Enjoying life one T-Cell at a time.
Oct 4, 2006
Worksop, England, United Kingdom
Here it is:

[media]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28354.html[/media]

There is a new trailer coming soon too.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I don't know if I'm excited for this or not. I loved 3 and 4, but San Andreas didn't do much for me. I'm all for wide open games, but there has to be a bit of a limit

MrQuotes

Feelin' Fine
Jan 21, 2005
i hope it recaptures the obbsesion i had for 3, because vice and san andreas did nothing for me

Creeping Douche

"And this guy's sayin', whaddya want from me?"
May 10, 2006
Nassau Cunty
Eh they pissed me off with the delay and not being able to customize your character.

Saint's Row 2 is where it's at for me.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
I don't know if I'm excited for this or not. I loved 3 and 4, but San Andreas didn't do much for me. I'm all for wide open games, but there has to be a bit of a limit
I hear this one will have more limits.

Smaller city, more realistic.

Hopefully not too realistic, as GTA is popular because of its unrealistic sandbox gameplay. Still, can't wait for this to come out.

ChrisH

Waddle Doodle
Jun 11, 2004
Brooklyn, NY

Hopefully not too realistic, as GTA is popular because of its unrealistic sandbox gameplay. Still, can't wait for this to come out.
Hopefully it will be winnable; San Andreas got to the point where i just had to give up.

Also, online gameplay would be sweet. Any news if that will be available?

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Eh they pissed me off with the delay and not being able to customize your character.

Saint's Row 2 is where it's at for me.
They needed more time to polish the game; thank god they took the delay time instead of a game full of bugs.

And you know the drill with customization. You take away element of a game, so it seems like something exciting in the next game.

Smaller is relative. I'm glad it's not going to be "overkill" giant as SA.

Already have this game reserved. And I never reserve. But this game is going to be gigantic.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Looks like a nice cover, typical GTA cover IMO. I really hope they do well with this game, I love the GTA series, and they better make this one really good with all the delays it's been having.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
I Love it....

Vice City did nothing for you? wtf

Thats one of the best games ever....Gta 3 on crack...Now San Andreas I agree was to complex.

Vice city had the perfect story line....Huge sandbox after it was done and the map was just right....san andreas was too big I actualyl had to look at the map for directions on how to get places....driving from city to city would actually take about 10 mins it was fucking annoying...So annoying that i never finished the stupid game....III and VC are gold...SA was good but they tried too hard to be real.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Hopefully it will be winnable; San Andreas got to the point where i just had to give up.

Also, online gameplay would be sweet. Any news if that will be available?
What? San Andreas was very easy to beat. I had played that game for like 200 hours.

I don't see why people keep saying that these games are too hard. Kind of like Opie bitching about the PSP Vice City version where he couldn't pass an easy level like picking up that car with the magnet on the helicopter while it was running away from hitmen.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
in fact they have been making these games easier as a whole. the end is usually a decent challenge, big smoke and sunny forelli missions were much harder than the rest of the game. man does anyone remember gta2, where if you had enough gang hate, just about everyone was armed with an rpg, and you couldnt stop for a second in a car or u would get blown up and lose all your weapons. that was a lot harder than gta now

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I find it funny that what people hated about San Andreas is what I loved about it. I loved the fact that it took so long to get between cities and that there was just so much shit to do. It made the game just feel epic in scale. And what was better than a Sanchez in the countryside?

Then again, I'm a huge RPG fan, so that may be a factor in my opinion.

Love GTA, can't wait for the new one.

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
Jul 26, 2005
Seattle
I find it funny that what people hated about San Andreas is what I loved about it. I loved the fact that it took so long to get between cities and that there was just so much shit to do. It made the game just feel epic in scale. And what was better than a Sanchez in the countryside?

Then again, I'm a huge RPG fan, so that may be a factor in my opinion.

Love GTA, can't wait for the new one.
:clap::clap::clap:

Well said.

Maybe San Andreas is too long, too large, but then again how is that a complaint?

I may never beat San Andreas but I enjoy every minute of being in that world. It's a testament to good game design.

GTAIV looks tighter, more realistic and more hardcore than any of them. Plus it's New York Fucking City.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
What? San Andreas was very easy to beat. I had played that game for like 200 hours.
I finished GTA3 and GTA:SA, but I could never finish Vice City because of the 2nd to last mission "Cop Land". I just can't get it done.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
in fact they have been making these games easier as a whole. the end is usually a decent challenge, big smoke and sunny forelli missions were much harder than the rest of the game. man does anyone remember gta2, where if you had enough gang hate, just about everyone was armed with an rpg, and you couldnt stop for a second in a car or u would get blown up and lose all your weapons. that was a lot harder than gta now
If you think the games get easier, may I refer you to "Zero's Missions" in GTA:SA. Using the toy helicopter on a timed mission was easy for you?

You have misspoke or a you're gaming God.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
SA is my favorite of the three.

I can't remember any missions that were very challenging in any of the three games. I guess the various driving schools were tough to get gold on, but most storyline missions are way too easy. I usually find myself limiting my weapons and not getting armor to make the game more challenging.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
I want the cars to have gas, so it's something you have to take into consideration while driving around. It'd also be pretty cool to see a more detailed injury system that affects your ability to do things.

Creeping Douche

"And this guy's sayin', whaddya want from me?"
May 10, 2006
Nassau Cunty
Just watched new trailer.

No release date, no gameplay footage.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I could care less about this game at this point.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i must be getting old, SA is almost impossible for me, i cant find shit, i have to check the map all the time and its hard for my old eyes to see, then i usually only play when im drunk so what do i expect, im still in the first city, i loved GTAIII and VC, so unless its knock your socks off grafix then im going to wait, i was thinking about getting a PS3 but im still on the fence

Ant's_rapier

Finger of God
Jan 19, 2006
Dallas,TX
i must be getting old, SA is almost impossible for me, i cant find shit, i have to check the map all the time and its hard for my old eyes to see, then i usually only play when im drunk so what do i expect, im still in the first city, i loved GTAIII and VC, so unless its knock your socks off grafix then im going to wait, i was thinking about getting a PS3 but im still on the fence
I got lost easily in SA too. Vice City and Liberty were way easier to remember the streets.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i have to stop on the freeway and read the fucking signs, then get ass ended past my exit ........ just like real life

Phaded

Ok, Terrific
Oct 10, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
The new trailer is out.

As for the city being "smaller", the city itself will be bigger than SA in a sense. SA had so much open dead space. The new liberty city will be huge... Many buildings will be enter able and they will be scale able.

This game looks sick..