Grieving Mother, Billed For Cleanup After Son Killed By Undocumented Drunk Driver

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

Loretta Robinson stands outside a courtroom, detailing how she had to pay for cleanup after her son was killed by a drunk driver.

Guilty: Anna Gonzalez, who is in the U.S. illegally, was sentenced to 17 years in prison for causing the fatal crash

A South Carolina woman faced tragedy last June when a drunk driver killed her oldest son.

But the still-grieving mother, Loretta Robinson, is now being billed for the various charges associated with the accident, including a $50 charge to clean her son's blood off the road.

Justin Walker, Robinson's deceased son, was not found at fault for the accident. The accused driver, Anna Gonzalez, tearfully pleaded guilty in court last Tuesday, the Daily Mail reported.

According to MSNBC, the undocumented woman had been living in the United States for 12 years, but never got a South Carolina driver's license. Gonzalez was sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Robinson was on hand in court to express her outrage at the bills she's received since losing her son.

"I had to pay to have the vehicle towed. I had to pay for the vehicle removed and to clean up the street from Justin's blood," Robinson said. According to WYFF, Robinson also paid to have the wrecked car stored for months in case there was a trail.

The South Carolina State Office of Victims Assistance offers a combined total of up to $15,000 for medical, funeral, counseling and wage compensation for the families of victims of crime.

According to NBC Greenville, Robinson received some money from the victim's assistance office, but it did not cover the costs of cleanup or storage.

There has been some recent controversy about the crime rate among undocumented immigrants in the United States.

In March, the Scott Gardiner Act, a bill that would authorize the deportation of any undocumented immigrant convicted of drunk driving, was reintroduced to Congress by Representatives Sue Myrick and Mike McIntyre, News 14 Carolina reported.

"We have to be able, as a country, to figure out a way with people here who are illegal and commit crimes," Robinson told WYFF.

Link

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
According to WYFF, Robinson also paid to have the wrecked car stored for months in case there was a trail.
The state doesn't pay to store evidence? What?
Oh no, I'm sure they pay for that. This was stored in case there was a trail... I guess someone may have needed a car to haul backpacks or bikes to a trail head.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Your insurance company covers all sorts of shit. Read your policy.

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
Methinks ole drunky didn't have insurance...
According to MSNBC, the undocumented woman had been living in the United States for 12 years, but never got a South Carolina driver's license. Gonzalez was sentenced to 17 years in prison.
I'm guessin no license...no insurance. What a country!!!!

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
That most in journalism can't or won't use the term "illegal alien" or "illegal immigrant" or even "illegal" and instead use the softer "undocumented woman" cracks me up and makes me angry at the same time

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
That most in journalism can't or won't use the term "illegal alien" or "illegal immigrant" or even "illegal" and instead use the softer "undocumented woman" cracks me up and makes me angry at the same time
Personally like 'beaner' the best cause that's the funniest.

DJ Evel Ed

MayYourCumCrustedCocksBeConstantlyCoveredInCunt
Nov 30, 2003
Up your ass!
Really? What's an example of a freedom illegals have that citizens don't?
Free hospital services, free education, and when they get deported for murder, they just jump back over the fence again & start over with a new name.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
you wouldn't expect a wetback to have insurance if they don't have to follow any immigration laws do you?

she should be put in a mens prison and be r@ped daily for years then tossed from a plane back into wetbaxico when her sentence is over

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
He broke south carolina state law by not wearing his seatbelt. This is an outrage! He should pick himself off the street, get points on his insurance and get the state fine of $25 (that's only considering if it's his first offense). The balls of his mom to condone his illegal activities by bitching that she has cover a bill because her son is too lazy to clean-up after himself. Un-fucking believable!!

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
"We have to be able, as a country, to figure out a way with people here who are illegal and commit crimes," Robinson told WYFF.
People who are here illegally have already committed a crime.