Hatchet

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!

When a group of tourists on a New Orleans haunted swamp tour find themselves stranded in the wilderness, their evening of fun and spooks turns into a horrific nightmare.

It's not a remake. It's not a sequel. And it's not based on a Japanese one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0422401/

I had heard about this last year, and finally 'found' a copy a couple days ago. Fucking loved it! Best horror movie in years. Also, it's fucking hilarious.

Apparently, it just opened in limited release last Friday. Has anyone seen it?

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All

It's not a remake. It's not a sequel. And it's not based on a Japanese one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0422401/

I had heard about this last year, and finally 'found' a copy a couple days ago. Fucking loved it! Best horror movie in years. Also, it's fucking hilarious.

Apparently, it just opened in limited release last Friday. Has anyone seen it?

I 'found' it too, but I'm holding out because I think it's a cut version. imdb.com lists the running time at 93 minutes but the version out is only 80 minutes, and it supposedly was originally rated NC-17.

After reading all the raves, I'm psyched.

WhiteHonkyDevil

I 'found' it too, but I'm holding out because I think it's a cut version. imdb.com lists the running time at 93 minutes but the version out is only 80 minutes, and it supposedly was originally rated NC-17.

After reading all the raves, I'm psyched.
I'm guessing you 'found' the same version I did. If it IS, it's the uncut. The 'cut' version is only a few seconds shorter (2 of the deaths were trimmed). Watch it, and then read about the cuts.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
I'm guessing you 'found' the same version I did. If it IS, it's the uncut. The 'cut' version is only a few seconds shorter (2 of the deaths were trimmed). Watch it, and then read about the cuts.
Thanks, I'm off to 'find' it again :).

Johnny Manf

WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
I watched it but I didnt really like it that much.
It was too cheesy for me and seemed like the same thing over and over.
Someone gets killed in an EXTREME way, then they run, they someone else get killed in some extreme way, then they run a little more, then it just continues until the end.

the deaths were so over the top that they were comical. if thats what you were looking for then it succeeded but i thought it was supposed to be trying to be the new horror franchise and after this one, i dont want to see another.

WhiteHonkyDevil

I watched it but I didnt really like it that much.
It was too cheesy for me and seemed like the same thing over and over.
Someone gets killed in an EXTREME way, then they run, they someone else get killed in some extreme way, then they run a little more, then it just continues until the end.

the deaths were so over the top that they were comical. if thats what you were looking for then it succeeded but i thought it was supposed to be trying to be the new horror franchise and after this one, i dont want to see another.
Yes, that's what I was looking for. It's not really supposed to be a new franchise, but a send-up of old slasher films. It never took itself seriously, and tried to be funny but not in an "ironic Scream-90s-horror" way. I mean, the scene with Tony Todd should've been an indicator.

(all ominous-like)
"They said I can't take the tour out at night anymore. Not since the terrible thing that happened last year. The insurance won't cover me anymore. Not since the terrible thing that happened last year."

"What happened last year?"

"You don't want to know"

"I soooo do"

"A guy fell out of the boat...into the swamp..and SUED ME FOR NEGLIGENCE! That COCKSUCKER!

edit: the spoiler is totally paraphrased. The buildup is a lot longer, and the delivery is totally over the top.

Johnny Manf

WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
yeah i definitely laughed at some scenes.
but it seemed like a Part 4 to me. when they start getting a little silly.
i was hoping for like a Halloween or Friday the 13th in the beginning before they started getting silly.

mascan42

First, the was Saw

Then, there was Hatchet

Coming soon . . . Belt Sander

:D

Top Bottom