Graphics card for an old Pizza Box Machine

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
I have one of those on my living room television. Basically only good as a replacement for the Roku box and added internet functionality. The fucking tiny assed HD was damn near full right out of the box and a few torrented Dr. Who eps and it was full.

Bobobie

I have one of those on my living room television. Basically only good as a replacement for the Roku box and added internet functionality. The fucking tiny assed HD was damn near full right out of the box and a few torrented Dr. Who eps and it was full.
I'm still not giving up on the gaming angle. I'm going to try hooking up an ATX power supply externally and see if it will power a graphics card. The power connectors on the motherboard are regular sized 24 pin and a 4 pin.

I'm still using a single core Nividia Ion Net-Top for aKodi Box. It runs windows like shit, but it's a great Media Box. I put bigger 2.5 inch HD in and I've been using it for temporary network storage.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I'm still not giving up on the gaming angle. I'm going to try hooking up an ATX power supply externally and see if it will power a graphics card. The power connectors on the motherboard are regular sized 24 pin and a 4 pin.

I'm still using a single core Nividia Ion Net-Top for aKodi Box. It runs windows like shit, but it's a great Media Box. I put bigger 2.5 inch HD in and I've been using it for temporary network storage.
Why don't you run Linux on your net-top? It's much more forgiving of weak hardware specs than Windows ever was.

Bobobie

Why don't you run Linux on your net-top? It's much more forgiving of weak hardwaspecs than Windows ever was.
Everything available for it is legacy versions, even Linux or Openelec. It runs like dogshit running Kodi on top of any OS even Linux. That's why I run Openelc on an SD card. You can't get any lighter on the hardware than this.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator

Dude, you won’t be running any modern AAA games at highest settings with that anyway. Maybe 10 year old games.

After some research on some tech sites, a Reddit thread ... it's possible to put it in an ATX case. It's has standard (u)atx mounting holes and rear plate, the shape is non-standard, it is a bit longer than a micro or ATX board on the side with the power connector and PCI-E slot. It seems like less of a headache to leave it inside it's old case and just swap the power supply. If it works real well I'll consider putting it inside another case.