Greatest play in Baseball history

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
I know its hack but jeters play at home against the A's in the playoffs was probably the most fucked up/amazing thing. Just because it was so weird and unheard of.

Ozzie smith diving for the ball and missing it with his glove but catching it bare handed and making the throw is probably the craziest all around play I have even seen.

I like the jeter one just cause it was the playoffs and it was so unheard of

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I know its hack but jeters play at home against the A's in the playoffs was probably the most fucked up/amazing thing. Just because it was so weird and unheard of.

Ozzie smith diving for the ball and missing it with his glove but catching it bare handed and making the throw is probably the craziest all around play I have even seen.

I like the jeter one just cause it was the playoffs and it was so unheard of
yeah, that play was pretty nuts. playoff plays always mean more. how about the kid from Wichita State in 2005 that jumped over the fence in right field to catch the ball. Id say that was the best ever. He got nominated for an Espy.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
I agree, that was a damn good play. Plus, being an Angels fan I loved seeing it happen against the A's.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
yeah, that play was pretty nuts. playoff plays always mean more. how about the kid from Wichita State in 2005 that jumped over the fence in right field to catch the ball. Id say that was the best ever. He got nominated for an Espy.
That was sick.

Not even close to greatest, but my favorite was Ordonez's walk off shot in game 4 of the ALCS last year against the A's just because it was such a big deal around here. Especially for those of us who weren't around in '84.

Wilmington WOW

The Emmitt Till of Wackbag
Oct 4, 2004
Wilmington, DE
how about willie mays basket catch in the world series

or the bob boone, pete rose catch in the world series - homor pick

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Even though my dumb team lost the NLCS last year, this has to be thrown into the mix too.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.

this play was amazing but if that dumb shit giambi had slid, he would have been safe

i like jeters catch where he split open his face going into the stands, rowands catch last year against the mets and any torri hunter or jim edmond hilights

Jun 24, 2005
Left of Toronto,Canada
Buck Martinez Catching for the Blue Jays, Tags the runner out at home during the collision breaks his leg still throws the guy out at third. Maybe not the most amazing but it was something to see

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
Canseco playing every position in one game and blowing out his arm, needing season ending surgery while pitching. His manager should have and probably was fired

DeLLBerto

Jun 8, 2006
Gibby's 88 WS homer against Eckersley in Game 1.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Even though I know I'm probably 90% wrong, I've always thought that the Jeter/Giambi play would have been made even if Jeter wouldn't have flipped it.

I want to think the ball would have got there around the same time without Jeter's grab and flip. But I don't know.

Homerish pick.
Jim Edmond's over the shoulder diving backwards catch. Willie Mays style only throw in a dive.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3k79khz9Iy8

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
Not the best play , but it was an allstar game. Dave Parker, Pirates, threw somebody out at home . Gary Carter was the catcher.