OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Gun Talk

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by weeniewawa, Feb 13, 2013.

1. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

Shotgun is a little different I've shit that at the driving rage of a country club and there was houses a few hundred yards away centerfire is different

Shootr likes this.
  2. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

Ewww, TMI...

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  3. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

So much for that...

Gold bead no better than anything else at the indoor range. I'm keeping it because testing it around the house and property it lights up great - but the crappy range lighting is like a dim hallway - as @fezman sez, at least the point-shoot works well at close ranges.

Then had to clean the damn thing near the end of the session (200 rounds or so). I like the price of Freedom Munitions ammo, but it must be dirty as all get out because I've never had a stoppage until today - and it was 3 different rounds (theirs and some Sellier Bellot) - pistol refused to go last 1/8" into battery. Once cleaned it ran fine again. After I shoot up the rest I'm sticking to Federal and Sellier & Bellot.

Good work though - lots of single hand drills, some shooting the breeze with others. The old man next to me had a Glock with a green laser and a strobing flashlight. He was apologizing for the disco, but he was at an end lane and only lit it up, shot 2 rounds, then back off - no big deal to me. He let me give it a go and it really is the way to go - just can't miss with that laser. (I just hate having to rely on batteries, another thing to fail at the wrong moment) But my next pistol will definitely be a 1911 Commander with a rail so I can add a laser.

4. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Don't they have a guide rail laser for 1911?

5. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

You mean guide rod lasers? If so, yes - but I would trust those less than the grip type like Crimson Trace. Guide rods in Springfield RO Compacts aren't "standard" designs, and I really don't like changing out anything that is integral in the original mechanicals of the pistol.

I have a weird hate for CT dating back to when they first came out in the 80's - one employee was a total dick on the phone and I've hated them ever since. But it will probably be what I wind up with, especially since I can keep both pistol and holster.

6. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Yep, that's the ticket.

I'm positive thet CS rep is no longer working for them. Most likely dead, or retired.

You can keep fueling unwarranted hate if you wish. Just seems to be a waste of energy.

Shootr likes this.
  7. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

I can hold a grudge sometimes...

Not like dwelling 24/7 hate, just I'm not giving those jerks hundreds of my dollars disdain.

#1957 Shootr, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    THE FEZ MAN and d0uche_n0zzle like this.
  8. THE FEZ MAN

You are going to think I'm nuts, but I have found that practicing with a laser is great to help with "point and shoot"
    Just walk around and point at stuff with it, I used to use my noncontact thermometer

9. chiapeteater

chiapeteater ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
    Donator

My dad gave me a Crimson Trace laser for X-mas one year. I put it on my HK P2kSK and shot it a few times. It would randomly turn on and off under recoil. Took it off after 50 or so rounds and haven't touched it since. Not worth the effort and not going to trust my life to it.

10. THE FEZ MAN

I have one on my .22 pistol it works ok but .22 are so finicky that I haven't yet found a round that perfectly co witnesses with the iron sites

11. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

I have a green Lasermax on the AR15 pistol - it's the shit and has never given me any trouble. It's zeroed to the iron sights at 25 yards so if it's on a target from 5-25 yards, it's a hit.

CR recently moved the pressure switch (on pistols anyways) to the front strap under the middle finger. Supposed to be more reliable with activation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12. THE FEZ MAN

That is where mine is

13. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

Ahhh, I feel better... Time for a cigar.
    [​IMG]

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  14. ysr50

ysr50 Well-Known Member
    Donator

Are those sights working out okay?

Shootr likes this.
  15. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

As long as there is any kind of light source behind/beside me, that bead lights right up.

I still want laser grips, but today I made sure to get a lane with a little light - it was so much better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

Oh, and as far as your asshole coworkers - fuck 'em. Been wearing my readers from a librarians leash for years. Could care less what anybody thinks...
    [​IMG]

17. Discoman

Discoman Well-Known Member
    Donator

This was a fun video; what's astounding is the rarity of most of those pieces, you can spot some uncommon stuff that he doesn't even get to mention.

18. ysr50

ysr50 Well-Known Member
    Donator

Received a Skinner rear peep sight for my 1894, haven't installed it yet, hoping it provides some relief for my shitty vision. The new sight mounts on the receiver instead of the barrel, so I also bought a blank that fills the dovetail in the barrel for the stock rear sight. The rear sight install looks fairly simple, not sure about making the blank fit the void in the barrel so it looks nice.