has there ever been a singer/songwriter Cooler than Warren Zevon?

Earth2murf

HATES EVERYONE!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Rotten County NY
...on the way home i heard Lawyers,Guns and Money..and it got me thinking just how much i miss Warren....Over the years i got to see Warren in NYC,Jersey,Poughkeepsee?,and even Greenwood Lake...Fucking Dude was allways the King of Cool..Even in Greenwood Lake when the crowd was a sea of drunking white trash , Warren asked, did anyone want to here a song that wasn't 20 years old.Fucking toothless crowd couldn't come up with one song title...You could tell he was pissed but Warren was cool about it..I saw him solo, with a 3 pice band And with a huge band..Fucking Warren He was John Wayne,Hank Williams,Jimmy Cagney and Ron Bennington all in one..A Fucking straight shooter who saw the gates of heaven but will never see the Rock n'Roll Hall of shame.... God Bless Ya Warren:clap::clap::clap:....now let me break out my Envoy record that Jesus Mentioned ..

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
ahhhhhooooooo...warewolves of London....ahhhhoooooo

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
Can we clarify what you mean by singer songwriter? Because Dylan was cool, Lou Reed was cool, Neil Young was cool... I think Zevon was great and it's a shame that he'll never get his due.

T

take5

One of his later albums, Life'll Kill Ya, is as good as his classic material.

Yeah, I'm a fan. Big time.

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
Can we clarify what you mean by singer songwriter? Because Dylan was cool, Lou Reed was cool, Neil Young was cool... I think Zevon was great and it's a shame that he'll never get his due.
Ahem, what about Mr. Cougar Mellencamp, sir?

Seriously, Zevon is a bruiser and completely underrated. He may be the king of unsung anthems. I love him, but I am admittedly under exposed...Its a good night for torrents, ahem.

And yeah, "Lawyers Guns & Money" is way up there with greatest rock n roll songs of all time. The end has all those "Hahs, Uhhs, & Yeahs" and repeating crescendos..."owww". Its also like a little story about a character who seems to be a fuck-up and is involved in gambling and espionage. Very cool, indeed.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Morrissey. Done, bury it and bury the shovel.
How about we just bury Morrissey?

Must agree with the above: Lou Reed. There is none cooler. Also, Van Morrison, Neil Diamond, David Bowie, Bobby Darrin, Zappa, Sinatra....but Warren Zevon is definitely in their company.