Happy Katrina Anniversary!

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Still looks like a bowl of Cocoa Puffs! (albeit dryer)

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Happy Coon Stew Day!!!

Or is it Death To Houston Day, I can never remember.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
She was a slut that loved to fuck the blacks.

Katrina you goddamn lazy slut, you could of done so much more.

Birf anyway I guess.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
I almost forgot!

BIRF!!!

<<<<Can't forget him.

mendozathejew

never was black people not knowing how to swim so funny

MAV

what a lazy bitch, half assed job in Louisiana if ya ask me

MJMANDALAY

:yclap::yclap::yclap:YAY:yclap::yclap::yclap:

Southtown

Help me try to understand something about the people still displaced due to Katrina. I read something about them saying something about getting no money. If they were a homeowner wouldnt they have gotten an insurance check to fix the house?
If you rented I see it being hard to get your situated for a few months, but I cannot understand for the life of me why these people are still moaning about the govt not helping, like they are waiting for someone else to do it all for them. What happened to getting off your ass and getting your shit together. I am sure they could have moved in with some family or friends somewhere, got a job and moved on with there life after Katrina.
What the fuck? Yes I know they are black but is there something else I am missing?

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Help me try to understand something about the people still displaced due to Katrina. I read something about them saying something about getting no money. If they were a homeowner wouldnt they have gotten an insurance check to fix the house?
If you rented I see it being hard to get your situated for a few months, but I cannot understand for the life of me why these people are still moaning about the govt not helping, like they are waiting for someone else to do it all for them. What happened to getting off your ass and getting your shit together. I am sure they could have moved in with some family or friends somewhere, got a job and moved on with there life after Katrina.
What the fuck? Yes I know they are black but is there something else I am missing?
The insurance agencies said, "yea, about that flood insurance? Go fuck yourself". A friend just got a settlement from All State. They paid him not nearly what his house was worth.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
The insurance fucks found a loophole. They don't cover hurricane damage. So they said the damage wasn't flood damage but damage from a hurricane and refused to pay. The courts backed them up.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Is there a party?

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
There is also a shortage of skilled labor. I just read an article in Fortune about NOLA. There's a home builder willing to build, but they don't have enough skilled labor. For example, Louisana demands that plumbers have a specific certification, so the builder can't bring in extra workers from out of state to get the job done. There was a bill in the legislature to change the requirements, but of course the fucking unions forced it to be voted down.

PCLoadLetter

Crinkle Crinkle!
Fort Wayne, IN by way of Westchester Co., NY
The insurance fucks found a loophole. They don't cover hurricane damage. So they said the damage wasn't flood damage but damage from a hurricane and refused to pay. The courts backed them up.
Doesn't sound like a loophole at all. I don't recall anyone referring to those events as "The Great New Orleans Flood of '05". It was Hurricane Katrina.

I'm surprised you could even get flood insurance in city that's below sea level... There are vast areas in the midwest that are flood-prone where you simply can't get insurance to protect against your losses (which, of course, makes perfect sense from the standpoint of an insurer).

People act like it was only Orleans Parish, Louisiana who suffered from this thing. Wow, last time I checked Jefferson Parish and Plaquemanns were almost wiped off the map. Not to mention half of west Mississippi, parts of Alabama, and some of Florida.

Now I know New Orleans took primary focus, and I know the general nature of what this board thinks. But not everyone who suffered from Katrina deserved what they got.

Yes, a hurricane is coming. Leave. OK, many didn't. But many did. And a shitload of people who did came back to this catastrophe. Last time I checked it's kinda hard to pack your house in your car and get out.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
I think the flood loophole is that the flooding was not due to storm surges. It was due to the failure of the levies to hold, and therefore not covered because it wasn't an "act of god." I could be wrong, but I do sit behind a keyboard. :)

Top Bottom