Hell, I miss being out on the Ocean - Deadliest Catch Wave Compilation

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Check this out;

WAVES!

Back in '96 I was stationed on the USS New Orleans, she was a big ship

We were caught in a massive low pressure system in the north Pacific. As we rode the crests and plunged into the troughs, the waves would break over the flight deck. The flight deck was about 60 feet from the waterline. Every time we hit a wave, you could feel the rumble of the ship in your boots. That was living!

Granted, I was never on a smaller boat like these guys but, I kind of understand why they do it.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
As we rode the crests and plunged into the troughs, the waves would break over the flight deck. The flight deck was about 60 feet from the waterline. Every time we hit a wave, you could feel the rumble of the ship in your boots.
holy shit.

about deadliest catch, ive been wondering why they dont have a tether system on those boats so the guys dont fall off into the water. seems like alot of guys are lost from losing their footing or falling off the cages while their tying them up.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
holy shit.

about deadliest catch, ive been wondering why they dont have a tether system on those boats so the guys dont fall off into the water. seems like alot of guys are lost from losing their footing or falling off the cages while their tying them up.
While they do have tethers for sailors on solo sail boats, it won’t work for a commercial fishing vessel. The first thing that comes to mind with respect to a tether system is that the boat is moving. The person could be pulled into the props (water running around the hull of the ship flows aft, depending on the length of the tether = ground beef). Another idea is that when the line goes tight, it could cause massive internal injuries. Remember, the person is in a viscous fluid, as opposed to air, and it will offer resistance and cause the line to snap hard. You fight the flow, you drown. The best bet is to turn the props away from the person and come back for him as fast as you can.