Movie Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen - March 2019 (R-Rated Reboot) (Dir: Neil Marshall, Starring David Harbour)

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Don't know what you're talking about, new costume looks great.

Bobobie

Sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. They couldn't get someone who can enunciate? This is the Sheriff from Stranger Things right?

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
I’m not breaking any new ground here but I think they got it right the first time.
And yeah he speaks as if he has 10 pounds of rubber and makeup on his head

Bobobie

This isn't your Fathers Hellboy. Leave the kiddies at home.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job

Practical effects everybody. Practical effects.

(One of the worst effects I have ever seen is at 1:25.)

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I'll say I'm boycotting because Perlman's my Hellboy 4lyfe, but really it's just because of how bad this looks.
There's so many shitty things that its hard to pick from them all.

Why is there a china-cheeta-man? I've read at least a dozen plus Hellboy comics story lines and never seen this dude.

I still wish the movie was small scale like the comics. The best Hellboy stories are him playing detective and trying to find the source of some paranormal mystery. No side kicks, no end of the world Marvel-esk scenario, just good writing and some action in a few places.

LiddyRules

Why is there a china-cheeta-man? I've read at least a dozen plus Hellboy comics story lines and never seen this dude.

I still wish the movie was small scale like the comics. The best Hellboy stories are him playing detective and trying to find the source of some paranormal mystery. No side kicks, no end of the world Marvel-esk scenario, just good writing and some action in a few places.
The irony is, if this movie tried to be smaller scale it wouldn't look nearly as cheap as the Epic Hellboy Adventure it's going for.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
One thing I really enjoy about the comics that the movies don't really touch on is the locals Hellboy ruins into to gather clues and bits of information from. The first movie had the talking corpse but other than that it wasn't really touched on.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Chinese sales might be the only way this could make a profit. It's crap otherwise, and what benefit of the doubt I was giving David Harbour is gone now. He's a mumblemouth compared to Perlman.

If this crashes and burns, I wonder if the door is 100% closed to a third Perlman film when folks can be younged up now (if needed).

LiddyRules

https://hellboy.fandom.com/wiki/Benjamin_Daimio
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Daimio

A formerly dead United States Marine, Daimio suffers from a curse that transforms him into a horrific jaguar-like creature.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Looks like he's mostly a BPRD character. Explains why I never saw him before because I never read that series.

He's a mumble mouth compared to Perlman.
I thought I heard him slurring his words together.

Speaking of Perlman is he going crazy? I keep seeing people post his tweets where he's challenging Trump to fights and posing with Mexicans and saying fuck the wall.