Harold and Kumar Go to Amsterdam.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
The first one was good. I was in college at Stevens Tech up in Hoboken when they were filming the first. My apartment was a couple blocks down from where they filmed the apartment scenes for the movie.

The only thing that pissed me off about the first one was how fucked up the Jersey geography was. The movie took place "somewhere in North Jersey" yet the closest White Castle was in Cherry Hill?!

It was a hilarious movie, but nuances like that get to me. I wish the producers and screen writers would actually step foot in Jersey before they write about it, that's all.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Loved the first, probably saw it like 12 times, this one should be pretty damn good, considering they have the Amsterdam setting to play off of, can't wait!

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
mmmmm... white castle sound soooo good right now. i hope doogie howser makes another appearance.

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
The first one was good. I was in college at Stevens Tech up in Hoboken when they were filming the first. My apartment was a couple blocks down from where they filmed the apartment scenes for the movie.

The only thing that pissed me off about the first one was how fucked up the Jersey geography was. The movie took place "somewhere in North Jersey" yet the closest White Castle was in Cherry Hill?!

It was a hilarious movie, but nuances like that get to me. I wish the producers and screen writers would actually step foot in Jersey before they write about it, that's all.
I get annoyed by tiny inconsistencies as well, but in this case I don't blame them for not spending any more time in Jersey than they needed to.

I'm actually looking forward to this. The montage scene in the first one with Kumar and bog of pot's relationship almost made me pass out from laughing. For simpleton humor the movie was done quite well.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Loved the first, probably saw it like 12 times, this one should be pretty damn good, considering they have the Amsterdam setting to play off of, can't wait!
But they're only in Amsterdam for like a six minute montage from what I hear.

Then they end up in Florida and there's all these lame "messages" against locking up Arabs. I guess Kumar gets accused of being a terrorist or something.

Don't count on it being as good as the first.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The best part of HAKGTWC was knowing the stoners in the audience from the non-stoners. When they had at the scene in the beginning where they go right from bong to bowl to joint all in a row, some people weren't laughing at all, some were coughing up lungs.

And that sucks TKSH.

irishloon

May 1, 2007
Babylon, Long Island
But they're only in Amsterdam for like a six minute montage from what I hear.

Then they end up in Florida and there's all these lame "messages" against locking up Arabs. I guess Kumar gets accused of being a terrorist or something.

Don't count on it being as good as the first.
I certainly was not impressed with the trailer.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Well, the trailer was only a teaser...

Anyway, I was a late comer to Harold and Kumar and only saw it for the first time a few months ago. Surprisingly I found it to be much funnier than Id expected. Ill definitely check out the sequel. Do we have a release date yet ?

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
mmmmm... white castle sound soooo good right now. i hope doogie howser makes another appearance.
Unfortunately now we know the love stains he leaves have a brown tint to them.

OfficerCornjob

Impossible to walk in this muck.
Aug 7, 2007
Imaginationland
Hey Manny and Chevitz
Cant wait, what a great coming months for comedies. Superbad was awesome and we get sequels to both Super Troopers and Harold/Kumar.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
The best part of HAKGTWC was knowing the stoners in the audience from the non-stoners. When they had at the scene in the beginning where they go right from bong to bowl to joint all in a row, some people weren't laughing at all, some were coughing up lungs.

And that sucks TKSH.
Most likely skip H&K 2, and wait until next summer for "Pineapple Express".

I got into an advance screening in LA, and it was that same kind of audience, with the non stoners kind of chuckling and real pot heads not even being able to breathe they were laughing so hard.

"Pineapple Express" will be like "Superbad" of next summer. Same people behind it. It's pretty much "Harold and Kumar" meets a cheesy 1980's action movie, and it's awesome.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
What's the song they play in the trailer... right at the Neil Patrick Harris part?

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Apparently, according to Wikipedia:

The premise of the movie involves Kumar Patel, the Indian American protagonist of the original film, being mistaken for a 'bomb carrying terrorist' while the pair are trying to sneak a bong on board a plane en route to Amsterdam. They are incarcerated in a Guantanamo Bay detainment camp but manage to escape.

The movie follows their adventures as fugitives from the Department of Homeland Security as they travel through Miami to Texas and ultimately find themselves in the ranch-house of President George W. Bush.

MilitantRabbit

Back...and still sucks...
Nov 11, 2004
Woodland Park
As long as they work out slipping the Cindy Kim character in there, I'll be happy. The N's The Best Years has spoiled me with Siu Ta. (Yes, I watch The N at age 21, what of it?)

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
richard christy is in this...ill wait for the dvd, who the F pays for a harold and kumar movie out in theaters....oh wait i did! haha not this one though...

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Update:

The movie is now: "Harold and Kumar Escape from Amsterdam"

Synopsis:

Follows the cross-country adventures of the pot-smoking duo as they try to outrun authorities who suspect them of being terrorists when they try to sneak a bong on board their flight to Amsterdam.

Official Trailer:

[yt]sqvPDRuIlDw[/yt]

Posters: