Hair Cuts for Retards...Big Brother contestant in trouble...

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Autism_Group_Offended_by_Big_Brother_Contestant_14194.html

A big brother contestant, when asked what he would do if he won the money, said he would open a barber shop for retards so they could get nice haircuts.. :clap:

Now of course everyone has to apologize...Hey it's reality tv, and people REALLY say things like that.
National autism advocacy group Autism United, led by its executive director John Gilmore, is demanding an apology from CBS because of one “Big Brother” contestant who made disparaging remarks regarding the condition during the show.

Gilmore says that they’ve been trying to get in touch with the CBS executives since last week’s broadcast.

On last Monday’s “Big Brother” broadcast on CBS, a contestant named Adam called the persons that suffer from autism “retards” in one of his remarks. According to the show’s website, the 29-year-old “houseguest” is a public relations manager from Delray Beach, Fla. and works for an autism foundation.

The remark referred to the fact that if Adam won the $500,000 prize he would open a hair salon for disabled persons, “so retards can get it together and get their hair done.” When another houseguest, Sheila, appeared upset with his comment, Adam replied: “Disabled kids. I can call them whatever I want. I work with them all day, OK?”

CBS has already said the contestants’ comments do not represent the networks’ opinions.

In a statement released this Monday, they say that it is a private opinion and that neither the network not the show’s producers share it: “We certainly find the statements made by Adam to be offensive but believe they were countered by the immediate reaction of shock and condemnation from a fellow houseguest, Sheila.”

This is not the first time when CBS has problems because of the reality show “Big Brother,” where about a dozen individuals are thrown together in the same living space and some kind of havoc usually ensues, as each comes with some form of “original” opinion or behavior.

During the broadcasts, many remarks regarding racism, incest, ethnicity and sexual orientation have been made. As a result, many contestants have been removed from the show.

Autism United is seeking not only an apology from CBS but some repercussions for Adam as well, citing the notorious dismissal of radio talk show host Don Imus in April 2007.

“This dehumanizing language is unacceptable,” a message posted on the group’s official website reads. “When Don Imus used racially callous language on his program CBS executives Leslie Moonves and Sumner Redstone issued an apology, fired Imus and cancelled his show.

“We call up Mr. Moonves and Mr. Redstone to issue an apology to people with autism and other developmental disabilities, fire Adam Jasinski, and cancel Big Brother.”

Autism is a brain development disorder that appears before a child turns three years old; it has a serious impact on social interaction and communication.

On the net: http://www.autismunited.org/

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
National Autism Advocacy Group...NAAG nag nag nag that's all they do.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
So they don't want retards to have nice haircuts? That's just mean.

maz

TRueWDTer
somewhere Moe Howard
is rolling over
in his grave

JMCC

I thought retard was the proper term? Am I missing something...

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
I thought it was glass licker?

ha...listening to todays show and just realized they did this story at like 6:45am...

Reality tv is REAL

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Fuck CBS. Those people live in that house 24/7 and CBS only has to come up with 3 hours of programming a week. They included this particular conversation specifically to get people talking about the show. They wanted a controversy.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Fuck CBS. Those people live in that house 24/7 and CBS only has to come up with 3 hours of programming a week. They included this particular conversation specifically to get people talking about the show. They wanted a controversy.
Agreed....plus they did a terrible job of casting for the show, so it is unwatchable unless there is an insane amount of controversy/fights going on. I watched the first two episodes since I've heard R&F talk about the show occasionally in the past....and frankly, I see no appeal whatsoever. At least with Survivor and some of the other similar reality shows, you get people who seem like real people, even through editing.

Top Bottom