hard drive question

Cat_Peeler

when i turn on my other machine-not this one- it says "Please replace invalid system disk.." is that my hard drive cuz i dont have any disks in my floppy? my floppy isnt even hooked, up is that why?

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Do you have one of those emergency diskettes for Windows? What version of Windows do you have?

Originally posted by Cat_Peeler:
<STRONG>when i turn on my other machine-not this one- it says "Please replace invalid system disk.." is that my hard drive cuz i dont have any disks in my floppy? my floppy isnt even hooked, up is that why?</STRONG>
First check that you have no disks in your a-drive or cd-rom.

The reason it says Please replace invalid system disk is because it cant find the operating system. try booting up with a startup disk then type c:/ then enter then type dir
If all your files show up just reinstall windows. if they dont either your hard drive went bad or you got a virus that reformated your hard drive or deleted system files.

Or

maybe the ribbon or power plug to the hard drive is loose or disconnected If you can get to the C prompt with the boot disk the power plug and ribbion are fine

good luck

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: Stingray ]

Hmm Invalid System Disk... Sounds like you HD crash. Try to boot up ur system with the floppy and see if youcan access the C: drive.