Guess the race - $200 million lawsuit against ToysR'Us

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two ***** shoppers have sued Toys "R" Us saying they were subjected to racial discrimination and unjustified scrutiny at a store in New York.

Patricia Drayton and Valerie Kirk said in the lawsuit that the store in The Bronx, a borough of New York City, discriminated against them by asking them to show their sales receipts. The suit was filed in Manhattan Federal Court on Tuesday.

Drayton said in the lawsuit that she was stopped by a security guard at the door of the store and asked to show her receipt. After refusing to do so, she was made to wait while the employee checked with a cashier to see if she had purchased the merchandise, the lawsuit said.

According to court documents, Kirk was told by a man working at the story that Toys "R" Us's policy required that she show her receipt to him prior to leaving the story. Kirk said in the suit that she refused to comply and was banned from shopping there.

The lawsuit said ***** shoppers are subjected to compulsory inspection of their sales receipts while white shoppers are not.

The women are asking the court to give the suit class action status to represent all ***** shoppers who have been subjected to the same procedures by Toys "R" Us.

Metro One, which provides loss prevention services to retail stores, and several people employed by the two companies are also being sued by the women.

They are seeking compensatory and punitive damages of at least $200 million each on behalf of the class.

Representatives for Toys "R" Us and Metro One were not available for comment.

Toys "R" Us, the country's second-largest toy retailer, is owned by a consortium that includes Bain Capital Partners LLC, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and Vornado Realty Trust.

The company still reports its financial performance because some of its bonds are publicly traded.
Gee, I wonder if this is about the money...

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
ummm I am white and my receipt is checked every time i leave my BJ's Wholesale club...can I sue?

PLEEEEEASe tell me that Toys R us files a countersuit for damages (their image) and these 2 actually have to get a job working security at toys r us

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
I have to show a receipt every time I leave Costco, and sometimes when I leave Target.. I dont see anything wrong with that at all. 200 million A PIECE they are suing for.. what the fuck. I hope they get the same judge that threw out that piece of shit lawsuit with the guy suing the dry cleaners for 54 million

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
The shitty part is all this is costing the tax payers and the innocent Toys R Us company. So even when it gets thrown out, lots of damage gets done.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Enough with this jibba jabba, show the fucking receipt and quit crying.

BelatedAbortion

Jun 12, 2007
Spaceshuttle Endeaverrrrrrrrr
I ain't showin yo cracka ass no receipt, yous the devil I say!!! What about whitey ova theya?? You gon' check her 'ceipt too??

Uhhhhggghhhggg. Fucking schwoogies. How is this in any way worth $200 mil and what idiot wanna-be rainmaker is entertaining the thought of fighting this case?

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
May 21, 2005
Philadelphia
Fucking relax. If Toys R Us asking for your receipt is enough to ruin your day, then you have it good. Stop pretending you don't, stupid apes.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Actually, the new Home Depot near my house just has the tools on the shelves and not in their own little contained area. And they don't check anyone on the way out. It seems to be more about the neighborhood than the race of any particular individual.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Only place i get the ol check your reciept is at Best Buy... and its a good neighborhood, I think its just store policy... there that lil booth as you go in and out of there.

Jolie

Filthy Liberal
Aug 25, 2002
Virginia
I've never been stopped and asked to show a receipt at toys r us, so if it IS policy, its only for that store.

Costco, Best Buy, BJ's Wholesale, etc... They have store policies that pertain to everyone at all their stores - definitely not a discriminating policy in their cases. If these two are correct, and it IS only black customers who are asked to show their receipt, it IS discrimination and toys r us should be held accountable for that.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
If they quit stealing shit and actually pay for something maybe they won't be asked for proof that they actually paid for something.

Nortonsmeatytit

"That ball is outta here"
Sep 11, 2005
Philly
what about the nationality of the attorney who brought this case to federal district court?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i remember when i was a kid stores rooteenly stapling bags shut and having my bags and receipts checked before even going in to some stores. i blame the judges, toss this shit out and stop encouraging people from cashing in on the sparkling wiggles lottery

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
I'm white and I usually dress pretty decently. They ALWAYS check my receipt when I leave almost anywhere bigger than a Radioshack. *******...

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
not only can they not spell 200 million but they can't count that high either

MEOW

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
What item @ Toys R' us cost 200 million bucks. Fucking ni@@ers! GD I now understand why I am racist.

I also have to show my receipt @ K-mart and Wal-mart. I guess I will go buy beer there and refuse to show
the receipt there, sue and then get all the free beer I want for life! Anyone have Jackie Chiles phone number?