Gun Talk

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
If you have a CCW permit, how is it a felony to have your firearm holstered in something like that? Do you actually have to keep the thing on your body?
In California, yes. It must be on your body or locked and out of sight if left in a vehicle.

HandPanzer

τι θελεις
It must be a nightmare to comply with every rule in California (which is the point). You're probably committing a felony without even knowing it.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
It must be a nightmare to comply with every rule in California (which is the point). You're probably committing a felony without even knowing it.
That's absolutely the point. And there's a ton of grey area, which if you wander into the attitude is pretty much "you may be in the right, but it's going to cost you thousands to defend yourself regardless".

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
try figuring out our AR 15 laws, cops don't even know it is such a mess.

now they are going to demand a permit of some kind for just purchasing ammo, it is supposed to begin this June or so but they have no idea how.

Nukes hitting Frisko and La would be too kind and too quick.

ysr50

Donator
try figuring out our AR 15 laws, cops don't even know it is such a mess.

now they are going to demand a permit of some kind for just purchasing ammo, it is supposed to begin this June or so but they have no idea how.

Nukes hitting Frisko and La would be too kind and too quick.
The laws regarding AR-15 type rifles are so convoluted I kind of gave up. I installed a device that won't allow the mag to drop unless the action is opened, it only has to open about a 1/8 of an inch to allow release, it has its own issues now. I don't know for sure if it's legal and I probably won't ever take it to the range, it's just going to sit in the back of the safe. Maybe I'll look into seeing if I can gift it to my niece or nephew in North Carolina.These days I actually like lever action rifles more anyways. As far as needing a permit to buy ammo if you aren't reloading you should start. It's not that hard and the cost for beginner equipment is not that expensive.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
The laws regarding AR-15 type rifles are so convoluted I kind of gave up. I installed a device that won't allow the mag to drop unless the action is opened, it only has to open about a 1/8 of an inch to allow release, it has its own issues now. I don't know for sure if it's legal and I probably won't ever take it to the range, it's just going to sit in the back of the safe. Maybe I'll look into seeing if I can gift it to my niece or nephew in North Carolina.These days I actually like lever action rifles more anyways. As far as needing a permit to buy ammo if you aren't reloading you should start. It's not that hard and the cost for beginner equipment is not that expensive.
yeah, I reload but it is just a matter of time before they catch on to this and restrict those items too. I checked out the mag lock devices and thought about getting some but the state gun grabbers will do the same thing as they did with bullet buttons, set the standards and when those are met, say they are not acceptable. I will just leave them in the safe.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
yeah, I reload but it is just a matter of time before they catch on to this and restrict those items too. I checked out the mag lock devices and thought about getting some but the state gun grabbers will do the same thing as they did with bullet buttons, set the standards and when those are met, say they are not acceptable. I will just leave them in the safe.
And that's why those bullshit restrictions need to be fought all the time. They are never the final word for these people and any concession is just to them. It never goes the other way and just creates more problems for legal owners.

Problem for California is, it's too far gone and it will never change.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
And that's why those bullshit restrictions need to be fought all the time. They are never the final word for these people and any concession is just to them. It never goes the other way and just creates more problems for legal owners.

Problem for California is, it's too far gone and it will never change.
They gave an inch and took a mile, I feel sorry for Cali gun owners but they allowed it to happen

Dems go in Maine and they want to pass a bill that:

- Prohibiting the sale of high-capacity magazines (oh noes I can buy them in NH)
- 72-hour waiting period for gun buyers (oh noes I can buy them in NH well long guns)
- background checks for private sales
- court orders to require certain individuals to surrender guns (red flag laws)
- regulating 3-D printed guns
- punishing those who store a loaded firearm that a child then uses

This bill of course will get VETO's by the dem governor..

A Republican's bill would allow the use of deadly force to prevent death or serious bodily injury in self-defense.

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
Dems go in Maine and they want to pass a bill that:

- Prohibiting the sale of high-capacity magazines (oh noes I can buy them in NH)
- 72-hour waiting period for gun buyers (oh noes I can buy them in NH well long guns)
- background checks for private sales
- court orders to require certain individuals to surrender guns (red flag laws)
- regulating 3-D printed guns
- punishing those who store a loaded firearm that a child then uses

This bill of course will get VETO's by the dem governor..

A Republican's bill would allow the use of deadly force to prevent death or serious bodily injury in self-defense.
if this even begins to look like it might pass I am going and buying an MP5 immediately.

if this even begins to look like it might pass I am going and buying an MP5 immediately.
Well I've been buying 30 and 60 round mags when they have been coming on sale... and filling them of course. Might be time for a few more uppers... and 80 % lowers.