Gun Optics

rockpup

Sick Puppy
Jun 2, 2005
Souf Florida
From reflex and holographic sights to adjustable sniper scopes, post yer shit here.

rockpup

Sick Puppy
Jun 2, 2005
Souf Florida

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
I have the ACOG TA-31-Fg on my HK. The ONLY downside to it is the eye relief is about 1.5". The 3.5x ACOG's have better eye relief @ 2.4". Other than that, it maintains zero very well, the glass is crystal clear, and it's almost indestructible. I also mounted the Trijicon adjustable RMR 06 with a 3.5 MOA red dot on it and have that zeroed at 25 yards. And it all mounts on the AR with a LaRue QD LT100.

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3d.php?pid=TA31F

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RM06

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-acog-mount-qd-lt-100

Also, If you do get an ACOG, when adjusting it, take the caps off the adjustment dials, make your adjustment, put the cap back on tight and then tap the cap several times with your knuckles or a small rubber mallet to set the prism. If you don't, your POA vs. POI will be all over the place. And do one adjustment at a time, I.E. only adjust height or only adjust left to right.

And I'd go with an Aimpoint Micro T1 and an Aimpoint magnifier before that Eotech you posted.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Am pondering a scope for my Novekse barrel, the fixed 10x is good for the range, but.. er.. no.

Thinking of the Leupold Mark AR series,
http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scopes/mark-ar-riflescopes/mark-ar-mod-1-1-5-4x20mm/

The Eotech with flip over magnifier (also considering for the SBR)
http://www.eotech-inc.com/products/sights/hhs2

Or, a friend with multiple Iraq/Afghan deployments keeps suggesting the Trijicon ACOG
http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=ACOG

Thoughts?

Did you miss my thread about my Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4 I got a few weeks ago?

It's fucking NICE. Even with the $210 for a LaRue mount, I was at about half the cost of a 4x ACOG ($350+$210 vs 1k+ for the ACOG).

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The nice thing about the ACOG is the weight and how little space it takes up on the rail.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
The nice thing about the ACOG is the weight and how little space it takes up on the rail.
While the Leupold is going to be longer, you'd be shocked how damn light that thing is, even with the LaRue SPR mount. Plus, it's 1.5-4x variable, so it is more versatile, and the Firedot-G SPR reticle allows for ranging, drop compensation, etc - and it's got an illuminated center dot. The elevation turret is marked for 55gr FMJ from a 16" barrel for 100-650 yards, too.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Sounds like a sweet piece of kit. Variable optics are the bee's knee's.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
Sounds like a sweet piece of kit. Variable optics are the bee's knee's.
I wouldn't want to work indoors with it, but for 25-300 yards, it's pretty fucking nice. Clear as hell, and a LOT longer eye relief. The VERY short eye relief of the 4x ACOG is one of my biggest complaints about them.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
Since we are talking about optics, what do you guys use for spotting scopes?

I'm looking for something and looking for opinions. It would be primarily for the range. The outdoor range I go to when I am home is expanding out to 200 yards this spring and may be going out to 300 later.

So right now, I'd like to find something that can see .223 holes in paper out to 200 yards. I figure since it's just for looking at a non moving target, I won't need a wide field of view.

I've seen prices from $100.00 all the way up to $1000.00.

I'm not looking to be a cheap bastard and would like a good piece of quality glass that will last and not fall apart or fog up the first time it gets cold when it's humid.

Poison The Well

Somebody poisoned the water-hole!
Jan 7, 2008
Texas
So my ACOG is sitting at the fucking post office due to the USPS being completely fucking useless. The town I'm currently living in unfortunately does not have mail men and anyone who lives here that wants to get their mail has to get a PO box. So I get one and to my dismay after being here for 2 weeks I found out that the people who work at the PO are the laziest fucks in the entire USPS. On Saturdays, instead of having set hours like every other PO I've been to in my life, they just get the delivery of mail in the morning, put it in the PO boxes, and hit the fucking bricks. They don't open the office and if you're one of the unlucky ones that gets there after they leave for the day, you're not getting your package.

Having as much money as I spent sitting back there and not being able to get it is enraging.

For the record, I got there at 10:45am and they were long gone.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
One fill in mailer carrier is a fatso. I don't understand how someone can walk a route, six days a week, and still be fat. The regular one is awesome. Fatso is just a fat lazy stupid fuck.

Poison The Well

Jan 7, 2008
Texas
It really is no wonder that the USPS is going bankrupt. They have thousands of workers, most of whom are unionized, who do the bare minimum and think they deserve the money they make. I understand wanting to be able to get into a routine at work and once you've been there a few years wanting to be able to delegate their work to someone who is new but holy fuck. When I was a kid living on Long Island, we had the same mail lady almost my entire childhood, age 1 to 17 or 18. I don't recall any days (I'm sure there were some, but I don't recall them) when she wasn't the one who delivered the mail and she was like clockwork with it.

When I moved to Texas I noticed that it was same person delivering the mail most days, but it was never around the same time more than two days in a row. They'd show up at 10am one day and 4:30pm the next. I don't know if people just don't want to do that particular job anymore (it used to be a career for a lot of folks, not just a job) but it seems that most of the people, even in the office part of the Post Office, are the laziest and most obnoxious assholes I've ever met. They are slower than shit and 9 times out of 10 they don't know anything. For example, a buddy of mine who works at the Sheriff's Office was selling some stuff on AR15.com. When he went to the PO to ship it, he asked for a tracking number and the guy behind the counter says that he doesn't need it and that it's included on the receipt with their new shipping system. He decides to not check the receipt for sure when they print it out because he expects the retards that work at the PO to know what the fuck they are talking about. Well, he gets home and goes to send the guy who bought something his tracking info, pulls out the receipt, and reads on an advertisement on the receipt that they will be including tracking numbers.....3 days after he shipped it on the first of the month. He immediately goes back to the PO to get a tracking number and brings his receipt. They tell him they can't give him one since he's already shipped it and the truck had just left. Kicker is he talked to the same dude.

Just pure incompetence.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
Had an email from LaRue this morning that my Aimpoint was ready to ship. Had a tracking number an hour later. It should be here next week.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
Get a LaRue mount on that thing pronto.

Poison The Well

Jan 7, 2008
Texas
When you put your order in for your mount, ask them where the hell my range bag is!!!:confused:
They've had a ridiculously long backorder for those range bags for as long as I can think of. Probably for a good month before Sandy Hook, all of their soft goods have been backordered.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
They've had a ridiculously long backorder for those range bags for as long as I can think of. Probably for a good month before Sandy Hook, all of their soft goods have been backordered.
That's been ongoing for A LOT of shit from LT, mostly on stuff they don't produce in house. I waited 5 weeks for my Aimpoint Micro to ship, but my LT-104 scope mount shipped within 24 hours of ordering it.

Poison The Well

Jan 7, 2008
Texas
That's been ongoing for A LOT of shit from LT, mostly on stuff they don't produce in house. I waited 5 weeks for my Aimpoint Micro to ship, but my LT-104 scope mount shipped within 24 hours of ordering it.
Pretty much nailed it. The LT Covert Carry case has been backordered for pretty close to a year now I think. The only things that I've noticed being backordered that LT actually makes are a majority of the plastic things they make (ie, Index Clips, RAT stocks, etc.).