Gun Talk

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
I did it, just buy a stripped lower and a parts kit, you don’t need any special tools and anyone with basic hand tools and half a brain can assemble it

But, Buy a completed upper

And, don’t make a “pistol” just build a rifle
The AR9 pistol was just a shits & giggles thing. The AR I'm going to build proper is going to be standard length.

Are the PSA lower parts kits any good? I imagine it's all pretty much the same other than the trigger and maybe the buffer.

The AR9 pistol was just a shits & giggles thing. The AR I'm going to build proper is going to be standard length.

Are the PSA lower parts kits any good? I imagine it's all pretty much the same other than the trigger and maybe the buffer.
The lower part kits are pretty much all the same. They make some that don't include the trigger and hammer incase you want to use a different one. You can get different grades of triggers like match grade and 2 stage triggers. The standard buffer is fine, you just have to make sure you have the correct type of buffer and spring for the butt stock you use, carbine collapsable stock or full length rifle stock.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

I don’t know about the PSA Kit, I bought a Daniel defense and some other “off brand” so I actually had two kits and ended up inter mingling the parts, unless you’re planning on building a match rifle any lower kit should be just fine

THE FEZ MAN

I don't think anyone is ever disappointed by buying quality, now get out snd shoot
Yep, im tired of buying Chinese junk, first I bought the Aim Point PRO for the AR, now the RMR for my CZ, next I need to look into an optic for my full size AR, and my .357 lever gun, I’m leaning towards a regular trijicon scope for the AR because it has a built in carry handle and some type of traditional variable rifle scope for my lever gun, either an Aim Point or a Nikon

Yep, im tired of buying Chinese junk, first I bought the Aim Point PRO for the AR, now the RMR for my CZ, next I need to look into an optic for my full size AR, and my .357 lever gun, I’m leaning towards a regular trijicon scope for the AR because it has a built in carry handle and some type of traditional variable rifle scope for my lever gun, either an Aim Point or a Nikon
Won't a regular type scope on top of that carry handle be too high to see through without taking your cheek off of the stock?
I have the same thing as the AIM point PRO, they used to call it Comp M2 or something but I think it is the same thing. It has been good, great on battery life. I also have an EOtech that uses AA batteries and eats them like candy but is solid and works great. I have a Leupold Delta Point, not the new Pro model on a Glock and a couple of Shield RMSs that I later learned are not the toughest sights out there but they make about the only small one that I could mount on a Glock 43 size frame. I actually bought this one and its big brother which will work on standard size slides but have not installed the larger one yet. I accidentally ordered the larger one as their descriptions and names are very similar but decided to keep it since, why not.

THE FEZ MAN

Won't a regular type scope on top of that carry handle be too high to see through without taking your cheek off of the stock?
I have the same thing as the AIM point PRO, they used to call it Comp M2 or something but I think it is the same thing. It has been good, great on battery life. I also have an EOtech that uses AA batteries and eats them like candy but is solid and works great. I have a Leupold Delta Point, not the new Pro model on a Glock and a couple of Shield RMSs that I later learned are not the toughest sights out there but they make about the only small one that I could mount on a Glock 43 size frame. I actually bought this one and its big brother which will work on standard size slides but have not installed the larger one yet. I accidentally ordered the larger one as their descriptions and names are very similar but decided to keep it since, why not.

I meant ACOG

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
The lower part kits are pretty much all the same. They make some that don't include the trigger and hammer incase you want to use a different one. You can get different grades of triggers like match grade and 2 stage triggers. The standard buffer is fine, you just have to make sure you have the correct type of buffer and spring for the butt stock you use, carbine collapsable stock or full length rifle stock.
I don’t know about the PSA Kit, I bought a Daniel defense and some other “off brand” so I actually had two kits and ended up inter mingling the parts, unless you’re planning on building a match rifle any lower kit should be just fine
I like how LPKs are either like $30 or $100.

Though I like the aggressive stippling on the grip of this pistol my tactical gut didn't when I was carrying it IWB. Well I guess a lot of people were as Houge now makes these "slide on" over grips. Now I don't get a sore spot on the side of my carcass...

I had one on my Glock 17, it made the grip too thick for my liking, I think I had to cut it off with a knife, I guess that is better than it being loose and moving around
That P365 is tiny and I have biggish hands... so it actually helps... as does they pinky extension... downside with it on it prints through a reg t-shirt when I carry IWB... so I took it off for now until it gets colder aka hoodie weather.