Griselda Blanco from Cocaine cowbys assainated in Colombia.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.
http://www.rakontur.com/journal/201...ing-that-griselda-blanco-has-been-murder.html
Here is the translated univison article.
Killed in Medellin the "queen of cocaine," Colombian-seventies

EFE | Date: 09/03/2012

print
A + A-

send

Bogota, Sep 3 (EFE). - The so-called "queen of cocaine" in Colombia in the mid-seventies, Griselda Blanco, who served a sentence of two decades in prison in the United States, was killed today in Medellin, reported authorities.

White, 69, was shot in the head by a gunman facts that fled on a motorcycle as he was leaving the neighborhood butcher Bethlehem in the west of Medellin.

Police sources indicated that city that the "queen of cocaine" was accompanied by one of his daughters, pregnant, and that was unharmed after the attack the gunman.

Some authorities recalled that White preceded in sending drugs to the big bosses of the Medellin and Cali cartels in those decades as Pablo Escobar, Carlos Ledher and brothers Miguel and Gilberto Rodriguez.

A White was known for his idea of "exporting cocaine" to the U.S. and as a person who "lectured the minions of the seventies" after killing several rivals, and even one of their husbands, "gun hand "as chronicled his life.

"The queen of cocaine," also called "Potato" or "Godmother" was the pioneer of that traffic routes between Colombia and the United States

In 1985 after his arrest was sentenced in the U.S. for "conspiracy to import cocaine" in that country, across the state of Florida and was deported to Colombia in 2004.

Since returning to Colombia remained in hiding after being considered one of the richest women in the world. EFE

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
That translation sucks.

Psychopath

Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
BTW. The places in the article where it says he and Blanco are miss translated, he should be she, and White should be Blanco. Below is the original article. if anyone can translate better let me know. I used google translate on this bitch.
Bogotá, 3 sep (EFE).- La llamada "reina de la cocaína" de Colombia en la década de los años setenta, Griselda Blanco, quien purgó una sentencia de dos décadas de cárcel en Estados Unidos, fue asesinada hoy en Medellín, informaron las autoridades.

Blanco, de 69 años, recibió los disparos en la cabeza hechos por un sicario que huyó en motocicleta, cuando salía de una carnicería del barrio Belén en el sector oeste de Medellín.

Fuentes de la policía de esa ciudad indicaron que la "reina de la cocaína" estaba acompañada de una de sus nueras, embarazada, y que resultó ilesa tras el ataque del pistolero.

Algunas autoridades recordaron que Blanco antecedió en el envío de drogas a los grandes jefes de los carteles de Medellín y Cali en aquellas décadas como Pablo Escobar, Carlos Ledher y los hermanos Miguel y Gilberto Rodríguez.

A Blanco se le conoció por su idea de "exportar cocaína" a Estados Unidos y también como la persona que "dictó cátedra entre los sicarios de los años setenta" tras matar a varios rivales, e incluso a uno de sus maridos, "pistola en mano", según crónicas sobre su vida.

"La reina de la cocaína", llamada también "la Patata" o "la Madrina", fue la pionera de las rutas de ese tráfico entre Colombia y Estados Unidos

En 1985 tras su detención fue condenada en Estados Unidos por "conspiración para introducir cocaína" en ese país, a través del estado de Florida y fue deportada a Colombia en 2004.

Desde su regreso a Colombia se mantuvo en la clandestinidad después de ***** sido considerada como una de las mujeres más ricas del mundo. EFE

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
They called her "Potato"?? WTF???

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I'm surprised she lasted this long. Is Michael Corleone still alive? If so, he's the last surviving member of that family.

Psychopath

Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
I'm surprised she lasted this long. Is Michael Corleone still alive? If so, he's the last surviving member of that family.
Yes, he lives in America. He does interviews every now and then. I am surprised as well, all her contemporaries are either dead or in prison. She was the most violent and survived this long, I'm amazed.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
It says in Spanish she was shot in the head as she left a butcher shop. Definitely a planned hit, but why now? She must have still been involved in the coke.

