Gun Talk

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
Land of fruits and nuts
Fair enough. It's a hard place to walk away from if you've grown up here and built a life, if you leave chances are you won't be able to afford to come back.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Fair enough. It's a hard place to walk away from if you've grown up here and built a life, if you leave chances are you won't be able to afford to come back.
Your talking to someone that has never moved more than 5 miles from the hospital I was born at

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
I've been wanting to get a .45 ACP with a double stack but that's also pretty easy to carry. I've had my eyes on the Glock 30s for those reasons mentioned. Anyone have any other ideas they'd be willing to share for a double stack carry gun? I don't want to blow out my budget. Just started a new job making decent money, but I should top out within 2 years and will definitely go more expensive then.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I've been wanting to get a .45 ACP with a double stack but that's also pretty easy to carry. I've had my eyes on the Glock 30s for those reasons mentioned. Anyone have any other ideas they'd be willing to share for a double stack carry gun? I don't want to blow out my budget. Just started a new job making decent money, but I should top out within 2 years and will definitely go more expensive then.
Just get the Glock

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
All little more than a Glock but I like my HK45 and my HK USP .45 compact. Just throwing those two out there.

Nothing wrong with a Glock though.

DanaReevesLungs

Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
All little more than a Glock but I like my HK45 and my HK USP .45 compact. Just throwing those two out there.

Nothing wrong with a Glock though.
I really like that HK45 Compact and found one for $700. That's not a bad price actually.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
My single stack .45 compact 6 round 1911 is about 1.1" thick, the 10 round glock is only 3/16" thicker for 10 rounds, and the HK is a full 1/2" thicker for 8 rounds. (Flush mags) Seems like the Glock is a pretty good compromise (can't imagine trying to carry anything much wider than what I have already).

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - New Jersey lawmakers on Monday advanced a measure to prohibit the purchase of firearms parts used to make untraceable weapons, or so-called ghost guns.

The Democrat-led Senate law and public safety committee approved the measure Monday. The panel is also considering a half-dozen gun-control measures that have cleared the Democrat-controlled Assembly.

Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy has said he generally supports measures aimed at tightening the state's already-strict gun laws.

The ghost-gun bill calls for barring the purchase of separate parts or kits that could be used to manufacture a firearm that cannot be traced by law enforcement.

"This 'do it yourself' method of assembling these 'ghost guns' allows the owner to avoid the laws and regulations that are meant to keep firearms out of the hands of those who pose a danger to themselves or others," Democratic state Sen. Joe Cryan said in a statement.

Lawmakers said the part of the inspiration for the legislation stemmed from the 2017 case of a northern California rampage that resulted in the deaths of five people, in addition to the gunman. Authorities said they believed the two high-powered rifles were made by the gunman.

It is already unlawful to make a handgun, rifle or shotgun without a license, and manufacturing a machine gun, sawed-off shotgun or assault firearm is also illegal.

The measure would make the purchase of firearm parts to manufacture an untraceable firearm a third-degree crime, punishable by a three- to five-year prison sentence, a fine of up to $15,000, or both.

Scott Bach, the executive director of the New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, which supports Second Amendment rights, said his group is still reviewing the measure and declined to comment.

DanaReevesLungs

Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - New Jersey lawmakers on Monday advanced a measure to prohibit the purchase of firearms parts used to make untraceable weapons, or so-called ghost guns.

The Democrat-led Senate law and public safety committee approved the measure Monday. The panel is also considering a half-dozen gun-control measures that have cleared the Democrat-controlled Assembly.

Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy has said he generally supports measures aimed at tightening the state's already-strict gun laws.

The ghost-gun bill calls for barring the purchase of separate parts or kits that could be used to manufacture a firearm that cannot be traced by law enforcement.

"This 'do it yourself' method of assembling these 'ghost guns' allows the owner to avoid the laws and regulations that are meant to keep firearms out of the hands of those who pose a danger to themselves or others," Democratic state Sen. Joe Cryan said in a statement.

Lawmakers said the part of the inspiration for the legislation stemmed from the 2017 case of a northern California rampage that resulted in the deaths of five people, in addition to the gunman. Authorities said they believed the two high-powered rifles were made by the gunman.

It is already unlawful to make a handgun, rifle or shotgun without a license, and manufacturing a machine gun, sawed-off shotgun or assault firearm is also illegal.

The measure would make the purchase of firearm parts to manufacture an untraceable firearm a third-degree crime, punishable by a three- to five-year prison sentence, a fine of up to $15,000, or both.

Scott Bach, the executive director of the New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, which supports Second Amendment rights, said his group is still reviewing the measure and declined to comment.
I couldn't imagine living in a state that has the need to coddle everyone because they don't think the majority of adults in said state can think or provide for themselves. Politicians will relentlessly play to the lowest common denominator just for feel good points. Atrocious.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
What are you fuckers in PA doing? No longer going to reciprocate CCW with us Virginians?

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
Hey guys I'm looking for a good site to purchase spare mags for muh P226. I'd like them to be Sig magazines if possible, where are some good deals?

Ftard

Nov 22, 2002
Just picked up my three permits on Friday. Only took thirty days to get them. Can't complain this being NJ. Now I have 90 days to use them but can only purchase 1 every thirty days. I think that I am going to pick up the Sig P320RX. I like the concept of the modular trigger assembly. If I want to change calibers in the future, I can just buy the frame and barrel. I would't have to go through the permit process in the future just to buy those. Don't know what I am going to get with the other two permits. Going to go shopping tomorrow.

I currently have a 1911 9mm, Browning 22lr and an XDS 45. Open to suggestions as what would be a good addition to the lineup. I am thinking one will be for carrying. I just applied for the out of state resident Utah CCW. It is useless in NJ but if I travel I can use it in the reciprocity states. Any suggestions on a good carry pistol?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
My head hurts just from reading that. A permit for each gun? Oof. And that bozo y'all just elected to replace Christie wants more gun control regulations. That oughta be real fun.

IMO, everyone should own a .357 revolver. Put that on the list. Maybe a .380 for carry?

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
Just ordered an M&P Shield 9 with integrated Crimson Trace for $350.
Nice price - where are you getting it from?

What holster do you plan to use with it?

I'm digging the .45 version and my eyes can definitely use the laser - but until I'm sure what to carry it with, it'll sit on the wish list.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Nice price - where are you getting it from?

What holster do you plan to use with it?

I'm digging the .45 version and my eyes can definitely use the laser - but until I'm sure what to carry it with, it'll sit on the wish list.
Brownells...I should have it on Monday.

My brother has this KYDEX holster and raves about it. That's probably what I'll get.