Guess the Drug from the possible side effects

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Since they were talking about it on the show...thought this might go here....Sorry Mods in advance if you think it doesn't and move it..
Premise is simple...I will list the possible side effects and you guess the drug. I'll give hints... Once it is guessed, I will go onto another drug..Nothing too exotic I promise.

First one: Common drug for people with heart issues:
Headache, apprehension, blurred vision, weakness, vertigo, dizziness, faintness, low blood pressure, palpitations, fast heart rate, loss of consciousness, nausea, vomiting, accidental passing of urine and feces, abdominal pain, dry mouth, flushing, rash, exfoliative dermatitis, contact dermatitis, anaphylaxis, muscle twitching, sweating, cold sweats......

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Very good!!!!!

Number 2:
Dizziness, Lethargy, Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, epigastric or abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Hepatotoxicity, hepatic coma, acute renal failure, sweating, chills, hypoglycemia...

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Very good!!!!!

Number 2:
Dizziness, Lethargy, Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, epigastric or abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Hepatotoxicity, hepatic coma, acute renal failure, sweating, chills, hypoglycemia...

Tylenol OD.

Dec 12, 2007
Headache, apprehension, blurred vision, weakness, vertigo, dizziness, faintness, low blood pressure, palpitations, fast heart rate, loss of consciousness, nausea, vomiting, accidental passing of urine and feces, abdominal pain, dry mouth, flushing, rash, exfoliative dermatitis, contact dermatitis, anaphylaxis, muscle twitching, sweating, cold sweats......
They made aziz ansari's standup into a drug?

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Very good!!!!!

Number 2:
Sounds like a protease inhibitor AIDS medication.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005

A serotonin reuptake inhibitor?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Close... just Tylenol...

Drowsiness, dizziness, headache, fatigue, disturbed coordination, tingling,heaviness and weakness of hands,tremors, euphoria, nervousness, restlessness, insomnia, confusion, excitement, fever, palpitations, rapid heart rate, low blood pressure, high blood pressure, cardiovascular collapse, tinnitus, vertigo, dry nose, throat, nasal stuffiness, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, dry eyes, dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, epigastric distress, anorexia, constipation or diarrhea, increased or decreased urine output.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Oh noes, how scary. Lawyers and politicians are saying that medicine is bad for you. I better stop taking any right away.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
This ain't any fun until you get to the one that causes your ball sack to burst in to flames.

Piffft

Forum Loser
Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Why did this stop?

gastrointestinal ulcers, stomach bleeding, and tinnitus

aspirin

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
I take it have you never read the pamphlet you get with a prescription drug.
I try to not do pointless things, yes. I'm pretty sure the guy who prescribed the drug in the first place (you know, the guy who spent 6+ years studying medicine) knows a little more about it than what I would learn from the pamphlet.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Why did this stop?

gastrointestinal ulcers, stomach bleeding, and tinnitus

aspirin
See, this is what I mean. Aspirin is a blood thinner that also causes excess stomach acid. Those are the side effects.

The ones listed above aren't "possible side effects" of aspirin, when taken properly. They're the direct effect of abusing aspirin and self medicating, with a pre-existing condition that's exacerbated by the excess stomach acid for instance.

From that list, users couldn't possible know that. A reasonable interpretation of that list would instead be that aspirin can cause those things to anyone, and all it takes is to be unlucky. And that reasonable interpretation would be wrong. And that's the case most of the time, not just with Aspirin. Why? Because that piece of paper you get with a drug is not meant to instruct users, it's just there to cover ass legally.

If you want to actually be informed about drugs, forget the side effects' pamphlet, and try medical manuals.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I try to not do pointless things, yes. I'm pretty sure the guy who prescribed the drug in the first place (you know, the guy who spent 6+ years studying medicine) knows a little more about it than what I would learn from the pamphlet.
Who wrote the pamphlet though?