Great-grandmother, 83, foils purse snatcher at gas station by spraying his shirt with

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Great-grandmother, 83, foils purse snatcher at gas station by spraying his shirt with gas

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - An 83-year-old great-grandmother thwarted a would-be purse snatcher with a gas nozzle and an iron grip.

Bernie Garcia said a young man approached her at a gas station as she was buying fuel for her van and asked for money. When she told him she had spent all her spare change on gas, he tried to grab her purse.

"But I had it wrapped around my wrist twice," Garcia said, and he was unable to pull it away.

She fought back, spraying his shirt with some gasoline. Both of them kept hold of the purse, and he pulled her to the ground and dragged her a short distance until another man confronted him.

The second man demanded, "Turn her loose, you something something," Garcia said.

The would-be mugger jumped into a nearby vehicle and fled. But a witness got the license plate number, and minutes later, police stopped the car. It had been reported stolen from Espanola, said Santa Fe Deputy Police Chief Aric Wheeler.

Garcia and a witness identified one of the men inside as the attacker. He and two other men in the car were charged with robbery and conspiracy.

"They got caught and I'm so glad," Garcia said.

She said she felt fine after the attack, and police say she declined medical attention at the scene. But when she got home, she said, she felt faint and went to bed and woke up Thursday very sore. Her son, a former firefighter, checked her out and found no broken bones.

"My son said, `Why didn't you just give (the purse) up?"' Garcia said. "`Hell no,' I told him. That was my purse. I was fighting for what was mine."
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/great-grandmother-83-foils-purse/n20080315060009990002?ecid=RSS0001
I would love to know what he called the guy..

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
"`Hell no,' I told him. That was my purse. I was fighting for what was mine."

:icon_cool

TrybalRage

Aug 5, 2004
Kennesaw, GA
Good for her. Too often the attitude nowadays is 'give them what they want'. Fuck that.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Obviously he called the guy a something something.
Strange choice of words, but it's in quotes, so it's the actual words.
The quote isn't from the guy. The quote is from the lady quoting the guy. So the quote "might" (note the word might) be correct.

Clearly she was influenced by the old lady with the knitting needle from Death Wish.

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
but...

Good for her. Too often the attitude nowadays is 'give them what they want'. Fuck that.

This woman tried that... didn't end up well.

Woman’s Defiance Led Mugger to Kill Her, Accomplice Testifies
Sign In to E-Mail This
Print
Reprints
Save

By ANEMONA HARTOCOLLIS
Published: October 5, 2006
A teenage mugger took the witness stand yesterday and laid out for a jury the rules of the street that dictated why an actress and playwright on the verge of making it in New York was shot dead, while other mugging victims that night were allowed to live.

It wasn’t the color of her skin, or the amount of money in her purse, the mugger said, but the victim’s attitude — her insouciance, defiance and disdain that made the mugger’s accomplice shoot the actress, 28-year-old Nicole duFresne, once in the chest, killing her.

“What are you going to do, you going to shoot us? Is that what you wanted?” Ms. duFresne demanded, according to Tatiana McDonald, one of the muggers, who testified yesterday in State Supreme Court in Manhattan.

As Ms. duFresne shouted those words, she walked up to Rudy Fleming, whom Miss McDonald described as the 19-year-old leader of the pack, and looked him in the eye, Miss McDonald said. Mr. Fleming reacted by pushing Ms. duFresne in the chest with his left hand.

Ms. duFresne stumbled backward, then bounced back and shouted her question again: “What are you going to do, shoot us?”

Mr. Fleming pushed Ms. duFresne a second time, and when she came at him again, he lifted his right arm and fired one bullet, Miss McDonald said.

“He was so mad, he just lift up the gun and shot at her,” Miss McDonald said. “After I saw her grab her chest, I just ran.”

The prosecutor, Eugene Hurley, asked the witness how close Mr. Fleming was to Ms. duFresne when he shot at her.

About two feet away, Miss McDonald replied. “It was pretty close, because he couldn’t even hold up his hand,” she said, noting that Mr. Fleming did not have room to stretch out his arm. “She was blocking the gun.”

Testifying on the fourth day of Mr. Fleming’s murder trial, Miss McDonald admitted that she was part of a group of seven youths that went out after midnight on Jan. 27, 2005, spoiling for a fight and looking for victims.

She was the youngest of the group, at 14.

Now 16 and still in the sixth grade, she said she agreed to cooperate with prosecutors in return for a promise that if her testimony is truthful, they would recommend that a judge clear her criminal record and consider sentencing her to the 10 months she has already served in jail.

»

Rattlehead

Hey Asshole Face!
Jan 19, 2008
I wonder if she got fucked by the same apple picker that crammed it in All the Way Mae's keister

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
Her hat must have been equipped with a chinstrap to keep it from being punched-off.

South Jersey

I told you so ... too
Sep 14, 2004
South Jersey
All I could picture is the old lady from Blazin Saddles: "Out of my way you something something".

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Of course you will have the good taste not to mention this to anyone.