Psychopath

Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
It says in Spanish she was shot in the head as she left a butcher shop. Definitely a planned hit, but why now? She must have still been involved in the coke.
I wouldn't doubt she was still involved in smuggling. Could also be revenge for her murdering Marta Ochoa in the 80's. Colombians are serious when it comes to revenge.

The BBC has confirmed her death
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-19472693
[h=1]Colombia's 'queen of cocaine' Griselda Blanco killed[/h]
Blanco established smuggling routes from Colombia to the US
Continue reading the main story [h=2]Related Stories[/h]

A Colombian drug trafficker, known as the "queen of cocaine", has been killed in the city of Medellin.
Griselda Blanco, 69, was shot dead by gunmen as she was leaving a butcher's.
Blanco was one of the first Colombians to smuggle cocaine from Colombia to the United States on a large scale in the 1970s and 80s.
She established many of the smuggling routes taken over by the Medellin cartel after she was sentenced to 20 years in prison for drug trafficking.
With a reputation for ruthlessness, Blanco is suspected of having ordered the killing of dozens of her rivals to get to the top of her business.
Sentenced by a US court for drug trafficking in 1985, she spent almost 20 years in an American jail before being deported to Colombia in 2004.
Her family said that upon her return to Colombia, Blanco had cut her ties to organised crime.
Police in Medellin say they are investigating the motive behind the killing.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
That translation sucks.
BTW. The places in the article where it says he and Blanco are miss translated, he should be she, and White should be Blanco. Below is the original article. if anyone can translate better let me know. I used google translate on this bitch.
I think Engineer Mars did the translation on that. Linger Worst Of this week...:action-sm

Bogotá, 3 sep (EFE).- La llamada "reina de la cocaína" de Colombia en la década de los años setenta, Griselda Blanco, quien purgó una sentencia de dos décadas de cárcel en Estados Unidos, fue asesinada hoy en Medellín, informaron las autoridades.

Blanco, de 69 años, recibió los disparos en la cabeza hechos por un sicario que huyó en motocicleta, cuando salía de una carnicería del barrio Belén en el sector oeste de Medellín.

Fuentes de la policía de esa ciudad indicaron que la "reina de la cocaína" estaba acompañada de una de sus nueras, embarazada, y que resultó ilesa tras el ataque del pistolero.

Algunas autoridades recordaron que Blanco antecedió en el envío de drogas a los grandes jefes de los carteles de Medellín y Cali en aquellas décadas como Pablo Escobar, Carlos Ledher y los hermanos Miguel y Gilberto Rodríguez.

A Blanco se le conoció por su idea de "exportar cocaína" a Estados Unidos y también como la persona que "dictó cátedra entre los sicarios de los años setenta" tras matar a varios rivales, e incluso a uno de sus maridos, "pistola en mano", según crónicas sobre su vida.

"La reina de la cocaína", llamada también "la Patata" o "la Madrina", fue la pionera de las rutas de ese tráfico entre Colombia y Estados Unidos

En 1985 tras su detención fue condenada en Estados Unidos por "conspiración para introducir cocaína" en ese país, a través del estado de Florida y fue deportada a Colombia en 2004.

Desde su regreso a Colombia se mantuvo en la clandestinidad después de ***** sido considerada como una de las mujeres más ricas del mundo. EFE
Did my best on it with a little help from the wife...

Police sources said that the "queen of cocaine" was with one of her daughters-in-law, who was pregnant, but was unharmed in the attack.

Some authorities pointed out that Blanco started out her drug distribution network even before the big cartel names of the 70's like Medellin, Escobar, Ledher, and Rodriguez.

Blanco was known for her method of exporting cocaine to the United States and also as a person who (either relegated disputes or standardized the methods) between the assassins of the 70's after killing various rivals including one of her husbands, by her own hand with her own gun, according to biographies about her life.

"The queen of cocaine," also known as ***"The Ass Kicker"*** or the "Godmother," was the pioneer of the traffic toutes between the U.S. and Columbia. Since returning to Colombia she stayed in hiding after being considered one of the riches women in the world.

