Headline: FCC considers fining Sat Radio

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Holy shit, I might have beat someone to this?

FCC Considering Fines Against Satellite Radio
CHARLOTTE -- September 27, 2007: FCC Chairman Kevin Martin said this morning that his agency is considering forfeitures against XM Satellite Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio for a series of rule violations tied to receiver standards and power levels for terrestrial repeaters.

Speaking at the NAB Radio Show FCC Breakfast, Martin said the FCC's Enforcement Bureau is investigating claims that some of both companies' receivers were built to operate at levels that exceed permitted limits, and is also investigating claims -- including some lodged by the NAB itself -- that terrestrial repeaters owned by XM were operating beyond the allowed limits.

Martin declined to state when the agency might release a final decision on these ongoing investigations.

tourettesguy

Certified Labia Inspector
Oct 4, 2005
Akron, OH
The ol' bait and switch scary headline joke.

You got me.

You have no jurisdiction over me!

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
That's why the current firmware on the Inno's require you to use a car adapter instead of being able to transmit to your car or home stereo wirelessly. The function is still in the Inno's but they soldered some things internally to disable it because they were getting complaints that neighboring cars were picking up the signals too strongly.

I was at the CES show when they debuted it a couple of years ago (that's where the sig pic is from) and that's what sold me on it. Then I upgraded the firmware and lost the feature.

Now if they make the repeaters less powerful, we won't get decent coverage.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Blame Howie and friends for that one. All those Christians writing letters when their favorite lying thieving preacher gets replace with the hideous Howie on the radio.