HBO GO...What's everyone watching?

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Almost every HBO show ever, every season/episodes streaming. HBO really knows how to keep customers happy.

Games Of Thrones I'm watching weekly of course and I just started True Blood, which I have never seen before...After I'm all caught up and Season 5 airs next month. The Wire will be my next addiction, maybe some EXTRAS, flight of the conchords, Six Feet Under.

Aug 5, 2004
If you havent seen six feet under then I STRONGLY suggest you watch it. What a great fucking ride that was.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I still need evidence that Hardcore TV existed for I am not mad and that show was a real thing.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Six Feet Under eats asshole
Only the characters do. And I know that could be a joke about David, but you know Nate was nose deep in Brenda's butt. And, hopefully Claire wouldn't be adverse to that.

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
I have been rewatching The Wire. I have heard by many people about Game of Thrones so I will probably do that next.

I would like them to bring back some of the older series from the 80s and 90s I use to watch when I was younger like 1st&Ten,Tales from the Crypt, and The Hitcher. I do remember when HBOonDemand started they had the Hitcher on and I got my wife into them.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Deadwood and The Wire

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
I have been rewatching The Wire. I have heard by many people about Game of Thrones so I will probably do that next.

I would like them to bring back some of the older series from the 80s and 90s I use to watch when I was younger like 1st&Ten,Tales from the Crypt, and The Hitcher. I do remember when HBOonDemand started they had the Hitcher on and I got my wife into them.
1st & 10 was one of the first series I looked for when I got access.

Watched Band of Brothers, next up The Wire.

Joker1919

Oct 11, 2008
Central Kentucky
I'm watching Board Walk Empire. Me and the wife are going through all of the HBO docs on there as well.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Nothing. HBO GO isn't available yet through my BluRay player and I'm not rushing out to buy another streaming device.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
I wish it was Streaming for PS3, but My Iphone will do for now, I could lay on my couch and use headphones comfortably. Funny or Die is pretty funny, never seen it before.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Really wish this was on the PS3. It's fine on the ipad, but would be much more gooder on my TV.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
http://www.bidnessetc.com/36253-hbo-rumored-to-work-with-apple-inc-as-launch-partner-for-hbo-now/

HBO Rumored To Work With Apple Inc. As Launch Partner For HBO Now
Time Warner Inc’s HBO is reportedly in talks with Apple to partner on its standalone streaming service, called “HBO Now”. The streaming service will debut next month and is not to be confused with HBO Go

By: Larry Darrell

Published: Mar 5, 2015 at 12:52 pm EST

As HBO prepares itself to launch its standalone streaming service, called “HBO Now”, later in April, it is rumored to be in talks with Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL). As per a report on International Business Times, the Time Warner Inc’s (NYSE:TWX) premium cable and satellite television network HBO is planning to make Apple TV one of its launch partners for its streaming service.

The highly-anticipated streaming service is slated to debut next month, in conjunction with the premiere of the blockbuster show “Game of Thrones” fifth season. HBO Now is an online standalone video subscription service developed by HBO and streaming partner Major League Baseball Advanced Media.

When it debuts, the standalone service will allow consumers to subscribe to it directly, instead of through a third-party provider. If bought directly from HBO, it will be available in the market at an expected price of $15 per month. For other consumers, the charges will be similar to how they order HBO through other mediums like cable or telecom providers such as Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) or Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA).

Time Warner reported it “will rely on a whole new line of distributors e.g. Apple TV, Xbox, Roku, Amazon.com, Inc., PlayStation etc, to help market HBO Now to an estimated 10 million US broadband subscribers who do not pay for a cable TV bundle. CEO Jeff Bewkes has said the offering could also help reach some of the 70 million cable TV subscribers who do not subscribe to HBO but might if given the opportunity to subscribe online.”

HBO’s SVOD service has been cast as the biggest challenge to the cable bundles, in which consumers are obliged to buy channel packages, majority of which they never even watch. According to a study, as more people opt out of cable and subscribe to HBO Now, it would lead to a 7% fall in Pay-Tv subscriptions. Given HBO’s vast popularity among Americans as the one-stop entertainment provider, more people would want to subscribe to this service than watch cable channels which are bound by time and choice.

Some cable providers have expressed an interest in bundling the new service with their own broadband(s) for their consumers who do not have cable TV. However, as per sources privy to the matter, Apple has been the most aggressive in connecting with HBO in a bid to add the online streaming service to its entertainment device, Apple TV. Apple’s network appliance already carries HBO Go for the current HBO consumers.

Apple has been striving to negotiate for the rights to air its own linear television package and HBO Now appears to be a way for Apple to market its Apple TV and drive its sale to a larger consumer base.

Launch of over-the-top service will be a major milestone for the media company’s premium TV provider, which has for the most of its history been packaged and distributed as an add-on to a bundle of multifarious cable channels. It will help the satellite television network to bypass the traditional cable TV and win deals with a new set of distribution partners.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Will there be an app for IPhones?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Comcast are cunts:

Comcast Blocks HBO Go on PS4
Because of decisions that "have not yet been agreed to between the parties."
By Mike MahardyUpdate: Comcast responded to IGN, providing background on its other supported devices.

