Great Sonnen Interview With Surpring Info

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Stone Cold Steve Austin has been doing a pod cast (really good) & Chael was on

http://podcastone.com/f/Steve-Austin-Show

In it he says he is currently not under contract to Zuffa/UFC, but has no plans on leaving. That is strange considering he has a major fight in weeks.

Also he says some stuff about Anderson & that Anderson tried to get the last fight thrown out at the weigh-in

He is a great interview subject

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
:haha7:

Sure Sonnen, whatever makes you sleep at night.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
I doubt anyone took him seriously, but just in case:

NSAC debunks Chael Sonnen's claims he never signed to fight Anderson Silva at UFC 148

While Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight contender Chael Sonnen recently stated he did not have a signed bout agreement for his fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 148 in July 2012, that claim has now been confirmed as false.
Sonnen was recently a guest on "The Steve Austin Show" where he stated his UFC contract expired four months ago. Moreover, the Oregon native told the host, former WWE superstar Stone Cold Steve Austin, that he never signed to face Silva for the UFC middleweight championship at UFC 148 and hasn't signed a bout agreement for his upcoming fight with Jon Jones at UFC 159.
Many took Sonnen's comments with a grain of salt, and our friends over at Bloody Elbow have dug into the story and ensured that at least one-third of the 35-year-old's comments were inaccurate.

From a report by Brent Brookhouse, managing editor of Bloody Elbow, who spoke to Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) executive director Keith Kizer.

I contacted Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission who verified that a bout agreement was filed with the commission for the fight.
Sonnen could have simply been exaggerating (lying) to make it seem like he never signed anything when the NSAC bout agreement is absolutely by every measure a contract. Maybe he doesn't have an active multi-bout contract with the UFC and he was simply trying to extend that because...well, that's what Sonnen does.
New Jersey will be collecting signed bout agreements next Wednesday for UFC 159, so an agreement will be on file at that point for Chael's fight with Jon Jones.
Part two of Sonnen's claims should be dispelled in the coming days as UFC 159 approaches, while the official status of his contract with the world's premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization remains unknown at this time. If he has a scheduled fight with Jones, though, that must mean there it at least one bout left on his current deal.
That closes the book on this latest tale from Sonnen. It wouldn't be the first time he embellished a story to grab the interest of the media, and it certainly won't be the last, either.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
:haha7:

Sure Sonnen, whatever makes you sleep at night.
Seriously, dude, do you not get that Sonnen lies in every interview he gives, and he expects you to realize he lies at every interview he gives? It's his game.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Seriously, dude, do you not get that Sonnen lies in every interview he gives, and he expects you to realize he lies at every interview he gives? It's his game.
He knows he's lying? Who knew :action-sm

O f course I know, anyone with half a brain would realize not to take anything he says at face value.

It doesn't mean it's not annoying...

Dec 12, 2007
He did seem really happy when Bob Kelly pointed out how he goes into character when he was on the show. Then he pointed out how happy he was to talk to people who actually get what he's doing near the interviews end.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
He knows he's lying? Who knew :action-sm

O f course I know, anyone with half a brain would realize not to take anything he says at face value.

It doesn't mean it's not annoying...
Do you want the Tiger Woods alternative? The one that Jon Jones and a shitload of other fighters follow, where they're dull and boring in an interview?

If you like robo-interviews, good for you.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
He did seem really happy when Bob Kelly pointed out how he goes into character when he was on the show. Then he pointed out how happy he was to talk to people who actually get what he's doing near the interviews end.
Yeah, I have no problem when he doesn't put on an act, I thought he was good on Wednesday's show, but he just can't help himself and go back to the same old crap he's done for the past few years. How many times is he going to use the " I beat AS for 4 and half round, he gets a sub, and somehow he's the winner" line?

Do you want the Tiger Woods alternative? The one that Jon Jones and a shitload of other fighters follow, where they're dull and boring in an interview?

If you like robo-interviews, good for you.
And if you like fake trash talking, with incredibly hacky lines (when you're the best fighter, they call you Chael Sonnen) good for you.