OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Harry Potter books getting new covers

Discussion in 'Books & Literature' started by BIV, Feb 14, 2013.

1. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Not a huge story, of course, but interesting. When they changed the covers on the Dragonlance Chronicles I about went into apoplexy.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/harry-potter-celebrates-15-years-book-covers-170717056.html

Despite my traumatic Dragonlance experience, this time I think the new cover is much improved.

I still need to read these books. I should go through the first few like water.

2. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

God I'm getting old. I remember taking my kid to a midnight release event at a Borders book shop when the second or third one came out.

Neckbeard likes this.
  3. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

This reminds me of when OnA played this video from the release of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince back on NEW.

the kid at the end was priceless.

Related to this video is a separate story about when the movie version of this that book came out. The whole Snape kills Dumbledore thing is the only thing i had ever known about any of the books or movies at the that point and I had no idea which book it was from. My GF wanted to go see Half Blood Prince. So we just got our tickets and were walking up to the ticket taker. I ask her, "Hey is this movie where Snape kills Dumbledore?" I figured she was going to tell me that was the movie before this one or something like that. She gave me this look like I had just strangled her first child in front of her. I was like, "What? Whats that look for? You read all the books didnt you? Thats the only thing i know about the ENTIRE series." Unbeknownst to me she had never read any of the books and she had only seen the movies, but the way she would talk about the series I assumed she did. When it dawned on me that i had just DESTROYED the movie for her it took all my strength not to laugh in her or she would of started swinging for my face instead of my ribs and arms

4. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

Reminds me of :