to the back of the house. It was 2 walls and a ceiling of grape vines, which provided lots of shade and looked really cool.
It attracted lots of raccoons, though.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002

I want to train the vine on the left over the pergola and down the fence to the left. The growth on the right side is the remnants of the old “trumpet vine” I don’t know the actual name of it, that fucking monster took over the entire pergola and tore the fence down over time, about 4 years ago a wind storm blew it off the pergola and I chopped it up and sprayed the stump with herbicide and it still won’t completely die I have to chop it back 4-5 times a season or else it takes over everything. Both of the hydrangeas on either side of the gate are transplants that haven’t fully bounced back yet. I really dropped the ball this spring taking care of the “gardens” Miguel should be fired

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
When I was a kid we had a pear tree. The pears weren't great. They attracted mean ass yellow jackets. They'd actually bore holes in the pears on the ground and like make a hive inside. If you moved one, like 100 of those fuckers would come flying out just like a cartoon.

The grapes will probably attract shit too.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
When I was a kid we had a pear tree. The pears weren't great. They attracted mean ass yellow jackets. They'd actually bore holes in the pears on the ground and like make a hive inside. If you moved one, like 100 of those fuckers would come flying out just like a cartoon.

The grapes will probably attract shit too.
The birds will probably eat them