Halloween now and then

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
Anyone else notice the pure chaotic fun of halloween is gone? I guess I sort of like it now that I'm too old for it, but some part of me is bitter towards the fact that I miss out on the other end now... chasing the little fucker who pelted my car with eggs, or shot me with shaving cream from a can that shoots 10 feet. Anyone see how it's all gone now, or is it me? I also grew up in NY, and left a while ago, so maybe this only happens there? Is it still happening? I remember back in the late 80's-early 90's when I was in school, the streets were like a war zone for teens. There was shaving cream and eggs covering everything. If you were in middle school, you were fucked, because all the high school kids would be ready and waiting with an arsenal of eggs, shaving cream, flour socks, and fire extinguisers filled with various liquids. I remember one year in queens, my crew (like 8 of us) wandered by another group just as big. We started yelling shit at each other. Before you know it, things started flying. Me and a friend went up to the top of my godmothers building (9th floor) and unloaded about 2 dozen eggs on them. Later that night, we all went up there and pelted buses. What the hell happened to all of this stuff?:huh:

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I was just talking to my mom about this the other night.

Kids walk around and probably do little shit, but nothing happens like when I was a kid, and I'm only 24.

I used to live in a town that was a little more urban and there was a bit more going on, but where I'm at now nothing happens.

HockeyHelmet

eugoogoolizer..you know one who speaks at funerals
Nov 24, 2004
Valley Stream
Yea its slowed down a lot it seems. In junior high we couldn't go out for lunch really without all the seniors from the high school bombarding the shit out of us with eggs from there car. Shit they would throw them at us from the students parking lot....rest assure we had our turn when in the high school. I just don't see it anymore. Not one broken egg this year by the house or my car. Though with the way valley stream is turning I should be happy my car was still there. Ooffaaa is it getting there.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
Thank god other people are seeing this and I'm not going crazy. I should be happy, but it feels like part of halloween has died. I don't want to have to deal with it, but at the same time, it feels the same way my first time I spent christmas in FL... just wrong. I'm 31, and I rember feeling like it was downright dangerous going out alone as a middle school/high school kid. Now, just as with EVERYTHING else, it feels as though it has been made "safe" for everyone.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
It's the complete loss of common sense.

20 years ago if a cop caught a kid throwing an egg at a car on Halloween he would have snickered, scared the shit out of the kid like he was going to arrest him, and tell him to go home or he was going to call his parents. Funny part? he didn't even ask where the kid lives, because he didn't give a shit. It was a small thing, and no use wasting time on something that really didn't hurt anyone.

Now days? The cop arrests the kid, calls CPS to investigate the kid's parents to find out how they possibly could have raised such a delinquent, and even though everyone's obviously completely innocent, they're going to have to spend $10,000 proving that.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Here's "safety"... my older nephews are 17 & 18 ... when the older was was 15, my brother-in-law, a retired NYPD officer, overheard a conversation they were having and picked up the words shaving cream and eggs. He immediately jumped to the conclusion that the boys were planning on going egging (they were talking about some of the kids at school who are not in their social circle but the b-i-l didn't hear that part of the conversation). Since the b-i-l didn't want the boys getting into trouble, he went out, bought a few cans of shaving cream & allowed the boys to spray each other in the driveway. The boys had fun but I think it was carrying "safety" to the Nth degree

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
I'm 21 now and I saw alot less shti happen this year...When I was like 14/15 It was crazy.. I hate Halloween myself these days...I hate the dress up crap..The kids coming to the doors don't bother me. Its the immature Grownups dressing up acting like assholes...and Of course the females all look hot cuz they dress slutty.But I was in the city the sat before Halloween and I There must have been thousands of girls dressed like whores and it really bothered me. Sure Its nice to look at but there attention sluts.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I took my parents out to dinner on Wednesday. Our waitress was a slutty girl scout and the waiter for the table next to ours was a guy dressed up as a blonde woman complete with slinky black dress and high heeled pumps. Unless he spoke you would've thought he really was a woman. L'il Jimmy would've loved him

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
The only toilet paper a saw this year was 2 strands over a tree branch

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
May 23, 2005
eh, just do what i do. go to a club or bar, get plastered, and hit on every girl in a hot costume.

but if you're in the Village in NYC that night, i'd use more discretion when it comes to that last part. :icon_eek:

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I asked people here whether they have Mischief Night or Hell nightand I got blank looks...like what is that?....I miss the corners egg fights we used to have between the Dunmore and Green Ridge kids back in Scranton....

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I drove my 5yo boy all over this town of 900 and saw no fun. Next morning, the town was spotless, no soaped windows, no TP, no toilet in Main Street.

The local paper has a 100 years ago column and this week talks about groups of teenaged boys turning over everyone's outhouse, like they had for the past several years. Since those fellows would be around 116 now, they have settled down a bit and nobody does anything now.

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Not a single KISS costume to be seen. When i was a kid there was 30 homemade KISS costume kids on every street. We worked on them for weeks prior. Silver spraypainted carboard, old leather coats cut up and fake carboard spikes. And the shittiest make up ever. But damnit, we had fun.....

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
^^^ what does that have to do with mischeif on halloween?

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Not a single KISS costume to be seen. When i was a kid there was 30 homemade KISS costume kids on every street. We worked on them for weeks prior. Silver spraypainted carboard, old leather coats cut up and fake carboard spikes. And the shittiest make up ever. But damnit, we had fun.....
KISS?? Dude, this is 2007, not 1987. You're not going to see 3 KISS costumes let alone 30. Stop living in the past. :action-sm

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
KISS?? Dude, this is 2007, not 1987. You're not going to see 3 KISS costumes let alone 30. Stop living in the past. :action-sm
The name of the thead was "Then and Now, I chose "Then"! You can't stop me man! Opressor!

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
The name of the thead was "Then and Now, I chose "Then"! You can't stop me man! Opressor!
But if you read Sobi's opening post - it was about mischief then and mischief now. And even going by the wording of your post, it's like you were disappointed that there were no KISS costumes this year.

Carry on then .... never let it be said that Ma is an oppressor. Just trying to set you on the right track but if you "choose" to live in the past or "choose" to post without knowing what the thread is about, I can't stop you. Now, go to your room and think about that mr. man :haha7::haha7: