Half in the Bag...

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Is my wife a dwarf?
No she was normal sized. She didn’t say a word and I got the sense it was in her best interests not to. Your son was about your height. You were real serious and made them say all kinds of prayers before you ate. Then you saw me peeping in your window and got up and closed the shade. It was awkward because it took a while for your lil legs to get to the window.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
No she was normal sized. She didn’t say a word and I got the sense it was in her best interests not to. Your son was about your height. You were real serious and made them say all kinds of prayers before you ate. Then you saw me peeping in your window and got up and closed the shade. It was awkward because it took a while for your lil legs to get to the window.
I love a good story. Especially biographies.

Pigdango

Donator
Part of the reason I haven't is I'm not sure I ever want to sit through JL again. I wonder if that's how Flash and Lids feel about Ready Player One?

Part of the reason I haven't is I'm not sure I ever want to sit through JL again. I wonder if that's how Flash and Lids feel about Ready Player One?
I want to watch it because I usually watch all these movies twice. Invariably you miss stuff the first time and I get a better overall impression of a movie the second time through. I'm not saying I'll love JL all of a sudden, but I currently don't really have any opinion about it at all. I clearly didn't love it or even like it but I don't really have a fully formed opinion on how bad it is, why it is bad, and how it stacks up against, say, BVS.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
Did anyone listen to the JL commentary track? I thought the Rogue One commentary was just ok. A couple of good laughs, but none I can even remember.
I really laughed from the R1 one. Justice League is okay, not hysterical, but fun. Part of it might be me just liking having them around so it's worth it to me. I find their voices comforting.

I should clarify that I don't rewatch the movies. I use them like a Podcast.

LiddyRules

I don't have a problem sitting through RPO again because I know by 40 minutes in I'll probably zone out until the end.

LiddyRules

I should add that I like in The Room commentary Jay saying he thought Peter looked like David Wain, because I always thought the same thing.

Pigdango

Donator
I want to watch it because I usually watch all these movies twice. Invariably you miss stuff the first time and I get a better overall impression of a movie the second time through. I'm not saying I'll love JL all of a sudden, but I currently don't really have any opinion about it at all. I clearly didn't love it or even like it but I don't really have a fully formed opinion on how bad it is, why it is bad, and how it stacks up against, say, BVS.
I'm sure I posted this in the thread, but in case you didn't see it - I saw this with my friend that you met. As we were walking out, I was telling him my general thoughts. I started off by saying it was ok, then I said that I didn't like how jumbled the first chunk of the movie was. I felt like it sacrificed too much of the story in favor of simply introducing the characters. It was all just this vague 'something is coming' crap. It's clear Whedon tried to add a few scenes to establish a story (The Batman vs the Parademon scene at the beginning and the Wonder Woman voiceover both seemed like they were added.) but there just wasn't one. Just a disjointed montage of here's a person, something's coming. The entire sequence where they resurrected Superman was disturbing bordering on offensive. For the rest of my life I'll ponder what Zack Snyder was trying to accomplish with Superman over these three movies and why WB let him do it. And the CGI shitfest battle with Steppenwolf was probably the lowpoint of the entire DCEU, and that's really saying something coming from me. He stopped me and said "So the only things you didn't like about the movie were the beginning, middle, and end?"

And that pretty much sums up my feelings.

LiddyRules

I'm sure I posted this in the thread, but in case you didn't see it - I saw this with my friend that you met. As we were walking out, I was telling him my general thoughts. I started off by saying it was ok, then I said that I didn't like how jumbled the first chunk of the movie was. I felt like it sacrificed too much of the story in favor of simply introducing the characters. It was all just this vague 'something is coming' crap. It's clear Whedon tried to add a few scenes to establish a story (The Batman vs the Parademon scene at the beginning and the Wonder Woman voiceover both seemed like they were added.) but there just wasn't one. Just a disjointed montage of here's a person, something's coming. The entire sequence where they resurrected Superman was disturbing bordering on offensive. For the rest of my life I'll ponder what Zack Snyder was trying to accomplish with Superman over these three movies and why WB let him do it. And the CGI shitfest battle with Steppenwolf was probably the lowpoint of the entire DCEU, and that's really saying something coming from me. He stopped me and said "So the only things you didn't like about the movie were the beginning, middle, and end?"

And that pretty much sums up my feelings.
It wasn't an interesting bad like BvS, it was bleh. But I liked Mike's comparison to a Saturday morning cartoon show.

And if you didn't see my post in the JL thread, HISHE drops today.

Pigdango

Donator
It wasn't an interesting bad like BvS, it was bleh. But I liked Mike's comparison to a Saturday morning cartoon show.

And if you didn't see my post in the JL thread, HISHE drops today.
I'm 35 years removed from watching Saturday morning cartoons, but I don't remember a single episode of any of them where they dig up a corpse and then stick it in water and electrocute it back to life and then it tries to kill them until some woman shows up.

Snyder and WB's obsession with killing Superman and bringing him back to life is what makes it an interesting bad like BvS, because they're obviously tied together by this horrible mistake.

LiddyRules

I'm 35 years removed from watching Saturday morning cartoons, but I don't remember a single episode of any of them where they dig up a corpse and then stick it in water and electrocute it back to life and then it tries to kill them until some woman shows up.

Snyder and WB's obsession with killing Superman and bringing him back to life is what makes it an interesting bad like BvS, because they're obviously tied together by this horrible mistake.
What makes it not interesting is how quickly they glossed over his death. They realized that was a mistake, but instead of thinking what they can do with it, they just ignored it. I don't know what would have been the better approach.

Pigdango

Donator
What makes it not interesting is how quickly they glossed over his death. They realized that was a mistake, but instead of thinking what they can do with it, they just ignored it. I don't know what would have been the better approach.
The better approach would have been to truly gloss over it. Just have him show up and say a little bit of light got into the coffin to start the healing process. As it was it felt like his absence and return took up the majority of the movie - time that could have been better served establishing the new characters and Steppenwolf and actually telling a story. And I think that's what Whedon tried to do, it just couldn't be done with what Snyder left him because in Snyder's version Zombie Superman was clearly intended to be the primary villain of the movie.

LiddyRules

The better approach would have been to truly gloss over it. Just have him show up and say a little bit of light got into the coffin to start the healing process. As it was it felt like his absence and return took up the majority of the movie - time that could have been better served establishing the new characters and Steppenwolf and actually telling a story. And I think that's what Whedon tried to do, it just couldn't be done with what Snyder left him because in Snyder's version Zombie Superman was clearly intended to be the primary villain of the movie.
But then how would we learn about the power of the Motherboxes?

LiddyRules

Was Cyborg in the movie? Maybe they could have put him in there and used him to show the power of the Motherboxes.
Remember when he turned the Batmobile into a spider and ran away?

Their gripes about A Quiet Place seem kinda petty. Like they really don't want to just praise something that everyone else is praising.