Hangovers

CaraC

A real giirrrrllllllllllllllllll
Jun 1, 2005
MA
When Ant was describing a hangover to Patrice today I realized how many times I, and Im sure most of you, have experienced that shitty feeling...

I will say, from my experience, that the "Chaser" pills WORK... I tested them out a couple yrs ago on New Yrs at a hotel party... a guaranteed-to-get-TRASHED night... took 2 when I started drinking then 2 every 4 drinks or something like that, and woke up at 8am excited to take a shower and go get breakfast in the restaurant downstairs... sure, you shit black for a day or so, but I think it is definitely worth it...

What are some of your worst hangover stories? BEST hangover solutions???

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I make sure for about every three-four drunk I have to just have a glass of water. And to have a good not too heavy meal before I start really drinking. Never had a real hangover.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
I've heard a lot people say those pills work. I have my own methods: I drink water before going to bed. Gatorade the next day, and a big breakfast and I'm usually ok.

CaraC

Jun 1, 2005
MA
I've heard a lot people say those pills work. I have my own methods: I drink water before going to bed. Gatorade the next day, and a big breakfast and I'm usually ok.
Usually if I have a big breakfast the next day after a big drinking night, even with gatorade, I will either puke it back up or fall back to sleep IMMEDIATELY after finishing it... the Chaser pills work FANTASTIC... Ive used them many more times than just that one New Yrs.... but believe me it would be a lot cheaper to just have a big breakfast... :icon_redf

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY
Only girls and fags get hangovers.

It's from drinking all that sugary liquor.

CaraC

Jun 1, 2005
MA
Only girls and fags get hangovers.

It's from drinking all that sugary liquor.
I only drink beer (wine on the weekdays but don't get a hangover from it)... and the occasional shot...

TEXAS TRUCKER

Yay! Sigs are back!
Jan 27, 2005
Freshman year several of us went into Dallas on a Saturday night to party. I woke up laying fully clothed in the dorm shower with the cold water running on me on TUESDAY morning. Don't have the foggiest idea how I got there or how long I was under the running water. Ahhhhh the good old days.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i drink almost only top shelf vodka now. i get less intense hang overs that i do drinking any thing else, or i drink guinness

Fat Opie

Brother-In-Sin
Mar 5, 2006
I've never had a hangover. I don't drink often but when I do, the three things I drink are red wine, champagne and tequila shots. All are known hangover producers. Go figure.

I usually feel hungover when I've been out late and didn't drink. I think its just a combination of lack of sleep and dehydration in those cases.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
yeah.. lack of sleep + dehydration = hangover

add alcohol and you have the trifecta.

Gig friday, wake up monday.:action-sm

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
best hangover "cure" for me (way back in the day when I drank) was a half of an orange xanax (.5 mg). Smoothed things over nicely.

a few dozen bloody mary's never hurt either....:action-sm

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Usually if I have a big breakfast the next day after a big drinking night, even with gatorade, I will either puke it back up or fall back to sleep IMMEDIATELY after finishing it... the Chaser pills work FANTASTIC... Ive used them many more times than just that one New Yrs.... but believe me it would be a lot cheaper to just have a big breakfast... :icon_redf
Jesus how much do these pills cost?

CaraC

Jun 1, 2005
MA

bigrrrr

Nov 23, 2007
I always drink a big glass of water before i go to sleep.

I dont know if it actually works

CaraC

Jun 1, 2005
MA
I always drink a big glass of water before i go to sleep.

I dont know if it actually works
I do too... but it never seems to work for me...

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
I miss the day when I could wake up late, have a beer and go back out.

Late is 830, and I'm back out racing of course.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
I can honestly can I never get hangovers. Two Advils before I go to sleep / pass out always does the trick. Tried and true for over 15 yrs.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
That's a trick question, there is no best hangover situation. Every hangover sucks!

My two worst were last year memorial day weekend, and when I did a little stint in GTMO with the military. I was death warmed over both days, and in Cuba I threw up on the 1st Sergeant's desk. Quickest clean up job I ever did.

I cringe thinking about those times.

AKJ

responsible drinker
Jan 25, 2006
Jager

I did the same exact thing last Thursday that Ant described. I was drinking Lite like a pussy, one guy got a round of Jagers ... then I got one ... then I switched to Sierra Nevada ... I wanted to get f'd up ... then I couldn't see straight and was talking to myself ... 36 hour hangover ... Like Patrice said, I should have died. Must have been a Jager weekend. I puked all the way home for 40 miles in Alaska the next afternoon.

Best standup EVER ..."Black guy during the week
'Hi Hi How you doing' WEEKEND 'Muthafucker, git outta my face!'"

Steam

May 18, 2003
I did the same exact thing last Thursday that Ant described. I was drinking Lite like a pussy, one guy got a round of Jagers ... then I got one ... then I switched to Sierra Nevada ... I wanted to get f'd up ... then I couldn't see straight and was talking to myself ... 36 hour hangover ... Like Patrice said, I should have died. Must have been a Jager weekend. I puked all the way home for 40 miles in Alaska the next afternoon.

'"
Jager hangovers are the fucking worst.

infected4g64

I hate this name
Dec 25, 2005
Navarre, FL
Thing that I found out that works best for me is: drink one glass of water before going to sleep and waking up at 9:30 on the dot. no hangover. If I wake up before or after 930, hangover for the rest of the day.

and jager hangovers suck.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I can honestly can I never get hangovers. Two Advils before I go to sleep / pass out always does the trick. Tried and true for over 15 yrs.
Don't do that with tylenol or any other acetominophen pain reliever!
It'll melt your liver over time. advil is ibuprofin, and not as bad, but don't do tylenol and alcohol.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
Advil definitely rules

but it ain't a cure all

i chug alot of water before bed
keep a large cup of water on the nightstand
and chug more water whenever i wake up to piss
the next morning i need fucking carbs
bagels and cream cheese are good
and easy to fix , no cooking involved

also peace and quiet and some couch time are preferable

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
I could never figure this whole hangover thing out. I have had a couple real memorable ones though. I usually drink a six pack or so every night, and never get a hangover.

Once in a while though, I'll have a couple (3) beers and maybe a shot or two, and I wake up in the morning feel like shit. And then other times Ill be drinking all day long some times 2 days back to back, and be fine when I get up in the morning.

This past summer we went out on the wifes fathers yacht. Loaded the thing with beer and drank all 3 day weekend. I think we ate 3 meals then entire time, but no hangovers at all. I cant figure it out.

I have heard that eating salty things while drinking will keep you from getting a hangover, I guess it has something to do with alcohol absorption. Don't know if this works or not.