Half Life 2: Episode 2

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
Sooo.....who's all pre-ordered and ready to roll at midnight on the 9th?

I've had good luck with Steam so I've been bypassing the retail versions which makes life easier.

Anyhow.....An early review from PC Gamer gives it a 94%. A couple of people I used to work with at a gaming site who've played it say that the gameplay clocks in a little longer than EP1 and the combat leans towards large open spaces similar to the latter half of EP1. The gameplay and storyline are (I'm told) more fleshed out and intense. Good news.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
I think I'll go pre-order now. Seems like years since Epi 1.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
They keep pushing that stupid Orange Box. Everything I already have and don't want. What a deal! I think I'm actually going to wait a few weeks for Episode Two to drop to $10 like Episode one did. Episode I was so short that it was never worth $30, let alone $40 for EPisode 2.

KakTheInfected

Mar 10, 2005
I remember seeing video of the outdoor battles like a year ago or some shit. It looked so much fun, can't wait for it. Gotta turn that motion blur off though, it's the dumbest, ugliest and most useless effect that's ever been used in games. Why do developers think it looks good?

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
I preloaded it the other day, im loving Team Fortress 2 and cant wait to play Episode 2 and Portal.
To be honest I'm enjoying Fortress Forever more than TF2. FF is insanely fast and is a bit deeper. I love the art style on TF2 but that can only hold your interest for so long.

Mommadeez4u

Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
They keep pushing that stupid Orange Box. Everything I already have and don't want. What a deal! I think I'm actually going to wait a few weeks for Episode Two to drop to $10 like Episode one did. Episode I was so short that it was never worth $30, let alone $40 for EPisode 2.
Yeah, I already own every one of those games in TOB. How does one just by Episode 2? I don't see anywhere to do that.

Snake2k9

C'mon Sonnen.
Apr 20, 2004
Staten Island
You'll be able to buy each orange box game seperately just as CS:S is available seperate from HL:2 even though it was sold together when HL:2 was first released.

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
I don't think I've upgraded my computer since half life 2 came out. I remember episode 1 pushing it a little bit. I wish I could just buy EP2 on its own but I wonder how long that will be. Wonder if I should just buy it for 360/ps3 instead.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
I don't think I've upgraded my computer since half life 2 came out. I remember episode 1 pushing it a little bit. I wish I could just buy EP2 on its own but I wonder how long that will be. Wonder if I should just buy it for 360/ps3 instead.
you are gonna have to turn down some settings with EP2 if you had some trouble with 1. This uses a new source engine that is a little more advanced and taxing on systems. Overall though you should be fine.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Yeah, but if you rebuy them then you get the added bonus of Pre-loading the game. You don't wait those xtra 1-2 hours while it downloads the day the game is released. Great deal!!!

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
I went to Gamestop today and the manager said if you want episode 2 only you have to download it from Steam otherwise they are only selling the Orange box.I believe at 12 AM you can get it on Steam tonight.

KakTheInfected

Mar 10, 2005
Only a few hours to go :) I can't decide if I wanna play Ep2 or Portal first though.

KakTheInfected

Mar 10, 2005
Damn I guess you're right. Well it's not like I don't have anything to hold me over till then. TF2 is godly.

Mommadeez4u

Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
I went to Gamestop today and the manager said if you want episode 2 only you have to download it from Steam otherwise they are only selling the Orange box.I believe at 12 AM you can get it on Steam tonight.
thanks stalker I'll look for it

South Jersey

I told you so ... too
Sep 14, 2004
South Jersey
What bullshit!!!!! :mad4:

balt

ok terrific
Apr 11, 2005
You've never heard of it.
Honestly if you are interested in at least 2 of the new products coming out with Orange Box (TF2, Portal, Episode 2) then just buy the Orange Box instead of purchasing them separately.

Yeah, Orange Box comes with a copy of HL2 and EP1 which many of us already have, but buying the new stuff separately will cost you a lot more than Orange Box. I think TF2 alone is like $30 WITHOUT Portal or Episode 2.

M

movros99

4 more hours.

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
Wow, just checked out Circuit City's website and you can get the game for $37.99. Not sure if thats online only but you should be able to do instore pickup. If so, I'm buying it for sure. I was originally thinking of downloading EP2 from Steam for $30 but $8 for everything else is too good to pass up.

I got my 360 back yesterday and tried out Halo 3. I really do hate FPS on consoles. No way I'm buying orange box for anything but PC, even if I do have to turn some settings down.