Movie Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen - March 2019 (R-Rated Reboot) (Dir: Neil Marshall, Starring David Harbour)

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I like this. I wish her career hadn't gone down the Resident Evil rabbit hole. She's worth more than that.
She was good in some movie that completely escapes me now. Fuck now it's gonna bug me. I'm not sure if the movie itself was good, but she was. Hang on now I gotta look it up...

Stone! I remember being impressed with her holding her own with Deniro and Norton.

Neon

ネオン
She was good in some movie that completely escapes me now. Fuck now it's gonna bug me. I'm not sure if the movie itself was good, but she was. Hang on now I gotta look it up...

Stone! I remember being impressed with her holding her own with Deniro and Norton.
Yeah I remember liking that. And I think she could totally pull this off.

Pigdango

Donator

I don't know nothing bout the Hellboy comic. If it looks fun and/or sufficiently fucked up Ill give it a go.

The blood queen story was fucking great.

A bit more action packed than the normal Hellboy story lines but with an amazing ending which I won't spoil in case they use it.

I don't know nothing bout the Hellboy comic. If it looks fun and/or sufficiently fucked up Ill give it a go.
Most of Hellboy plays out in short stories 3-4 issues long. They're like ghost stories where Hellboy is sent to some random location to find out whats goin's on. People are being eaten, or people are missing, or a house is glowing at night in the middle of no where, or whatever.

There is a sort of underlying background story to it all, but my favorite moments are Hellboy dealing with these odd situations. Its like Star Trek, except its a demon finding out why this planet is weird, and then he fights the Gorn.

Neon

ネオン
Neil Marshall is a great addendum to our directors discussion - the guy made one of my all time favorite horror movies (The Descent), but he's also made meh stuff and stuff that's just fine. So hearing his name on it is certainly miles better than a McG or a Rattner, but he isn't in the tier of directors that instantly get me excited, plus he didn't write this movie. However, since the stuff he made that I liked was all more in the horror genre, and I know that this movie is aiming for a more visceral R-rated thing, then it feels like a good fit.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Director is a great addendum to our directors discussion - the guy made horror movie (Title), but he's also made other stuff I have no feeling either way towards. So hearing his name on it is exactly the same as Director 2 or Director 3. But he isn't in the tier of directors that instantly get me excited, because no director, writer, musician, or artist should ever get me excited. However, since the stuff he made that I liked was all more in the horror genre, and I know that this movie is aiming for a more visceral R-rated thing, then that means nothing to me, for if I were to consider a director, writer, musician, or artist's oeuvre, I am offending them, for they want no recognition or acknowledgement for anything they have ever done or will ever do.
Fixed.

Pigdango

Donator
Well you certainly got my point. Let me give yours a try:

Neil Marshall is a great addendum to our directors discussion - the guy made one of my all time favorite horror movies (The Descent), so his next movie is something I'm anticipating more than any other movie. I don't even care what its about! Who cares if it's a horror movie! I'd watch a 14 hour documentary about him taking a shit, plugging his toilet, getting out a plunger, failing to fix his toilet, calling a plumber, and then filming the plumber's butt crack for 8 hours straight. Because he has a voice and he would bring something really magical to that plumber's butt crack. I don't even care if it's a movie! Put his name on the toilet plunger and I'll shove it up my ass just to be closer to something he touched! Sure hundreds or even thousands of people work on a movie, but the director is the only one who matters, and the only one who can make a movie must see! So hearing his name on it is certainly miles better than a McG or a Rattner, who also have each made exactly one good movie, but he isn't in the tier of directors that instantly get me excited, because he didn't make a movie about tentacle monsters who give Amy Adams super powers! Plus he didn't write this movie, but that's ok because writers only matter when they are directors, too. However, since the stuff he made that I liked was all more in the horror genre, and I know that this movie is aiming for a more visceral R-rated thing, it will have more F words in it, and they automatically makes it good. If the director's vision calls for F words.

Pigdango

Donator
"I accepted the role unaware that the character in the original comics was of mixed Asian heritage."

Ed Skrein is an idiot. Why take a comic book movie role without looking at the fucking comic?

Pigdango

Donator
What a fucking asshole. He posted a picture of the obviously asian character on the day he got the job.

Pigdango

Donator
"Here's a bunch of money to play this part that's attached to a major franchise."
How'd that work out for him? Also REL at "major franchise."

Think that's him or think it's official Twittererer?
If you're taking the role of asian sidekick in a low budget Hellboy movie for the money, you can't afford a Twittererer.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
How'd that work out for him? Also REL at "major franchise."

If you're taking the role of asian sidekick in a low budget Hellboy movie for the money, you can't afford a Twittererer.
You can get an Asian sidekick Twitterererer

Pigdango

Donator
How much Deadpool do you think he read?
I'm not saying to read every comic or even one. Christ, just google it. Which he clearly did, and obviously didn't even think about the implications of the picture he was looking at. It took a week of people like Lexi Alexander telling him he's not Asian before he figured it out. The guy is an idiot.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
I'm not saying to read every comic or even one. Christ, just google it. Which he clearly did, and obviously didn't even think about the implications of the picture he was looking at. It took a week of people like Lexi Alexander telling him he's not Asian before he figured it out. The guy is an idiot.
Probably stepped down to hear the cacophony of "Look, it's one of the good white people respecting actors of color!"

Ugh.