Hard as Nails (HBO documentary)

Nov 5, 2002
Washington D.C.
Someone must be watching besides me, right? ("right now on HBO-W"). Get it on demand if possible then. It's about some "youth minister" guy. Holy douche chills. It'll give you your fill of uncomfortableness for the rest of the year. And this is coming from a believer (however casually).

Every church I've checked out here in Atlanta is like this douche. There's no in between anymore or nice laid back churches like what I grew up with. They're all screaming, dancing, jerk-offs now.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Someone must be watching besides me, right? ("right now on HBO-W"). Get it on demand if possible then. It's about some "youth minister" guy. Holy douche chills. It'll give you your fill of uncomfortableness for the rest of the year. And this is coming from a believer (however casually).

Every church I've checked out here in Atlanta is like this douche. There's no in between anymore or nice laid back churches like what I grew up with. They're all screaming, dancing, jerk-offs now.
I wonder if that documentary is talking about the same guy that they profiled on that CNN special on religion (God's Warriors) that Christiane Amanpour did. I forget the name of his organization, but if I heard it I would probably recognize it right away.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
I wonder if that documentary is talking about the same guy that they profiled on that CNN special on religion (God's Warriors) that Christiane Amanpour did. I forget the name of his organization, but if I heard it I would probably recognize it right away.

Hard as Nails is the name of the organization. The one you are talking about is called Battle Cry or something like that, which I believe is a much bigger and more well funded group than tha Hard as Nails guy.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Hard as Nails is the name of the organization. The one you are talking about is called Battle Cry or something like that, which I believe is a much bigger and more well funded group than tha Hard as Nails guy.

Exactly! That was it. Yeah that guy is a nut.
I'd like to check out the Hard as Nails documentary in any case...

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
I hear what your saying. I missed that showing but I'm set to DVR a replay.

If I remember my Catholic school education, Jesus was a pretty laid back dude. He preached gently, in parables and except for when he confronted merchants in the temple and at the moment of his death on the cross he never raised his voice.

These screaming, over the top preachers really disturb me and to me are not following JC's methods.