Halloween (2018)

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...ll-return-as-laurie-strode-in-2018s-halloween

It was over two years ago that Blumhouse announced they were set to bring the next chapter in the Halloween franchise to the big screen and have continued to turn heads with their ideas for the project. Their latest announcement is definitely intriguing as they’ve confirmed Jamie Lee Curtis will return to the franchise that kicked off her career and she will once again be playing the iconic role of Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers.

Fans are likely scratching their heads at this revelation, since Curtis’ character was unceremoniously killed off in Halloween: Resurrection in 2002, but in true Halloween franchise fashion it would appear that the film will be ignoring the continuity of many of the sequels in favor of telling its own story. Curtis has previously appeared in four films in the series, including the 1978 original, its 1981 sequel, 1998’s Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, and Resurrection.

David Gordon Green (Pineapple Express, Your Highness) will direct Halloween and co-write the script for the film with Danny McBride (yes, Eastbound & Down star Danny McBride).

Carpenter will executive produce with Malek Akkad producing for Trancas and Jason Blum producing for Blumhouse. Green and McBride will also executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner. Zanne Devine and David Thwaites will oversee for Miramax which is co-financing with Blumhouse.

The film will arrive in theaters from Universal Pictures on October 19, 2018, forty years after the premiere of the original film.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...strode-in-2018s-halloween#BXAyvapskXK33qmX.99

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Jesus, I guess Laurie Strode IS Michael's sister; bitch can't be fucking killed.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...ll-return-as-laurie-strode-in-2018s-halloween

It was over two years ago that Blumhouse announced they were set to bring the next chapter in the Halloween franchise to the big screen and have continued to turn heads with their ideas for the project. Their latest announcement is definitely intriguing as they’ve confirmed Jamie Lee Curtis will return to the franchise that kicked off her career and she will once again be playing the iconic role of Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers.

Fans are likely scratching their heads at this revelation, since Curtis’ character was unceremoniously killed off in Halloween: Resurrection in 2002, but in true Halloween franchise fashion it would appear that the film will be ignoring the continuity of many of the sequels in favor of telling its own story. Curtis has previously appeared in four films in the series, including the 1978 original, its 1981 sequel, 1998’s Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, and Resurrection.

David Gordon Green (Pineapple Express, Your Highness) will direct Halloween and co-write the script for the film with Danny McBride (yes, Eastbound & Down star Danny McBride).

Carpenter will executive produce with Malek Akkad producing for Trancas and Jason Blum producing for Blumhouse. Green and McBride will also executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner. Zanne Devine and David Thwaites will oversee for Miramax which is co-financing with Blumhouse.

The film will arrive in theaters from Universal Pictures on October 19, 2018, forty years after the premiere of the original film.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...strode-in-2018s-halloween#BXAyvapskXK33qmX.99
Strangely interested.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Apparently they're ignoring everything post Halloween 2 and making this a sequel to that one. Works for me; the franchise got retarded after that anyway.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
Apparently they're ignoring everything post Halloween 2 and making this a sequel to that one. Works for me; the franchise got retarded after that anyway.
So this is now the second soft reboot with JLC.

Eh, just get the fucking mask right and light the damn film so you never see Michael's eyes through the mask. It's amazing how many directors have fucked up those details.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Thought it was Carol from the new season of TWD.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Was somewhat interested til saw they had to shoehorn that annoying cunt. She doesn't even need to say or do anything and she'll irritate the shit out of me.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Something holier-than-thou about her that drives me bonkers.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Wouldn't Michael be like in his 80s? Chasing his sister down the street in his Jazzy?

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Eh, i like all the Halloween's.. even the bad are good (to laugh at).

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
I never saw any of them past 3..and the remake.
I though 4 was mostly good. Would have been a lot better if they got the mask right though. Past that, meh. I lot of people thought H20 was good, but again, mask looked awful.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
http://www.darkhorizons.com/halloween-reboot-to-ignore-the-second-film/

Halloween” Reboot To Ignore The Second Film
By
Garth FranklinThursday, October 12th 2017 4:35 am

Those in charge of the upcoming new “Halloween” film, namely director/co-writer David Gordon Green and co-writer/producer Danny McBride, have previously indicated that the new entry is ignoring most of the sequels in the series in favour of a follow-up to the John Carpenter-directed original.

Carpenter is famously getting involved again in the franchise, having sat out the series in any capacity since the third film. In a recent Q&A via Stereogum, he opened up and addressed Jamie Lee Curtis’ involvement and surprisingly revealed the film will only acknowledging the first movie in the series:

“[Jamie Lee Curtis] talked to the director. Her part was written into the script and they had this idea — it’s kind of a… I don’t know how to describe it. It’s almost an alternative reality. It picks up after the first one, and it pretends that none of the other [sequels] were made. It’s gonna be fun. There’s a really talented director and it was well-written. I’m impressed.”

The news is a surprise. The third film is a standalone feature not tied to the series, and the fourth onwards are set years later, so both can effectively be ignored without issue.

