OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Guess whose officially less popular than Republicans, Democrats, Muslims and Atheists

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MayrMeninoCrash, Aug 17, 2011.

1. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

[​IMG]

Color me shocked! (not really)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/17/opinion/crashing-the-tea-party.htm

2. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

Cornered animals are funny.

3. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

I scrolled down without reading it and picked one sentence that you put in bold to see if it's even worth reading...I picked this one:

And I shant be reading it further because this sentence is patently false. Just another bullshit article from a bullshit paper.

4. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

5. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

6. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

7. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

That's weird, because it seems like Congress (which is composed of Republicans and Democrats) has been running less than 20% approval ratings for a while now. This is better than the Tea Party how? Who would have guessed that a New York Times/ CBS News survey would come up against the "Tea Party"? It's really strange that they didn't include a link to the actual poll results or any of the questions that were asked. Wonder why?
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/congressional_job_approval-903.html

8. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

The Tea Party questions are here

And as far as the "popularity of Congress" question, I think that's a separate question. People are favorable to "Republicans" versus are people favorable towards "Republicans in Congress".

9. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

I want to know why you would highlight a statement in the article who's only possible purpose is to make any non agenda driven person question its credibility.

10. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

Something tells me this poll are commissioned to get these results

I'm guessing the first of several loaded questions read like this

Since the "Tea Party" is more dangerous than muslims, how do you rate the Tea Party compared to muslims

11. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

Can someone please explain to me why wanting the govt to practice the same sort of fiscal responsibility than an proper household does evil again?

And while I'm in bizarro world why is S&P being treated like evil criminals for dropping our credit rating. Any person who is maxing out their credit cards paying on their other credit cards and then having to keep uping the limits on the cards to keep going would have a shitty credit rating. If anything we should have a lower credit rating. We can barely pay our bills!!!!

12. Owenay

Owenay Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.gallup.com/poll/127181/Tea-Partiers-Fairly-Mainstream-Demographics.aspx#1

Or any of the sampling data... Maybe they've learned that's it's best to just omit that info after the recent CNN/CBS poll was proven to be HEAVILY slanted (and STILL managed to prove many of their claims to be false, despite selectively reporting on it).

Bottom line is I don't doubt that there are a significant number of people in this country with an unfavorable opinion of the TEA party. After all, you can't turn on the TV or pick up a paper or peruse the internet without being bombarded with accusations of 'crazy', 'fringe', 'extreme', 'racist', 'homophobe', 'Islamophobe', 'terrorist', or some other derogatory accusation being levied at them. Who wants to side with those things? Most people are not all that engaged in politics or even all that well-read for that matter. So they believe the word of those whom they've spent their entire lives trusting.

What I find the most interesting is that a majority of Americans do support the majority of the positions and beliefs that the TEA party people hold (which I proved the post I made about the flawed and misreported CNN/CBS poll). Just don't tell them that's a TEA party position and everything's golden. I've been saying this since the healthcare debates and I'll say it again: Those who are a part of the conservative ascendency in America should consider retiring the 'TEA party' moniker altogether. It's cheesy, somewhat childish, and above all, has been affectively bludgeoned into negativity by the mainstream media and Hollywood.

All that being said, with everything that's gone on since 2008, I find it ludicrous to assert that Americans are siding against the TEA party and are instead saying:

1. Government should spend more money they don't have
    2. Washington thinks first about the citizens and not about their own careers
    3. Americans should be taxed more
    4. There aren't enough regulations on business in America
    5. We should bail-out more corporations
    etc...

Sounds more like wishful thinking to me... Or perhaps it's that well-known Progressive/Alinskyite tactic of repeating falsehoods incessantly until they are inevitably accepted as fact by the un-engaged masses...

13. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Well, thanks for posting the link.
    Very interesting results.
    Looks like more people chose not to answer the question than had an unfavorable opinion. When a newspaper says that some group has a 20% favorable rating, the average person assumes that they also have an 80% disapproval rating, not that most people didn't even answer the question. Political Spin FAIL.

Then there's this:
    41% think the Tea Party are doing just right or NOT ENOUGH within the Republican Party. Hmm, that's strange that they only have a 20% approval rating but 17% think they need to do more.

14. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Poll manipulation fail all around on this one.

15. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Jesus that is pretty bad. Polls are fucking worthless.

16. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Polls aren't worthless, twisting the results to fit your ideology is. They were 100% right to say that the Tea Party only has a 20% approval rating. The same newspaper would have also been 100% right to say that the Tea Party only has a 40% unfavorable rating, and leave it up to their audience to assume they have a 60% approval rating.
    I did a whole paper on the "Cancer Alley" in Louisiana where they claim that chemical plants have led to a 25% (or whatever %, I forget) higher rate of cancer than the rest of America. Turns out that if you read the real numbers, the region has some of the highest smoking rates, and the lowest rates of health insurance, as well as the highest poverty rates. Hmm, maybe all the poor people who smoke like chimneys and don't go to the doctor has more to do with the high cancer rates than the evil chemical plants.

17. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

As the downward spiral continues, the entertainment value should skyrocket.

18. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

Fixed.

19. Taint Stench

Taint Stench #shredding

Illinois Nazis?

20. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

I think you read that wrong. Here it is laid out in an easy-to-read fashion:

Favorable: 20
    Not favoarble: 40
    Undecided: 18
    Haven't heard enough: 21
    Refused to answer: 2

Only 2% didn't answer the question. But considering that "haven't heard enough" and "undecided" are essentially the same thing, that's 39% who haven't made up their minds - statistically the same amount as those with a negative opinion. That shows a huge amount of confusion about what the TP is all about. I think that comes down to the lack of a coherent and consistent message. The only thing all Tea Partiers can agree on is they want Obama gone.

21. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

He was pointing out the inference in the article. As he explained, by stating only 20% support the TP, people would assume 80% don't. The article should have stated that 20% support it, 40% don't, and the remaining 60% have no opinion/don't know enough/refuse to answer.

By the way confusion regarding the TP is the media's goal. Their overwhelming cause is fiscal responsibility. Getting Obama out is simply a means to accomplish that.

22. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

What about at his shaft?

(Boo.)

23. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Thank you.

24. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

And thank you for completely restating my post after saying I got it wrong.:action-sm

25. South Jersey

South Jersey I told you so ... too