"Xfinity customers who subscribe to HBO currently have access to the full HBO library via their set to box, or via Xfinity TV Go platforms across devices," a Comcast spokesperson said. "We also currently authenticate more than 90 networks across 18 devices (and we began authenticating HBO and Showtime on Roku last December) so there is no shortage in the number of ways for our customers to access their content across the devices and platforms of their choice."

The HBO Go app released on PlayStation 4 recently, but Comcast customers are unable to activate it on Sony's console.

HBO Go originally released for PS3 last year, and the same problem occurred under Comcast. Users took to forums asking the broadband provider if the ommission was for technical reasons, and Comcast cited business technicalities for the app's absence. The provider didn't mention PS4 specifically in the post, but did include "other devices" in its response.

"HBO Go availability on PS3 (and some other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties," Comcast wrote on the forum thread. "Thanks for your continued patience."

PlayStation owners under AT&T, Verizon and Time Warner Cable have not, on the other hand, experienced the same difficulties. In other recent news, the standalone HBO service finally has a name: HBO Now. According to the report, HBO is in talks with Apple to make AppleTV one of the service's launch partners, when HBO Now will reportedly launch in tandem with the Game of Thrones season 5 premiere.

IGN has reached out to Comcast for comment.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/05/comcast-blocks-hbo-go-on-ps4

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
Can't wait for the Scientology documentary. I read the book it's based on. These kooks are similar to Joseph Smith and the Mormons in the way they're able to make large numbers of people swallow bat-shit crazy nonsense.

Not sure what HBO Now will do that HBO Go doesn't

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
It's supposed to be released in a few months and there is no info about mobile device access or tablets.

I imagine there will be as well.

$15 is steep for a few good shows. You should have access to movies as well as old HBO shows.

I wanna watch Tales from the Crypt, Dream On and First & Ten damn it

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
"Time Warner reported it “will rely on a whole new line of distributors e.g. Apple TV, Xbox, Roku, Amazon.com, Inc., PlayStation etc, to help market HBO Now to an estimated 10 million US broadband subscribers who do not pay for a cable TV bundle. "

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/hbo-apple-no-roku-google,news-20605.html
"It's finally here. The online, a la carte HBO service everyone's been waiting for — and those with Apple TV, iPhones or iPads are the only ones who can get the $15/month HBO Now."
@NuttyJim
Does Apple-HBO Deal Dis Roku, Google, Others?
By Sean CaptainMarch 9, 2015 2:28 PM - Source: Tom's Guide US | B 6 comments

It's finally here. The online, a la carte HBO service everyone's been waiting for — and those with Apple TV, iPhones or iPads are the only ones who can get the $15/month HBO Now.

What if you have a Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast or Nexus Player, a game console or a smart TV? Unknown. HBO hasn't announced support for any other devices, nor have any device manufacturers. Tom's Guide inquired with HBO and many of the big streaming-device makers, and none have committed to further plans for the services.

MORE: Best Streaming Players: Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV & More

A Roku representative, speaking on behalf of the company but asking to not be named, provided only a philosophical statement. "In general, broad distribution is important for content providers, and especially for a new service where the goal is to gain as many subscribers as possible," the person told Tom's Guide.

Google gave a subtle hint about its future with HBO. "We don't have any specifics to announce around HBO Now," said spokeswoman Veronica Navarrete, "but it is worth keeping in mind that the HBO Go app already works with Chromecast and HBO subscribers can still get content that way." That seems to say: Google is ready when HBO is.

Leaving Roku out — at least of the initial launch — is curious since the streaming box, stick and TV maker is one of the top device makers. Leaving out Android apps is also odd, since the OS runs not only on major mobile devices but also because a version of it, Android TV, runs on Google's Nexus Player and on upcoming smart TVs from Sony and Sharp, among others. Android (as well as iOS) devices can also cast content to the popular, $39 Google Chromecast.

"In its infancy, the streaming media player market was driven by growth from Apple and Roku," reads analyst firm NPD's Jan. 26 Connected Home Forecast. "But over the past year and a half Amazon and Google have made a significant impact."

But if HBO had to pick just one company, it made a good choice with Apple. NPD analyst John Buffone told us in an email that as of its last report on streaming devices at the end of 2014, "Apple TV remained #1 followed by Roku, Chromecast, and Fire TV."

Today's news might have people wondering if they should pay for Amazon Prime Instant Video (one aspect of the $99/year Amazon Prime subscription). Not only are the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick not included, but with HBO Now, Amazon is no longer the only place to stream HBO's back catalog of shows — episodes roughly three years old or older (not counting Game of Thrones).

Some good news for HBO fans and cord cutters who don't have an Apple device — the Apple TV has been discounted $30 from $99 to $69. That's just in time for fans of Game of Thrones, Veep or other HBO shows to snap one up before HBO Now launches by the second week in August. HBO has said only that it will be online in time for the season debut of Game of Thrones on April 12.