HAPPENING NOW!! Oklahoma City,OK *4th Alarm* Fire/Explosion at Chemical Plant

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
What are the chemicals that are used and made at that plant?

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
It's an oil field services company, Bachman Services. I'm trying to figure out what kind of facility it is, because it's such a broad scope of things that an "oilfield services" company covers.

It could be relatively harmless things like drilling mud or other basic solvents, or highly toxic hydrochloric/sulphuric acid compounds, highly explosive petrochemicals, etc.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
It's an oil field services company, Bachman Services. I'm trying to figure out what kind of facility it is, because it's such a broad scope of things that an "oilfield services" company covers.

It could be relatively harmless things like drilling mud or other basic solvents, or highly toxic hydrochloric/sulphuric acid compounds, highly explosive petrochemicals, etc.
they have a shit load of water reactive chems inside and out the fd is reporting

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
they have a shit load of water reactive chems inside and out the fd is reporting
Sounds like drilling mud:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drilling_fluid

Usually Bentonite. It'll make putting out the fire hard as hell unless they've got something besides water, but it's relatively harmless. It's used by the truck-loads in municipal water treatment.

-But-, there's lots of fraccing substances who are also very water-reactive, and dangerous as hell. After looking up these guys' services offered, though, they seem mostly into work-overs and environmental work, so Bentonite is the best possibility.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
If it's just bentonite, you can fight the fire with water. At least according to the MSDS sheet.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Vids aren't working for me.

Edit - KFOR finally gave me a weather map and someone reading teasers for an upcoming news segment on the fire.