Have Opie & Anthony changed your views on anything?

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
A few days ago, Jimmy was discussing how people would argue with him and never admit he was correct in his conclusions. So have O&A ever changed your views on anything that you previously held to be true?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Truthfully, no.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I used to think they were just regular guys hanging out and having a good time. They have changed my mind about that.

Rangers484

Chia Obama, WTF?
Jan 14, 2006
East Coast
Yes, especially when Opie talks sports. He really knows his sports talk.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
I used to think trannies were really gross. Has my opinion changed?
Absolutely !

:action-sm

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
A few days ago, Jimmy was discussing how people would argue with him and never admit he was correct in his conclusions. So have O&A ever changed your views on anything that you previously held to be true?
I learned plenty of things from listening to the show. Many of those things I had a superficially wrong opinion on, before, and the show helped me change that. Does that count?

But they never changed my mind on something I held to be true. I try to only hold things to be true if I know them to be true. I don't think that's how Jimmy operates, though. I think a lot of his views are superficial opinions that he holds to be true. Anthony has a lot more curiosity than to allow himself to do that. Maybe instead of criticizing him, Jimmy should sign up to Professor Anthony's class, and pick up a few pointers on how to inform yourself on various subjects.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
Yeah. I learned that irrational hatred can be directed toward a voice on a radio show.

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
i agree with norm on the jimmy angle, especially if someone sells him some line of bullshit about something. he gets mad when people disagree with him, but does it passive aggresively and rarely does he truly have more than 50% of the facts on most topics.
he also has a thing where he diagnoses peoples "conditions" (ocd -addictions etc) as if he were a doctor. drives me nuts when he puts on the thoughtful jimmy voice and does that.
i gota say no the show hasnt changed my mind on anyhting

Graveyard

Jul 28, 2012
Oh hell no. I love the show and find it makes me *howl* a lot. But both Opie and Ant are entitled millionaires who think anyone who disagrees with them are automatically wrong, even though they're hopelessly out of touch. They're also guilty of the exact same shit they criticize Howard for. Money changes people and makes them oblivious. It hasn't made them completely unlistenable the way it has made Stern though, not yet anyways. Jimmy lives in a strange bubble and says a lot of dumb shit. He worships Ozzy, but can't name the correct album Mr. Tinkertrain is from, for instance. How does a superfan fuck that up? They have made me look at something from a different angle, but have never changed my mind on anything. That's not possible, their opinions on sports, politics and music are awful and uninformed.

KR1288

Mar 23, 2012
Lower Bucks
It is a morning radio show. I'm not looking to learn from it

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Oh hell no. I love the show and find it makes me *howl* a lot. But both Opie and Ant are entitled millionaires who think anyone who disagrees with them are automatically wrong, even though they're hopelessly out of touch. They're also guilty of the exact same shit they criticize Howard for. Money changes people and makes them oblivious. It hasn't made them completely unlistenable the way it has made Stern though, not yet anyways. Jimmy lives in a strange bubble and says a lot of dumb shit. He worships Ozzy, but can't name the correct album Mr. Tinkertrain is from, for instance. How does a superfan fuck that up? They have made me look at something from a different angle, but have never changed my mind on anything. That's not possible, their opinions on sports, politics and music are awful and uninformed.
I got really annoyed this week when they were ranting about people who don't use their real names on the internet when discussing controversial topics. They're lucky enough to have a job that not only supports but almost requires that type of discussion... however most people would be fired for saying the stuff they do in a public forum. Essentially they were saying only they deserve to say whatever they want and still keep their jobs. It's unfortunate companies have to give in to public pressure when their employees say something controversial, but it's a reality that has to be accepted. The only way for many Americans to speak honestly is to do so anonymously.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I used to think that Brother Wease was only the 5th most important person in broadcasting history and not the first.

Palaver

But Enough Of This
Jul 24, 2005
I too used to like face/off.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
they've changed my views on regular radio.

i now hate the shows i used to listen to back in high school.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
they've changed my views on regular radio.

i now hate the shows i used to listen to back in high school.
And I notice tv bias more, hack radio, hack tv, and hollywood superficiality.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I honestly feel like Anthony and Patrice turned me around on a movie one time, but I can't think of which one it was.

And it wasn't Independence Day.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I honestly feel like Anthony and Patrice turned me around on a movie one time, but I can't think of which one it was.

And it wasn't Independence Day.
Twister? I kind of enjoy that movie, but when I watch it now all I think about is that fucking fork.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Twister? I kind of enjoy that movie, but when I watch it now all I think about is that fucking fork.
What ruined it for me was how they transmitted on the cb several times without anybody keying the mic. Funny how a minor detail can ruin it.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Oh god yeah, it was Twister. The fork clang and the FINGER OF GOD MAN. I knew it was cheesy when I saw it originally but never did I truly realize just how cheesy it was.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Oh god yeah, it was Twister. The fork clang and the FINGER OF GOD MAN. I knew it was cheesy when I saw it originally but never did I truly realize just how cheesy it was.
Yeah I knew it wasn't a great film but still found it entertaining. Then I watched Ant simulcast it and break it down, and that ruined it for me.