Half in the Bag...

Bobobie

When you examine any of these post apocalyptic scenarios too closely they fall apart. The goal is to create a reality that they can create drama around.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Their gripes about A Quiet Place seem kinda petty. Like they really don't want to just praise something that everyone else is praising.
If you tell me they’re stealing my contrarian bit I may have to rip my shirt off...

Pigdango

Donator
No haha. What is their review of it like?
Fuck those guys. I gave it a 5/10. Lids gave it a 0/10. We need to know which one you’re closer to. And no cheating and giving it a 2.5...

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Fuck those guys. I gave it a 5/10. Lids gave it a 0/10. We need to know which one you’re closer to. And no cheating and giving it a 2.5...
Wow Lids gave it a zero? And you both sorta enjoyed the book right? I remember it being a hit for the book club before we all became jaded about pop culture references.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Wow Lids gave it a zero? And you both sorta enjoyed the book right? I remember it being a hit for the book club before we all became jaded about pop culture references.
@Pigdango is being a silly boy

I think I'd give it a 5 out of 10 too - but with one of those Men in Black memory erasers since pratically nothing stick with you about it.

Pigdango

Donator
No Lids had turned on the book before the movie came out. Armada and the 372 pages podcast have him about as anti Cline as a person can get.

Oddly enough, his chief complaint about the movie? Not enough pop culture references.

LiddyRules

Nigga you said it stunk!
It stunk but I didn't hate it. It wasn't like Ghost in the Shell where I was itching to get out of the theater. Using The Weekly Planet metrics, if I fell asleep in a theater and I woke up and it was playing, would I stay? Probably. It was just passable enough, but that doesn't make it good, it makes it passable. But passable can also stink.

And there's one thing that I'll give the movie credit for. Ben Mendelson's avatar. I hate character creators, and I like that it looked like he just kept hitting enter on "default model." That was quite possibly the most genuine character moment of the film.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
I want to watch this. Haven't seen the movie. Is the movie interesting enough I should care about spoilers?

LiddyRules

#MeToo

Mike just likes bad movies.
I liked how all 3 had different reactions and even the most positive one was because Rich hates Star Wars.

I also thought Maya Rudolph.

Listening to TWP,

And them going into detail about Darth Maul in Rebels and how great it is even though I'll never watch it and continuity - if Maul is a hit, do you think Disney will care about how it lines up with the cartoons going forward? Because I can't imagine they will forgo the Ultimate Obi Maul Duel because of an animated series.

#MeToo

I liked how all 3 had different reactions and even the most positive one was because Rich hates Star Wars.

I also thought Maya Rudolph.

Listening to TWP,

And them going into detail about Darth Maul in Rebels and how great it is even though I'll never watch it and continuity - if Maul is a hit, do you think Disney will care about how it lines up with the cartoons going forward? Because I can't imagine they will forgo the Ultimate Obi Maul Duel because of an animated series.
Darth Maul being in this movie is the only regret I have about not seeing it. I think my reaction would have either been uttering under my breath, "You got to be kidding me" with the eye roll or letting out a huge sigh of disgust.

From what I heard on TWP, Rebels takes place four-five years before ANH. So there is still plenty of room in the timeline for Disney to shoehorn Darth Maul into the Obi Wan movie.