Guitar Hero III/Rock Band Downloadable Content

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
I'm sure most of us got the free Dream On by Aerosmith around Valentines, but there's now a FREE 3 pack of Dropkick Murphy's songs out there (at least for PS3, I'm sure it's there for 360 as well), probably for the drunkard Irish. It's free for this weekend....Famous for Nothing, Flannigan's Ball, & Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ye

also available...No Doubt!! :icon_roll (Don't Speak, Excuse Me Mr., & Sunday Morning) $6.95

also & more importantly than Gwen..."Modern Metal Pack." $6.95...Deftones - Hole in the Earth, Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy, & Thrice - The Arsonist

I'll admit though, I think I may have to get Rock Band. I saw that Rock Band has NIN (The Collector, March of the Pigs, & The Perfect Drug), STP - Sex Type Thing, and a Metallica package. Allegedly they're going to have weekly downloadable content

post any DLC that you find out about/see for either of these games here

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
yeah, my sister & bro-in-law have it for Wii too...love Wii, hate the lack of downloadable content

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Maybe it's just me, but I thought the Foo Fighters and Velvet Revolver DLC track packs on GH3 were really fucking difficult compared to the rest of the packs that came after them. Classic rock pack was almost too easy in comparison.

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
Jan 26, 2005
Kentucky
Not allegedly, Rock Band does have consistent weekly downloads. Came out with a 6 track Grateful Dead pack last week.
I'm thinking of getting the game myself.
I love GH3, but damn it they need to get on the ball with more DLC. But no, guess they put their time and effort into the upcoming GH: Aerosmith.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
yeah, I'm thinkin about getting Rock Band myself...but from what I heard from Standby & Angelfuck, expert on Rock Band = ridiculously easier than expert on GH

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
yeah, I'm thinkin about getting Rock Band myself...but from what I heard from Standby & Angelfuck, expert on Rock Band = ridiculously easier than expert on GH
On guitar and bass, yeah. The timing window is smaller, but the songs are just easier, i.e. very few super-duper crazy hammer-on/pull-off passages and just not as many notes in general. Drums are fucking retarded on expert, but I haven't put much time into them. I blow at singing, so I avoid it at all costs, but I think it's also really hard on expert.

As for GH3 DLC, the new stuff is soooo easy. I FC'd Sunday Morning on expert on a sightread over at my friend's place. It sucks really, because I can use them for the Enlightened Guitarist achievement. That one would have put me halfway there.

Zersch

Defective Detective
Dec 18, 2007
Tennessee
Next week's Rock Band DLC is the 'Earache Thrash Pack':

"Thrasher" by Evile
"D.O.A." by The Haunted
"Blinded By Fear" by At the Gates

I've really been enjoying Rock Band, and to a smaller extent Guitar Hero III. I suppose GH3 is the superior solo experience, but the multiplayer in Rock Band really shines. Also, for the record, this past Tuesday's DLC for Rock Band was:

"Shockwave" by Black Tide
"Crushcrushcrush" by Paramore
"Beethoven's Cunt" by Serj Tankian

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
I appricate the DLC on Rock Band, because you can pick and choose what you want to buy, but for fucks sake, this is the 3rd week in a row with nothing I want. The upcomming week looks like its going to suck for me too.

Where's the Queen dammit?

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
I am the biggest Hyocrite ever lol I bought Rock Band for 360 last month and I am still addicted to it.. The drumming is as fun as Guitar for guitar hero...And When you got a full band going or playing online with a band or against somebody nothing gets much better...The songs on Rock Band are great and I already have about 20 more added through DLC. Metallica Old school pack and The Grateful Dead pack are amazing.. Cannot wait for At The Gates and The Haunted Tuesday.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I've downloaded quite a few of the Rock Band songs. I almost wish I didn't bother with the Metallica pack, though....I can't finish any one of the goddamned songs unless I'm on vocals, and that....is not something most people want to suffer through.

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
I want a Metallica pack for Guitar Hero goddamnit!!
The metallica pack for Rock band is good but it is pretty hard...Rock Band is a lot easier then GH3.. I can play almost every song on expert on Rock Band but on GH3 expert gets insane towards then end...

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
fuck those Foo Fighter songs, they were STUPID hard

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Zersch

Defective Detective
Dec 18, 2007
Tennessee
I've been stuck on the Slipknot song and the... I think it's Queens of the Stone Age on Expert for a few months now.

My fingers just refuse to shift between the chords as rapidly as they want.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
The update just went through today and the Rock Band store is awesome. Let's you really see what they have and know what you're getting.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Just bought the No Doubt, Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver, and the Boss pack for 360. Rock on!

Zersch

Defective Detective
Dec 18, 2007
Tennessee
This coming Tuesday for Rock Band DLC will be a Boston six-pack:

“More Than a Feeling”
“Peace of Mind”
“Smokin’”
“Rock & Roll Band”
“Something About You”
“Hitch a Ride”

WaddleDoodle

Creepy? We're the CIA. It's what we do.
Mar 15, 2005
Arlington, VA
I'm still waiting for Simple Man on Rockband. They keep delaying it, and now it's just a TBA. Love that song.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
I've been stuck on the Slipknot song and the... I think it's Queens of the Stone Age on Expert for a few months now.

My fingers just refuse to shift between the chords as rapidly as they want.
That slipknot song fuck it, I am done with that motherfucker

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
A little off topic, but who's going to pay $99.00 for this:

This moves the game from "just having fun" to "creepy".

boardsofcanada

You're a Charcoal Briquette..ditsoon..a moolinyan
Jun 8, 2006
I love games where you need to spend 300 dollars to get the content you should've already had for the insanely overrprieced 180.