buya97

Official Virus Spreader of Little Falls, NJ
Nov 25, 2004
Jersey
its out on xbox live, 5 songs including even flow! looks great so far

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
I love it. Lay down by Priestess, Even Flow and The Metal by Tenacious D are all a lot of fun to play and great songs (even flow was the only one I knew). HOPOs are a lot easier, makes the game more fun to play. Only song I haven't beat with 5 stars on expert is the metal. Can't get more than 3 so far.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Guitar hero 3 tonight .....Midnight opening for gamestop.....I can't wait

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Well, Foolishly going out to get this game instead of Rock Band.. I have to say, FUCKING NEVERSOFT.

What the fuck happened? First 2-3 songs into expert i realized what an attrocity the game play has become. Instread of being able to do what should be a smooth transition of HO/PO, instead becomes random parts where you CAN HO/PO, and where you have to strum, in a frenzy of chords, and where you can't. That's right folks, not only do you have to keep up with the buttons, but you also have to see which buttons let you do what. They completely broken the GH2 game play and bastardized it

Fuck NS and fuck GH3. Get Rock Band the 20th.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
I just bought MY first edition of GH I II or III. I now know why I stink @ music. God Damn I am a non playing bitch, even @ fake music.

:arrrh:

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Monster I can't understand your post at all. Also Rock Bands song list is an Atrocity..Gh3s Song list looks good and is mixed. Rock Band is like Commercial Mainstream everything.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Basicly, The HO/PO notes are inconstant. You can strum green, HO yellow, but then have to strum blue which, on GH2, would be close enough to HO as well.. but not in 3, for whatever reason.

Another example, one of the first 4 songs on expert, you PO from orange to red.. but then have to strum green, even though again, it should be close enough for a PO. It makes no sense, and totally throws off my love for GH.

By far, I'm not the best GH player, but I never had a problem with GH2 on expert. GH3 would be perfect if they didn't fuck with with the charts.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
well, I only play it on easy, so no worries for me

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
i just got it for wii... but we both stink, if we can master medium I will be very happy

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I just picked up my first fake guitar last night and I'm loving it. What is this Rock Band I'm hearing about?

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
I only played 3 songs yesterday...and I really sucked. I don't know if its the guitar or what. I could play expert pretty well on GH2 but I got 3 stars on 2/3 songs on hard.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
I only played 3 songs yesterday...and I really sucked. I don't know if its the guitar or what. I could play expert pretty well on GH2 but I got 3 stars on 2/3 songs on hard.
I had some issues with the wireless guitar. Has to be my wireless signal or the signal it gives. I have to sit a certain way.

The issue I was having was when you tilt for star power, it wouldn't register that you were holding down the red or yellow buttons. I had to sit on my couch angled a certain way and before the notes kick in I usually tilt to make sure it's working.

As for me, I'm still kinda new to the Guitar Hero stuff, I can probably do songs respectably on medium, but I'm going through career on easy first (just beat Slash and did the encore, Welcome to the Jungle, every song's a five-stars, a handful are 100%).

Really sobering when you go online and play co-op, choose easy, then your partner chooses hard and just shreds through it... yeah. I need to practice.

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
Yeah, I think my guitar has lag. Maybe I'll see if I can fix that by using the video-lag option in the menus. Going to give the game another shot today.

I'm sure I'll get my ass kicked online.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
This sucks...there is so many complaints with this game already...gh2 was amazing and still is...80s stunk..I hope this game is good

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Im halfway through 5 staring everything on medium......I cant wait to get to hard cause wasy and medium go way to slow..

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
Im halfway through 5 staring everything on medium......I cant wait to get to hard cause wasy and medium go way to slow..

SORRRRRRRYYYYY MR GUITAR HERO!!!!!111111!!!!!

and yea chlorofirm if you fuck with the video options it'll help

Does anyone know when they will release the second guitars?

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
Alright, I fucking hate this guitar. I don't know if its faulty or what but it seems like I just keeping missing the dumbest shit. I think I'll just go buy the game for the 360 since I really like the guitar for gh2 (I bought the game for PS3 because my 360 rrod on me a month or two ago).

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
It's not good, but it's good to see I'm not the only one having issues. I guess for now I just sit the way I need to and it works just fine.

And the OCD in me is insisting I get 100% on everything in easy since I'm so close to most of them and just fuck up one note here or there.

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
Mine auto-activates star power and in the middle of a chord will just stop sometimes. I tried playing a song or two on the 360 demo vs on the ps3. I got another 30k in one song and another 70k on one song, same difficulty and playing them the exact same. So much dumb shit just seems to happen when using the ps3 wireless guitar.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
I'm not sure..maybe now since this guitar has that playstation button on it....

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
Unfortunately not. There was an official statement that it wouldn't work and I just tried it and the dongle won't even light up.

I exchanged my ps3 copy for another one at gamestop. This one seems to work better and the star power doesn't auto-activate. Going to try a couple more songs. Still seem better with the GH2 guitar...

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
Well, my 2nd guitar appears to be working just fine. I'm really starting to love this game now. I took it online and had a blast. I can already tell I'll be playing this game forever.

I won 5 out of 5 matches in pro-face off on hard with best 2 out of 3 songs (never got to 3). I tried out battle and that is a weird mode, I'm not used to it. I lost a 2 out of 3 match there. I finished off with a coop song, suck my kiss, that has the best bass track I've played yet.

I hope that they implement tournaments into the online portion, that'd be a lot of fun.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
Ok, here we go. My playing skills suck as of now. My guitar seems to be working fine. I got to Tom Morello, I just cannot beat him. I guess I need to get better than 88% on every god damn tune. I stink and I hate myself.

I cannot wait to see the look on my wifes face when she gets back from San Diego on business. My Sex Pistols guitar and all.