.....and she was a stewardess.
i hear a quiet buzz coming through larger speakers in my house, and it's especially loud through my marshall mini stack amp. i've noticed when i turn certain things off, like a tv, the buzz gets a little quieter. this buzz used to happen once in a while, but now it's constant, to the point i can't play guitar because of how loud the buzz is. is there something with the electrical wiring in the house that can cause this? the people that were here before me did a lot of their own wiring... lamp posts in the driveway run from outlets in the basement, through the block walls to feed the lamps. shit like that. and it's everywhere. I guess I could go and unplug everything that's not needed. I have a large 80's stereo that i play my ipod through when playing guitar, and when one buzzes, they both buzz. stereo & amp fed from separate outlets, doesn't matter where in the house. occasionally there is no buzzing and all is fine. but those days are long gone.