OAPC editorial:
Depending on the Spanish dialect, "patata" can be a "potato" as quoted by some news sources, but a "patata" is also a swift kick usually done in a fight (usually to the ass or groin), so I'm thinking it probably is some Spanish equivalent of "ass kicking."

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
They called her "Potato"?? WTF???
Should have called her "Hack"... from Wiki...

Blanco bore her youngest son, Michael Corleone Blanco, with Dario Sepulveda. Dario left Blanco in 1983 and returned to Colombia, kidnapping Michael when he and Griselda disagreed about who would take custody. Blanco paid to have Dario assassinated in Colombia, and had her son returned to her in Miami.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP] According to a report in Miami New Times, "Michael's father and older siblings were all killed before he reached adulthood. His mom was in prison for most of his childhood and teenage years, and he was raised by his maternal grandmother and legal guardians.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
I was under the impression she was probably murdered a long time ago.

Psychopath

Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
Mickey Munday is the only one alive.
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/09/mickey_munday_is_last_cocaine.php
Banana Republican
[h=1]After Griselda Blanco's Death, Mickey Munday Is Last Cocaine Cowboy Standing[/h] By Francisco Alvarado Tue., Sep. 4 2012 at 4:14 PM
Write Comment

Categories: Banana Republican, News

[TABLE="class: image right"]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: credit"]C. Stiles[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: caption"]Mickey Munday[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Read: "Michael Corleone Blanco lives in the shadow of his cocaine-queen mother"
"Jon Roberts, Smuggler in Cocaine Cowboys, Dies"
"Griselda Blanco, Miami's Cocaine Queen, Assassinated In Medellin Butcher Shop"
"Cocaine king Max Mermelstein came out of hiding for a screenwriter."

The golden years hasn't turned out so good for most of the retired drug traffickers featured in Rakontur's trail-blazing documentary Cocaine Cowboys. Max Mermelstein, the Medellin Cartel drug smuggler who later testified against the organization, succumbed to cancer at age 65 in 2008. Last year, cancer also claimed the life of Mermelstein's ex-pal Jon Roberts, who was 63 when he died. On Sunday, 69-year-old ex-cocaine queenpin Griselda Blanco joined Mermelstein and Roberts in the afterlife. She was gunned down by a motorcycle assassin in Medellin, Colombia.

That leaves Miami native son Mickey Munday as the last ex-doper featured in the documentary who is still alive and not behind bars. (Jorge "Rivi" Ayala, Blanco's ex-hitman, is serving consecutive life sentences in state prison).

"They're either all dead or in jail forever," Munday says. "I am the last one standing, really."

Munday never fit the profile of your average cold-blooded drug smuggler. A North Miami High alum, he studied architecture and drafting in college. He didn't get into the game until he was 33-years-old, which he did out of boredom. He organized the sale of 2,000 pounds of pot for a friend.

After meeting Mermelstein, Munday joined a crew that spent the 1980s importing $2 billion worth of yeyo into Miami. In Cocaine Cowboys, Roberts described Munday as "MacGyver" because of the ingenious ways he would come up with to surreptitiously evade law enforcementBut the party ended when Mermelstein flipped on his cohorts in 1987. Munday spent five years on the lam before he was caught. He served seven years in prison. He and Roberts sold their story rights to Paramount Pictures.

But unlike Mermelstein, Roberts and Blanco, the 66-year-old pilot was never involved in any murders, which means Munday doesn't have any bad karma hovering over him.

"The violence never made sense to me," he says. "They would spend more time trying to figure out how to steal $10,000 from each other instead of how to make a million bucks together. And everybody wanted to be el jefe. There was a lot of time spent shooting one another instead of making money."

Although Munday had a close call with mortality this past July 4. An avid cyclist, Munday was riding in North Miami when a car made a right turn on red, crashing into him.

"I was in the intensive care unit of Jackson Memorial Hospital for five days," he says. "I had a fractured rib, collapsed lung and stitches and staples all over me."

When he heard the news of Blanco's assassination this weekend, Munday says he was surprised one of her enemies hadn't gotten to her sooner. "People never forget," he adds.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I would say that she died doing what she loved. But she was on the other side of the equation this time.