PC Has Firefox been laggy for you? Here is the solution...08/2018

So Firefox is my preferred browser but since the last update it has been laggy like crazy. I noticed that in the task manager when i would expand firefox it would be hogging up CPU and RAM at a crazy rate. I would right click and kill the instance that was using like 8GB of ram and it would crash a tab that was amazon, or twitter or what not...usually websites that continuously update.

Well it turns out it might be related to the stupid user accessibility services in windows....
Go to the settings in firefox, options-->privacy and security, scroll down and check off the box next to
Prevent accessibility services from accessing your browser

Looks fixed.

This has been driving me nuts for a few weeks. It was even screwing up gaming if I had firefox open because it was eating all the RAM and CPU.

Now firefox with 10+ tabs open is using 850mb of ram, not 16GB

Here is the solution...chrome.
I use Chrome for fantasy sports which have different email accounts than my work etc. So for using the same email clients for both it's easier to use 2 different browsers rather than having to log in and out all the time. Work gmail accounts have youtube blocked so it's pain in the ass if I leave work logged in and then go to watch something on youtube etc...I have to log out/log in and then I have 3 different youtube accounts...snooorrre...I like firefox...

Bobobie

I completely uninstalled Firefox and now use Chrome and MS Edge. I was getting occasional blue screens for no apparent reason while using it. It was always the same error message, something to do with a video driver. I installed different drivers other fixes and tweaks but nothing worked. It's been two months and I've not had a single blue screen.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Here is the solution...chrome.
I completely uninstalled Firefox and now use Chrome and MS Edge. I was getting occasional blue screens for no apparent reason while using it. It was always the same error message, something to do with a video driver. I installed different drivers other fixes and tweaks but nothing worked. It's been two months and I've not had a single blue screen.
Far too many programs don't work on Chrome...or Firefox. Pretty much have to have both

Bobobie

Far too many programs don't work on Chrome...or Firefox. Pretty much have to have both
I never had a problem just using Firefox until the frequent crashes.