Ha ha to losers that waited in line eight days for an iPhone

Coffee Diva

Female? Nope. Meaty-breasted? You betcha!
I almost put this in the FU Forum, but it's an open taunt, not an expression of anger, so I'm putting it here instead.

Last night I happened to drive past my local AT&T store right before 6:00 pm (i-hour). It was raining, humid, about 85 degrees, generally nasty. There were at least twenty people waiting in line outside, and a number of them had obviously been there for at least a day or so.

Me, I casually sauntered into my local AT&T store about 11:30 this morning (Saturday). Went right up to the counter (the "line" consisted of one middle-aged hag trying to buy a carrying case for her RAZR), asked for an iPhone, got one, swiped card, flirted with cashier, walked out.

Ha ha ha ha! FU morons! :p Even at the flagship Apple Store in Manhattan, they still had some in stock this morning!

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
people are stupid, hype suckers them everytime.

Coffee Diva

Female? Nope. Meaty-breasted? You betcha!
WTF, ya cock tease, tell us about the phone!! :action-sm
This phone literally offers one-touch fellatio.

Well, okay, not really. It's actually a $600 paperweight right now. It won't do anything but make 911 calls until it's activated (no iPod, no web browsing, no nothing), and because I had an old (pre-Cingular) AT&T "Blue" cell phone plan, it's going to take ~4 hours or so for my phone number to switch over so the activation to go through.

Until then, it's very sweet looking. But it doesn't do much. I even rubbed it against my crotch. Nothin'.

I am impressed by the glass on the front, though. It appears to be super-tough and extremely hard to get scratched up.

So yeah, that's my review. Nice glass.

More when it actually starts working.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
as cool as this phone sounds, I'm not going to even remotely consider getting one for at least 3-6 months. Give them enough time to work out the bugs.

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
May 21, 2005
Philadelphia
as cool as this phone sounds, I'm not going to even remotely consider getting one for at least 3-6 months. Give them enough time to work out the bugs.
By then it'll be $100 cheaper.

Oh shit - forgot, its Apple. Probably a fixed price.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Ok...here's my deal. I have a cell phone and a 3G/UMTS data card (and a 2nd cell phone on a family plan).

Looking at it, if they add 3G support to this then it would be a no-brainer for me to get one. Especially if it can be tethered to a computer easily. Surfing online on the go is a big feature to me. Right now I pay 60$/month for that. If I could get it in a nice portable single app that doesn't involve me setting up a laptop then it would be worthwhile.

I'll see. Probably pick up the next model they have.

Nimrod

Feb 15, 2005
I already have an iPod and a cell phone. Why should i even consider buying an iPhone?

[OnA]UncleMo

Jun 27, 2007
Parker CO
I almost put this in the FU Forum, but it's an open taunt, not an expression of anger, so I'm putting it here instead.

Last night I happened to drive past my local AT&T store right before 6:00 pm (i-hour). It was raining, humid, about 85 degrees, generally nasty. There were at least twenty people waiting in line outside, and a number of them had obviously been there for at least a day or so.

Me, I casually sauntered into my local AT&T store about 11:30 this morning (Saturday). Went right up to the counter (the "line" consisted of one middle-aged hag trying to buy a carrying case for her RAZR), asked for an iPhone, got one, swiped card, flirted with cashier, walked out.

Ha ha ha ha! FU morons! :p Even at the flagship Apple Store in Manhattan, they still had some in stock this morning!

Probably a bunch of PS3 owners.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
My phone does the coolest thing!

Like ok get this. I dial a number into the phone corresponding to the person that is registered to said number, and I can actually speak to them with the phone!!!!

Isn't that amazing?

Fuck your web browsing and music. I already have a computer.

doktormoo

Apple, BMW Motorcycles, Cigar and O&A junkie.
Feb 11, 2005
Arkansas
The iPhone is pretty amazing. Got in line yesterday and had one by about 6:30 local time. Not too bad. Mine has a few overly active pixels, but other than that it works great. Apple is making it right and sending me a new one (their expense) and taking the old one back (their expense). Got stopped about 4 times today at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Organiz Co-op and restaurant. Everyone wanted to check it out. The video play back looks great. Screen is almost as big as a PSP and the resolution is clear (with the exception of the aforementioned pixels). Syncs up great with the new iTunes on my dual G5 Mac. It is the closest thing to a convergence device and websurfing on WiFi is FAST.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
The video play back looks great. Screen is almost as big as a PSP and the resolution is clear (with the exception of the aforementioned pixels).
there's a very good reason for that. The iPod sucks for watching videos. Apple knows this. They really want to get a foot into the mobile video market and this helps. Supposedly with managed copy as part of AACS they will eventually allow people to import low-res versions of movies to PSP's and iPods from BD-ROMs. I guess Sony will finally give up on UMD around that time.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY

Like ok get this. I dial a number into the phone corresponding to the person that is registered to said number, and I can actually speak to them with the phone!!!!

Isn't that amazing?

Fuck your web browsing and music. I already have a computer.

Thanks for reminding me I haven't called your cell phone in a while just for you to answer and for me to hang up:action-sm

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI

Isn't that amazing?
It is. My Cingular phone can barely do that. I want an old bag phone, those fuckers worked everywhere.

I have a nextel I 560 it calls people. and i can drop it off a roof.

Got a Nextel for workl. I like to get the direct connect numbers off the floor models in the Sprint/Nextel stores and fuck with people while they're browsing. Lame and childish? Yes. Fun? You bet.

Thanks for reminding me I haven't called your cell phone in a while just for you to answer and for me to hang up:action-sm
Doesn't he sound so pissed after about the 3rd time?

Fun fun!

And yes, I carry two cell phones. I'm a fancy man!

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
I would have been down there getting an Iphone, but it wont send pix with mms, I send stupid pix around everyday so it is a deal killer and I really need a new phone right now, my razr is dying

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Check out eBay. Apple did such a good job ramping up production that losers who thought they could make 3-400$ a phone are losing their shirts. If you pay any mark-up for one, you're a dope.

robertkeys

there is a lot of gash walking around today
Dec 3, 2004
i get drunk and drop my phone too much to consider the iphone but it does look like a pretty cool device. i too would like the original brick cell phone so if anyone has one message me and we can see if we can make a deal.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
i get drunk and drop my phone too much to consider the iphone but it does look like a pretty cool device. i too would like the original brick cell phone so if anyone has one message me and we can see if we can make a deal.
Too bad analog carriers are getting rare. You'd have a bag phone and nowhere to use it.