Hamburger spices?

NotSoFast

I have the Foreman with the adjustable temp dial and removable grill plates. Easy cleaning. Also came with a griddle plate and waffle iron plates.

maz

TRueWDTer
I have the Foreman with the adjustable temp dial and removable grill plates. Easy cleaning. Also came with a griddle plate and waffle iron plates.
I'm jealous
Mine is probably 20 years old , or more
Not sure when they 1st came out

Family/Large size
Non-Stick coating is worn out
Non-Removable plates make it a bit messy to clean
Still makes some juicy burgers though

I'm due for a new one
Hello Amazon

Chip Spackler

Donator
I'm jealous
Mine is probably 20 years old , or more
Not sure when they 1st came out

Family/Large size
Non-Stick coating is worn out
Non-Removable plates make it a bit messy to clean
Still makes some juicy burgers though

I'm due for a new one
Hello Amazon
I got my small one about 15 years ago and it's still going strong.

Edit: I use the plastic cleaning tool as a back scratcher.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Angus, longhorn, limousin, hereford, simmental... oh, SPICES.

Still no boo button with the last update?

DiggerNick

Donator
Most bottled spice blends have MSG in them. MSG is good shit. Buy it from an Asian grocer and put about half a teaspoon of it in your burger mix with some good salt.

Umami like a motherfucker!

NotSoFast

5 Removable plates
That's a lotta plates
Check out Mickey 5 Plates over here
Standard top and bottom, top and bottom waffle iron plates, bottom griddle plate for eggs, bacon, etc. Plenty 'O Plates.

Bobobie

Cooked on a BBQ Grill or grilled in the oven. Never fry on a stove top.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
As the chiropractor said, fat, I prefer bacon grease a nice blob of bacon grease, or, if you grind your own freeze some bacon and grind that then incorporate it into the burger. Oh and I generally hate burgers, I'm a big fan of using "meat loaf mix" for my burgers if I am forced to make them and a "burger press" that shit needs to be pressed tight or else it will just crumble
thats what i do. i do a 1/2lbs of bacon for 2.5lbs of good 70/30 beef. then just salt and pepper. i also press my patties using a dinner plate on the bottom and the bottom side of a dinner plate as the press cause the ring on the bottom is patty size. as for buns i prefer a martins potato roll

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Completely disagree. Grills are great but I prefer to use a cast iron pan on the stove and just simple S&P

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Yea, a nice greased up rocket hot cast iron pan, is a great way to do a burger, sometimes the "char" of the grill and the grease flare ups give them "off" tastes

NotSoFast

Grilled? Of course. Oven so it's as bland as humanly possible other than boiling? No thanks. Give me a red hot cast iron skillet and the flavor that the char brings.

mrbucket75

You guys are all amateurs. Look at 1/3 pound per person. For each pound of 80/20 in a large mixing bowl mix 2 large tablespoons of minced onions, tablespoon of garlic salt and 1 table spoon of Cabelas Mountain Man Bourbon Rub (or similar). Mix with your hands together, every other mix with hands, rotate 4 times. Take equal portions and put on wax paper, push down to make patties. If you are doing traditional buns or onion rolls (recommended), you will want to push down to 1/2 inch past bun to either in size. cook on grill 325 to 350, 3 minutes a side, add cheese on last flip. Toast buns with butter on grill last 5 minutes. Up to you on fixings.

Bobobie

Completely disagree. Grills are great but I prefer to use a cast iron pan on the stove and just simple S&P
I've done it every which way. Seared in a skillet then into oven, same as steak, is about the third best way to cook it, second best is straight on the oven grates covered tin foil, but the best is cooked over briquets.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I've done it every which way. Seared in a skillet then into oven, same as steak, is about the third best way to cook it, second best is straight on the oven grates covered tin foil, but the best is cooked over briquets.
Don't get me wrong. I love a grilled burger. If it's done well. For me, I like it rare so I don't need to give it any oven time.

In the oven do you mean under the broiler or just baked/roasted?

ChimneyFish

Believe it or not, it's just meeee
Once I tried the Bobby Flay method, I won't cook a burger any other way. Never had a flare up once, and it gives the burger that lovely meat-rainbow effect on the inside. Pink in the middle fading to a grey, and then a nice little char on the outside. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/perfect-burger-recipe-1957542
Usually just salt and black & white pepper. Sometimes I go a little nuts and add a little garlic and onion powders.(I don't put salad on top of my burger. Meat+cheese+bun.) The peppers, garlic and onion powder have to be from Penzey's. https://www.penzeys.com/ Penzey's Über Alles!