The second on the other hand is inexorably tied to the first film and showcases the second half of the same night, picking up on the first film’s cliffhanger ending. It was also penned, produced and scored by Carpenter who also did some reshoots of director Rick Rosenthal’s work so it was hardly lacking his involvement.

If this is the case though, then Laurie last saw Michael fall from a second storey window after being shot by Dr. Loomisin 1978. It renders Michael more human, as the character didn’t become effectively immortal to injuries that would kill normal men until the second.

It also effectively renders his blood relationship to Laurie in the mythology void because that story element didn’t come into play until the sequel. The new “Halloween” returns to cinemas on October 19 next year.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
http://www.darkhorizons.com/halloween-reboot-to-ignore-the-second-film/

Halloween” Reboot To Ignore The Second Film
By
Garth FranklinThursday, October 12th 2017 4:35 am

Those in charge of the upcoming new “Halloween” film, namely director/co-writer David Gordon Green and co-writer/producer Danny McBride, have previously indicated that the new entry is ignoring most of the sequels in the series in favour of a follow-up to the John Carpenter-directed original.

Carpenter is famously getting involved again in the franchise, having sat out the series in any capacity since the third film. In a recent Q&A via Stereogum, he opened up and addressed Jamie Lee Curtis’ involvement and surprisingly revealed the film will only acknowledging the first movie in the series:

“[Jamie Lee Curtis] talked to the director. Her part was written into the script and they had this idea — it’s kind of a… I don’t know how to describe it. It’s almost an alternative reality. It picks up after the first one, and it pretends that none of the other [sequels] were made. It’s gonna be fun. There’s a really talented director and it was well-written. I’m impressed.”

The news is a surprise. The third film is a standalone feature not tied to the series, and the fourth onwards are set years later, so both can effectively be ignored without issue.

The second on the other hand is inexorably tied to the first film and showcases the second half of the same night, picking up on the first film’s cliffhanger ending. It was also penned, produced and scored by Carpenter who also did some reshoots of director Rick Rosenthal’s work so it was hardly lacking his involvement.

If this is the case though, then Laurie last saw Michael fall from a second storey window after being shot by Dr. Loomisin 1978. It renders Michael more human, as the character didn’t become effectively immortal to injuries that would kill normal men until the second.

It also effectively renders his blood relationship to Laurie in the mythology void because that story element didn’t come into play until the sequel. The new “Halloween” returns to cinemas on October 19 next year.
Yeah that's fascinating. Again, just make the goddamn mask look like the one in the first two and don't ever let his eyes be visible in the mask.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
http://www.darkhorizons.com/original-myers-actor-returns-in-new-halloween/

Original Myers Actor Returns In New “Halloween”
Wednesday, December 20th 2017 11:37 am

Forty years after he terrorised Jamie Lee Curtis’ Laurie Strode in the original, actor Nick Castle is reprising the role of ‘The Shape’ – the masked killer Michael Myers in the new “Halloween” film.

Bloody Disgusting broke the casting news, confirming the actor, director, and screenwriter is returning to the role in the David Gordon Green-directed film from Blumhouse Productions and Universal Pictures.

A direct sequel to John Carpenter’s 1978 original that ignores all the other sequels, Curtis reprises her role alongside Judy Greer and Andi Matichak as her onscreen daughter and granddaughter respectively.

Additionally, stunt performer and actor James Jude Courtney has also been cast to play Myers for select scenes. Castle shared the role with Tony Moran in the original.

Carpenter will score, executive produce and serves as a consultant on the film which will be released on Friday, October 19th 2018.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
http://www.darkhorizons.com/original-myers-actor-returns-in-new-halloween/

Original Myers Actor Returns In New “Halloween”
Wednesday, December 20th 2017 11:37 am

Forty years after he terrorised Jamie Lee Curtis’ Laurie Strode in the original, actor Nick Castle is reprising the role of ‘The Shape’ – the masked killer Michael Myers in the new “Halloween” film.

Bloody Disgusting broke the casting news, confirming the actor, director, and screenwriter is returning to the role in the David Gordon Green-directed film from Blumhouse Productions and Universal Pictures.

A direct sequel to John Carpenter’s 1978 original that ignores all the other sequels, Curtis reprises her role alongside Judy Greer and Andi Matichak as her onscreen daughter and granddaughter respectively.

Additionally, stunt performer and actor James Jude Courtney has also been cast to play Myers for select scenes. Castle shared the role with Tony Moran in the original.

Carpenter will score, executive produce and serves as a consultant on the film which will be released on Friday, October 19th 2018.
Hmmmm. It seems like they may actually be putting some effort into this one. But I can't stress enough, if they fuck up the mask, it at falls apart.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
Not sure what to think. All I ask is that they don’t fuck up the mask. But if they can do a good version of what the original mask would look like 40 years later, it could be interesting. But that doesn’t look like it. It’s like Michael Myers as an old man.