Has anyone tried the FM Buddy for the Inno?

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.
Has anyone tried this?

http://www.myradiostore.com/fmmodulators/fm-buddy.html

The website is not very clear, do I need to attach a antenna? There are plenty of repeaters in DC and I do not need a external antenna.

I do not need it for the car, but I would like to use it at the office and broadcast to a mini FM radio. I hate wireless headphones.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
Thanks Goober
haven't heard of this thing before

could use one for my garage boombox
$30 bucks , why not

and it says you can use an antenna with it , not that ya need one

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Wow! I didn't know that such a thing existed. I have been on the fence about getting a Helix just because the car kits are fucking expensive and hard to come by. This little gem just made my decision up. Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of the Helix. Now what to do with my Nexus?

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.
Wow! I didn't know that such a thing existed. I have been on the fence about getting a Helix just because the car kits are fucking expensive and hard to come by. This little gem just made my decision up. Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of the Helix. Now what to do with my Nexus?
Buy a inno series 1, the internal FM mod is so powerful they had to disable it.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
The Helix I am getting is a series one. It has been on the shelves since they were first released. It is now $59. I should go and get it now but I don't really want to deal with the night shift fucktards.

Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
Nov 11, 2001
You need to have the antenna hooked up to it.

You DON"T need the power adapter, it can run on the Inno battery, wouldn't hurt to have one though. Also comes with sureconnect for those Inno2's.

/works for myradiostore

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I'm not paying for something that got disabled via a sneaky firmware update out of principle

I'll wait until there's a little easier way of hacking into it to re-enable it.

Ack's Grl

New Wackbag
Sep 21, 2005
If you like the FM mod idea, the MyFi is the way to go. Fucker broadcasts over FM better than anything else portable. The XT is awesome too. Both are discontinued- I think cuz they rock a little too much. We still sell them though.

/works for MyRadioStore

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
If you like the FM mod idea, the MyFi is the way to go. Fucker broadcasts over FM better than anything else portable. The XT is awesome too. Both are discontinued- I think cuz they rock a little too much. We still sell them though.

/works for MyRadioStore
Yeah, damn those pesky FM modulators they came with back in the beginning!

The stupid FCC thought it was such a big deal that they had issued a recall on them because of their broadcasting ability.

I still have mine of course though since I had it installed in my truck back in early 2002 and I tried it out to see if it would broadcast to my friend's car and of course it would as long as they dialed into the frequency I had set.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri

/works for MyRadioStore
Had a MyFi and agree 100% But I upgraded to an Inno1 ( a refurb from Myradiostore.com ) and prefer it to the MyFi. But I only use the home kit at home and use the FM direct hookup in the car.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Just got my Helix and ordered the FM buddy. Now I just need mount to hold the thing in my car.

Razor Roman

MJMandalayForPresident2024
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
I like my Tao. the FM Transmitter is enough that I can listen to XM on all the radios in my place

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
I have to have a hard wired unit, my fm antenna in my truck is combined with the cb antennas. got me a ziggy adapter for my old kenwood receiver and skyfi3, sounds better direct

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Just found out that the Helix/Inno cannot record scheduled recordings in the car cradle. That ends it for me, I will be taking the Helix back for a refund or selling it on ebay along with the FM buddy. Why the fuck can't it do scheduled recordings in the car dock????? My Nexus can.:mad4::arrrh:

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Just found out that the Helix/Inno cannot record scheduled recordings in the car cradle. That ends it for me, I will be taking the Helix back for a refund or selling it on ebay along with the FM buddy. Why the fuck can't it do scheduled recordings in the car dock????? My Nexus can.:mad4::arrrh:
Did you upgrade the firmware? Mine does, but I also have it hooked up to an "always hot" cigarette lighter input since my car has two.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Did you upgrade the firmware? Mine does, but I also have it hooked up to an "always hot" cigarette lighter input since my car has two.
Wait, you have an Inno/Helix and it does the scheduled recordings from your car dock? I don't have one so I can't test it out. My Helix is version 1.3. I have have read that if I update it I will lose the strength of the FM modulation.